Do you go out in the rain

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by tinkerbellandeeyor, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Do you go out in the rain

1. Yes

110 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Other

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

I should have been more honest in my op I did not feel like hanging out with this person regardless if it was raining or not was not doing well emotionally and so I tried to post pone our plans by asking if we can hang out next week I have had my good days and bad days sens pumpkins passing I get it has been closs to a month but still he was my companion

2. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

I've had a long day. I thought you said it was worth it until someone else quoted you. I was sitting here all happy for you.

I'll go out in rain if I have to (work, taking DS to school) but will postpone things like grocery shopping if I have the option.

OP, with more info, I get it now! You were wondering if the person would likely see it as a valid excuse.

tinkerbellandeeyor likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. kimblebee

kimblebee now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Sorry you're having such a hard time with Pumpkin being gone. Would you consider another cat, or is it too early?

5. tinkerbellandeeyor

We still have pumpkins brother and we don't think it would be fair to him to bring in another cat

6. MIGrandma

MIGrandma Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.

I love twirling around in the rain if it's hot outside!! And I'll run through the sprinklers right along with the grandkids too...and I'll be 60 in August!! :)

You mentioned Stone Mountain Park, are you talking about the one in Georgia? I was there many years ago on a bus trip with my elderly parents and we were spending the night at the inn right there on the property, they were having a laser light show so my Dad and I walked over to watch it (Mom didn't want to go) and it started to POUR so Dad and I were running hand in hand back to the inn, laughing all the way! It is one of my fondest memories of spending time with my Dad. :lovestruc We had no umbrellas so we were soaked by the time we got back, but what a wonderful memory of it. :)

7. Marchand63

Marchand63 DIS Veteran

Being essential personnel, my job virtually insists the worse the weather the more I have to go out in it, especially frozen rain!!

I actually love rain, especially in WDW. :D As long as no lightening I even stay in the pool in the rain:beach:

8. NFLDERS

NFLDERS Ontario, Canada

My brother, and dsil moved out there last Fall from Ontario. While they've only experienced 3 seasons; The jury's not out on the rain. Dsil is pretty sure she doesn't like it!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

This year has been much worse than normal. If this is their first year, I promise it DOES get better!

10. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Yes - it's Stone Mountain Park in Georgia. We've gone and had it start raining on us with pop up showers but I'd prefer not to be there in the pouring rain. LOL My parents used to RV and they'd come and visit us and stay there in their RV. We'd go and hang out for the day. I think we've done everything in the park several times now. I go to the Yellow Daisy Festival there every year. It's been several years since we've gone to the Laser Show. We need to do that again sometime.

MIGrandma and tinkerbellandeeyor like this.
  11. 2disneywego

2disneywego Disney makes me Happy!!!!!!

Living here in the land of the mouse, I have a very healthy respect for the abundance of lightning so I don't go dance outside in the rain.
    Lightning took out my mailbox last week. I swear that sucker exploded!
    But, seriously, it was there when I bought my home 2 years ago. Who installs a metal mailbox here?

12. mel&me

mel&me DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes, raining out right now and I am headed to the store in a bit, so I don't have to go in the morning,

13. aprilgail

aprilgail DIS Veteran

The rain is what cleans my car LOL

bluezy likes this.
  14. xlxo

xlxo DIS Veteran

Agreed.... after a couple hours of rain.... tree sap and bird droppings can be removed with a whisk of the garden hose.

15. scrapquitler

scrapquitler DIS Veteran

I'm just wondering why common sense tells you to stay home in the rain?

I am not going to stay home just because its raining (or really even if it's snowing, that doesn't stop me unless there's a lot snow). I just go on with my life and do what I need/want to do regardless of the weather. Granted, there are some days when it rains and I just don't feel like going out, so I use it as an excuse, but that doesn't happen often -- mostly when I don't want to do the errand in the first place/

16. tinkerbellandeeyor

To keep roads open for those who have to be out in it

xlxo likes this.
  17. Caropooh

Caropooh POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!

Same here! I do sometimes where a raincoat, but not normally. An umbrella is unheard of!

18. tinkerbellandeeyor

Just a update I did go out willingly out in the rain just to retun something so I am sure it could have waited

And I well go out to eat Sunday rain or shine

I still won't drive in the rain though both scenarios are walking distance from my house

19. adisneyaunt

adisneyaunt LTD

I don't go out driving In heavy rain.. but yes, i do go out in it if I want/need too.

20. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

I won't melt so I don't let the rain stop me. I do drive slower in the rain though.