Do you always fax a room request?

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
This is only my second trip to Disney as an adult . Last year we stayed at the GF and did not request a room. Now that I have been hanging out on these boards, I feel that maybe I should make a request because it seems like so many of you do. If I don't request, does that increase my chances of getting "less" of a room so to speak. We are staying at the Poly (Garden View) in May and don't know whether to request a particular section or just leave it up to the hotel. What do you think?:confused:

I never fax in my requests, but I do make a few requests through CRO. I don't think faxing increases your chances of getting what you ask for. Imo, it's a combination of luck and making your requests simple and few.

If you don't make any requests, I do think you're probably likely to get a less "desirable" room location, if room location means anything to you. Some people ( I wish I was like them!) could care less what view they have or where their room is located, they're just happy to be there. If there is something in particular you want in regards to your room, then yes, I'd make requests. But again, I think listing them with CRO and perhaps double checking once to make sure they have them is fine.

I also don't fax my request in. I make my request when I make my ressies, and have almost always gotten my requests or pretty darn close.

I always fax in my requests and have always received the exact room location and most times exact room # I have requested. I also make sure my requests are noted on the reservation before hand.

I make our requests with CRO when I make our hotel reservations. I have never faxed a request to the hotel and so far, we haven't been disappointed. :D

Last year was the first time I faxed a request in addition to requesting when I made my ressies! I did it about 4 days prior to check-in!! I ended up getting where I wanted to be!! On our 1st trip, when I went through a travel agent, I requested to be close to Old Port Royal, at CBR, and ended up totally around on the opposite side of the resort in Aruba!! My only other request was non-smoking!! It can't hurt !! Good luck!!:D

I typically do and usually get what I ask for. I faxed my requests on my last trip and got everything I wanted. I stayed at the Polynesian last November and had room #1913 in the Tokelau building and the view was amazing! It was a "garden" view, but I could see the beach, lagoon & Grand Floridian from my room & a little more from the patio. This room is also at the end of the hallway, so the door to the walkway is just a few steps away, as is the quiet pool. It is a little walk to the main building, pool & boat launch. I would highly recommend using the boat launch as an alternative to the monorail. This is much less frequently used and a relaxing way to get to & from the Magic Kingdom. It is about a 7 or so minute walk to the TTC, but if you are looking to catch a monorail to EPCOT early in the morning, I would recommend grabbing the monorail from the Polynesian to the TTC & transferring there. The monorail to the MK starts around 7am and the one to EPCOT does not start running until 7:30am, even on early entry days. The main pool is nice, but can be quiet crowded at times. I enjoyed the quiet pool a little more, due to it's closeness to my room and it was less noisy. Also, if you want a quiet place to watch the fireworks or just relax on a hammock, head for the Tahiti beach. Most people head for the main beach, so this one is much less used and is right outside the Tokelau building. Also, Tokelau is a non-smoking building, if this matters to you. For a building closer to the main pool & building, I would suggest Samoa, however, this is a smoking building, again if this matters. I really loved the view I had and found this building and area to be quite quiet.

Terk--1 ,

Thank you for all your advice! It helped alot. That room you suggested did that have a balcony? Would #2913 be even better ? Thanks for all you help!

Originally posted by frankiemom
Terk--1 ,

Thank you for all your advice! It helped alot. That room you suggested did that have a balcony? Would #2913 be even better ? Thanks for all you help!

These rooms are the most requested of all rooms at the Polynesian. First floor rooms have a patio, 2nd and 3rd have balconies.

Just don't be disappointed if you don't get a specific room. Alot depends on occupancy levels of the hotel during your stay. It is easier for them to grant requests if the hotel is not sold out.

Also if you ask for a specific room that room has to be vacant on the day you check in. Odds are against that happening during a busy time.

I never fax, and this is based on comments from friends that work at Disney resorts.

I make my requests when I book my room.

Sammie,

What do you say when you request your room when you book? Do you tell them a particular room or just a specific section? Thanks.:confused:

Originally posted by frankiemom
Sammie,

What do you say when you request your room when you book? Do you tell them a particular room or just a specific section? Thanks.:confused:

Never a specific room, it's too hard to fill. I ask for: example
First Floor, near the pool
or
Second floor, near the bus stop

First Floor, near the main building

Something that would give them some leadway. I am not interested in a specific room, just a general area.

That way many rooms would fit my request and that increases the chances they can give it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter