Do we need to try the Yachtsman Steakhouse again

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I keep reading how so many love the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and I have to say, DH, DS, & I ate there a couple years ago, and thought it was mediocre at best. Did we just hit it on a bad night, or are we just too picky? Has anyone else ever had a bad experience there? TIA :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I would love to know as well...have never been but this next trip in January is our last for a long time and want to pick the best steak joint to go with children and still have a nice meal....

Had made a PS for Concourse...reviews made me wary...then decided on Yachtman's...you're making me wary....then I read Flying Fish has great steaks and now I just don't know. If I'm spending around $150 for a meal for our family I want it to be better than my $50 meal at Outback.

Any suggestions? Dh is a huge steak fan and his birthday is in January so we wanted to splurge for him.

Thanks...looking forward to reading others comments..
Tara

The first time we went to the YSH a few years ago we had an awesome meal. We went back a couple years ago and while the service was fine the food wasn't as good as we had remembered. I am happy to report we decided to give it another try in July and we had a wonderful meal. Service (John) was impeccable and the food was all very good. I ordered a "side", the marinated mushrooms for an appetizer and they brought me a huge plate and they were divine. I love their bread there as well. Any place can have an off night so if you do decide to go there I hope you have a meal like we had.

I have read so many reviews here like Epcotgal8's. It seems that YSH went through quite a rough time a couple of years ago, but recent visitors have reported excellent meals. So I would say you should definitely try it again. :D

I Just ate there a few nights ago, I had the rack of lamb and my son got the rib eye steak, we were both very pleasedHow everything tasted and the way it was cooked. :D

Weve only eaten there once, this past July. Everything was delicious!

I noticed that the Chateau'briand For Two is back on the menu - my wife and I are definitely going back there in February!

I noticed that the Chateau'briand For Two is back on the menu

OOOOOHHHHHooooo....YEAH it is! :):):) and VERY good it is too!
We LOVE the Yachtsmen! we consider it one of WDW's top 10 places to eat! :):):)

If you didn't get the dessert sampler, you need to go back:teeth:

Actually, we did get the dessert sampler, and it was the only part of the meal that we really enjoyed. We thought the steak was okay, but nothing better than our local steakhouses. Perhaps we were expecting too much. :confused: I don't remember there being a Chateau'briand for two. You guys have gotten me intrigued about the idea of maybe trying that. The only problem is DS(12) is a bigger eater than I am, and I've trained him well, as far as enjoying a good meal goes, so I'd probably end up being the odd person out. Do you think we could order it for 3, along with the dessert sampler, of course? :p

I just looked that up, and saw that it's an 18 oz. tenderloin. I couldn't begin to eat that much steak, but it sounds really good. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sadly we have found the food to be mediocre at YSH in recent years. It used to be one of our favorites. Not to worry though, there are plenty of other choices!

I don't remember there being a Chateau'briand for two. You guys have gotten me intrigued about the idea of maybe trying that.

The Chateau'briand has been off of their menu for at least a couple of years now. This dish was recomended to us by a waiter years ago and it was so good that it became a "must do" every trip. It was truly excellent. We were very disappointed when it came off of the menu. Now that it's back, we're going back! We hope that it's as good as it was previously. I'll let you know the middle of February!

Now, if they would only put the smoked prime rib with the white sauce back on the menu at Artist Point!

We ate at Yachtsman last night (returned home tonight :( ). Chateaubriand for two was on the menu for $80. My husband and I each opted for an 8 ounce filet (it used to come plain, now it's accompanied by a red wine sauce which was very good).

We have been going there for years, and while it was our favorite WDW restaurant for a long time, we hadn't been happy there our last couple of times. Last night we gave it another try, and had a very good meal.

I'd try it again if I were you.

As to good steak, I thought Brown Derby had the best I've tried at WDW so far. Plus, you can't beat the atmosphere. Le Cellier is also good, but I thought the cuts of meat at the Derby were better. I definately have the Yachtsman on my list for my next trip, though - can't wait to try it out!

N.E.D.

it is more a matter of taste for us. DD16 (then) and I went last year on our Christmas trip. We love steaks but were disappointed with the flavor... all we could taste was a charcoal/seared flavor on the outside of the meat. The inside was cooked med rare as requested... but it had basically no taste compared to that charcoal flavor. I'm sure many people like the way it was cooked... we just prefer something else... like a good mesquite grilled steak (mmmm, flavor).

As for sides... we tried the mushrooms and creamed spinach. DD said she likes my mushrooms better... these had some other flavor she wasn't used to. But we both LOVED the spinach.

So as a recap... we spent a lot of money (over $100) for food that was not seasoned the way we prefer. Was I disappointed? Yea. Did I get over it? Yea. Will there be other meals at WDW that we love? Yea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter