• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we need 2 separate checks when dining together on 2 packages?

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
We will be travelling with my parents and sharing most meals together. They booked their resort/package separately from us, and we will have the free dining. How does that work when eating together?

Last year we ate with another family that was also on the dining plan and the restaurants had to give us separate checks.

You do want to get seperate checks .Also we were traveling with another couple on the DDP last year and at CRT when we gave the CM our cards and tickets she mixed our cards up and took 1 credit off of theirs and 3 credits off ours so we were 1 credit short now.Luckily we were eating at just about every ts together so they just used it on us later but it could of been a real problem so make sure you check your reciept when you get them back.(fyi- CRT is 2 ts credits now)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about this too.

So now if my mother who is on one package and my family on another package, dine together and we get things not on the plan (before dinner drinks, or items we are paying OOP for), we will get 3 separate checks or 4? Are we going to drive the servers crazy...especially when we use the DDE on the extra things? ;)

When we went last year we were 3 couples on 3 separate plans. We just told the CM when we sat down, they asked for 1 card from each couple and voila! It was super easy and we had no problems the entire trip.

Just make sure your stomach is stretched out before you go - you'll eat like kings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter