Do scooter people go to dessert firework parties?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Are you able to stay on the scooter? Is it one way for MK and a different way for Epcot?

Do you need to park your scooter outside of the party area and not enter the party area with a scooter?

Are there any scooter people out there that has done this and would be kind enough to share your experience?

I can only tell you about Jingle Bell-Jingle Bam at Dhs (and I would guess if they have other ones it is similar) they had a separate section for the scooters and their party at the front. All those on them got to stay on them. After all scooters were in place, they did allow kids to make an orderly line and sit beside them.
Everyone else stood in the other section.

We went to the Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at DHS, they had low tables set aside for HC access mixed in among the standing tables, so I just pulled up to the table. It was a bit more difficult to get around the lines for the food, especially when it first opened. I just had DH make up my first plate and once the lines went down I went back again to get things that DH hadn't thought to get. As with the previous poster, they had a section in front for those in scooters/wheelchairs for the fireworks. I haven't done any of the other parks, so hopefully someone will chime in with their experiences there.

at the MK you can be in your scooter the whole time as the dessert part is on the tomorrow land terriest and then you (if you do garden view) down to the grassy area.

I did the one at EPCOT they let the ECV/wheelchair guests in first and they had low tables set up it was nice I do suggest that if you are able to walk a bit that you leave the ECV at your table as maneuvering where the desserts are set up can be difficult

So far we have had zero problems with the dessert parties - just be sure to let them know you will need an accessible table. As @Tozzie said, if you can park the ECV (or have a friend/family member) go get the goodies, it is much easier!

Enjoy!

I did the MK Tomorrowland Terrace with Plaza Garden Viewing dessert party this past Sunday night and sat next to two folks in a scooter in the garden view area. They even moved their scooters around a bit once the show started to get a better view. Seemed like they were enjoying themselves!

Hope that helps.

:-)

Who do you need to inform that you need an accessible table? Do you need to do this when making a reservation? Or do you just do it when you show up for the party to get in?

Who do you need to inform that you need an accessible table? Do you need to do this when making a reservation? Or do you just do it when you show up for the party to get in?

When you are booking a dessert party online, on the page where you finalize all of your arrangements, there is a section in the middle that says

Special Requests
Please tell us about any special dietary or accessibility requests for your dining party.

You click the "Add" button, and that is where you will let them know you have either dietary or accessibility needs. :)

I did the plaza viewing party with a scooter. I hadn't let them know ahead of time bc I got hurt right before going but it worked fine. At the viewing locations, I parked off to the side bc people were sitting on the ground and I didn't want to block their view but it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!