Do you dream about things you did (bully) or said as kid that you now regret

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
Only bullied my younger brother! Once, at least that I recall, only once. I tied him to a chair with the help of my then bf. :teeth: His bf who I knew was coming over to our home, freed him. My bf, and I simply wished a head start to meet with friend; who I wanted to talk to before he did, you understand. :rolleyes1 However, I have absolutely no guilt dreams about it. When we get together at birthday parties ie. His bf always brings it up, all the while shaking his head, and we laugh about it. Well, two of us anyway!

Last edited:
Yes, I regret I wasn't nicer to several kids I went to school with who were picked on/mistreated. I don't dwell on it but I do remember certain incidents clearly and I'm not proud of the role I played.

AND, Yes, I do watch Kelly & Ryan. :teeth: This statement in case a pp wishes to point out, that they too heard this discussed on the show this am. ;)

Last edited:

You know I was wondering about this the other day. I did not bully people. I was always the one that was picked on. I wondered how many today at reunions look back at what they may have done to those people and apologize.

Yes. I was not a bully on a regular basis (in fact, I was bullied, which is why I think these incidents stand out to me), but here are two incidents in my life I often think back on with regret. The first one I was cruel to a dear friend for superficial reasons. The second, I took advantage of a good friend's trusting nature by asking her to accept a risk I would not have accepted myself. I've told both friends how I regret my behavior, but even after all these years I look back on both decisions with shame.

You know I was wondering about this the other day. I did not bully people. I was always the one that was picked on. I wondered how many today at reunions look back at what they may have done to those people and apologize.

I'm hoping many. That which I pray about is that they teach their children, and in my experience grand children too, the lesson of Non Bulling. My worst experience was a bully in elementary school whom went on to bully in HS; ended up a repeat prisoner. As an adult many years later when finally out of prison, took his life his remorse so very difficult for him to over come... sigh.

Yes. I was not a bully on a regular basis (in fact, I was bullied, which is why I think these incidents stand out to me), but here are two incidents in my life I often think back on with regret. The first one I was cruel to a dear friend for superficial reasons. The second, I took advantage of a good friend's trusting nature by asking her to accept a risk I would not have accepted myself. I've told both friends how I regret my behavior, but even after all these years I look back on both decisions with shame.

You validated, and were I'm confident forgiven. Lesson learned, and pay forward. :hug:

This! There were a few guys in middle school who taunted me to no end. (Looking back on it, I'm sure there were other girls who experienced the same by the same group of boys...) I often wonder if they ever look back and know what they did and how they made girls feel. Especially if they have daughters! Interestingly enough, several of them are divorced or have never married. Maybe they never really learned how to treat women after all. Sad, actually.

I don't recall ever bullying anyone per say, as I was picked on myself... but I have said many things in my childhood that I deeply regret and that I'm ashamed of. What was said wasn't out of malice or hate though, just sheer stupidity/ignorance. I've dreamt of a particular moment a few times and I still cringe thinking about it.

Last edited:
NFLDERS, not sure what you mean by the dream part of your title?? Did I do things I regret as far as bullying........no, because I never bullied but there are such stricter bullying scenarios out there so maybe there was a situation once in awhile as I was the oldest of 5. ;)

NFLDERS, not sure what you mean by the dream part of your title?? Did I do things I regret as far as bullying........no, because I never bullied but there are such stricter bullying scenarios out there so maybe there was a situation once in awhile as I was the oldest of 5. ;)

Do the readers of this thread dream about bulling that they had done to others as a kid. OR hurtful things that they said to another kid.

No ; I was always the bullied one. Wait... I'm always the awkward one in a group, so I am still pretty much bullied or ignored no matter what. :(

True fact- I'm now married to someone I used to bully in grade 6.

I feel horrible about it now, especially knowing what he was going through in his personal life at the time.

I'm not a mean person by nature, I was following the crowd. That's hardly an excuse but if I was teasing, I was being teased.

Don't remember a ton of my childhood, but just like as an adult, no regrets (and no dreams) about anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter