Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should probably update their sign then too because the "off to neverland" sign says they have the right to enter even with the sign up.
View attachment 296789
As a guest if it was a one-time check I want and should know that rather than feel like every day of my vacation must be watched carefully.

I don't get the 8-day thing at all :confused3. Are they saying they will check daily if 8 or less days but only once if more than 8 days? Or is it that if you stay 8 or less days you won't get a security check but you will but only once if you stay more than 8 days.

Also a one time check does nothing for safety. The guest who knows that and is planning on something can def. (well they could before too with daily checks) just plan it for after their 'one-time' check.

Every one gets a security check ONE time during their stay unless they are staying a long time. For example, if you are staying at a resort for a month then you will have more than two security checks. If you stay less than 8 days you will have one security check.

The security checks are not about safety. They are just a show to cover their butts.

I’ve read through most, if not all, of the thread and haven’t seen any plausible reports of Disney employees intruding into rooms.

"I agree, I'm just looking for some true experiences where the policy wasn't a good experience.I personally don't have a fear so I'm trying to understand."

Maybe its just me and maybe it depends on one's definition of "intruding" but the story on trip advisor by the man who said a Disney employee loudly knocked, insisted she enter, insisted the man step outside, flips on the light while his wife and grandson are sleeping....seems intruding to me. But hey maybe I'm crazy.

Also the story about the woman at Port Orleans who was sick in bed with the "sign" on the door hears a knock, ignores it and a MAN enters her room...seems intruding to me.

And this:
"i said i'm in my underwear and i ask to come back in an hour and he says he needs to look in the room and i need to open the door."

And this:
"Probably 10 minutes later, I returned to my room and saw a guy scanning a keyfob to go in. I greeted him in a friendly way and said "that's my room and..." and he cut me off to gruffly say "I'm doing a security check" as he walked in! He was fully in the room when I caught him by the shoulder and pointed out my Princess asleep in the bed"

And this:
"my grandson wakes up before fully rested, and spends the rest of the day cranky."

I'm sorry but are you reading the same thread as I am? And these are just a smidgen of people who have bothered to report their experiences. Leaves one to wonder the bigger picture of this policy! No?

intrude |inˈtro͞od| verb1 [ no obj. ] put oneself deliberately into a place or situation where one is unwelcome or uninvited:enter with disruptive or adverse effect:

Last edited:

"I agree, I'm just looking for some true experiences where the policy wasn't a good experience.I personally don't have a fear so I'm trying to understand."

Maybe its just me and maybe it depends on one's definition of "intruding" but the story on trip advisor by the man who said a Disney employee loudly knocked, insisted she enter, insisted the man step outside, flips on the light while his wife and grandson are sleeping....seems intruding to me. But hey maybe I'm crazy.

Also the story about the woman at Port Orleans who was sick in bed with the "sign" on the door hears a knock, ignores it and a MAN enters her room...seems intruding to me.

And this:
"i said i'm in my underwear and i ask to come back in an hour and he says he needs to look in the room and i need to open the door."

And this:
"Probably 10 minutes later, I returned to my room and saw a guy scanning a keyfob to go in. I greeted him in a friendly way and said "that's my room and..." and he cut me off to gruffly say "I'm doing a security check" as he walked in! He was fully in the room when I caught him by the shoulder and pointed out my Princess asleep in the bed"

And this:
"my grandson wakes up before fully rested, and spends the rest of the day cranky."

I'm sorry but are you reading the same thread as I am? And these are just a smidgen of people who have bothered to report their experiences. Leaves one to wonder the bigger picture of this policy!

intrude |inˈtro͞od| verb1 [ no obj. ] put oneself deliberately into a place or situation where one is unwelcome or uninvited:enter with disruptive or adverse effect:
Thank you for going to all that trouble.

Thanks for responding.

Every one gets a security check ONE time during their stay unless they are staying a long time. For example, if you are staying at a resort for a month then you will have more than two security checks. If you stay less than 8 days you will have one security check.
Hmm..that is def. interesting to me. Still trying to figure out the why behind it lol.

The security checks are not about safety. They are just a show to cover their butts.
Totally agree; I think I have said that on this thread too. I was more or less putting it out there for those who were of the stance that Disney was simply doing this for safety. I can def. understand if one feels safer but not a whole lot of what Disney is doing is actually showing they are focused on safety especially the to be expected inconsistencies.

If you read back, you'd see I have three trips planned in 2018. I can't believe how mean some of you are for a simple question.
I don't think anyone is trying to be mean. I really think people here have done a good job keeping to the rules of DIS.
Its a very controversial and difficult topic to balance. Many people absolutely love Disney, many others see the decline.
We need to keep this threat open. Its our ONLY venue to vent. To learn. To discuss. So that we as adults can make informed decisions about how we will deal with this new policy.
Please keep posting. Please keep giving us your opinions, ideas and observations. Thanks.

If you read back, you'd see I have three trips planned in 2018. I can't believe how mean some of you are for a simple question.

Clearly you need to push those trips up because you aren’t going to be satisfied with anyone’s experience if it doesn’t fall under “traumatic.” You have completely dismissed the stories of other guests. That isn’t exactly nice.

And stop. No one is being mean to you. In fact the other posters have been very polite despite your little passive aggressive digs:

I person
I agree, I'm just looking for some true experiences where the policy wasn't a good experience.I personally don't have a fear so I'm trying to understand.

You claim you don’t even have a fear of the policy and you just want to understand. If you don’t have a problem with the policy one would assume you are fully aware of it so what is there to understand?

When you say you want “true” experiences you are dismissing the experiences that have been posted in this thread. If you are going to be dismissive (which is mean) then you need to experience it yourself so you can have all of your answers.

I asked a very simple question and apparently you have a problem. Not everybody here has time to read 54 pages to catch up. I have no problem with anybody here, just asking a question, a very simple question but you're making it into a battle. I won't bite. I wish you well and take your click someplace else.

You’re being dismissive again when you state not everyone has time to read 54 pages. Well, other posters did find the time because they were truly interested in the policy. If you want to understand as you say, find the time to read through the thread. No one should have to do the work for you.

like I said I won't get into your battle, I'm just looking for a nice talk and you seem to have some kind of pathetic battle going on.

Saying someone wants to engage in a pathetic battle also isn’t very nice. There never was a battle, just posters telling you to go back and read the thread like everyone else. There are no snowflakes here.

Clearly you need to push those trips up because you aren’t going to be satisfied with anyone’s experience if it doesn’t fall under “traumatic.” You have completely dismissed the stories of other guests. That isn’t exactly nice.

And stop. No one is being mean to you. In fact the other posters have been very polite despite your little passive aggressive digs:

You claim you don’t even have a fear of the policy and you just want to understand. If you don’t have a problem with the policy one would assume you are fully aware of it so what is there to understand?

When you say you want “true” experiences you are dismissing the experiences that have been posted in this thread. If you are going to be dismissive (which is mean) then you need to experience it yourself so you can have all of your answers.

You’re being dismissive again when you state not everyone has time to read 54 pages. Well, other posters did find the time because they were truly interested in the policy. If you want to understand as you say, find the time to read through the thread. No one should have to do the work for you.

Saying someone wants to engage in a pathetic battle also isn’t very nice. There never was a battle, just posters telling you to go back and read the thread like everyone else. There are no snowflakes here.
Lets not chastise. Please. The work snowflake is derogatory and not necessary. We need to keep this thread OPEN.

Some people find this new so called security vacation ruining and other have no issue with it. Why can't we understand everyone vacations different. I like to relax in my room and just chill out with my husband. My daughters go to the parks all day and night. This new so called security is really going to effect my vacation. My daughters said they can deal with it.

And this:

And this:

And this:

I'm sorry but are you reading the same thread as I am? And these are just a smidgen of people who have bothered to report their experiences. Leaves one to wonder the bigger picture of this policy! No?

You left out the one about the man walking menacingly toward a woman bathing her crying children.

I'm sorry you went to so much trouble. This is the internet. People can post whatever they wish, and there's no way to determine the veracity of their account. Others are free to believe or disbelieve based on their own knowledge and life experiences. Some people seem to feel so strongly about this new policy that I wouldn't be surprised if they posted something not quite true or omitted a fact that would shed a completely different light on the matter.

I have no doubt that there will be mis-steps by Disney in implementing this policy. Do Not Disturb has a much broader meaning than Room Occupied - it can mean you don't want anyone disturbing the room or its contents whether you are there or not. It made sense for those who did not want housekeeping to keep the sign up during their entire stay. The new policy changes that. Room Occupied means someone is in the room. If you are using it when you are out of the room, it is untruthful. Housekeepers are less likely to respect the sign if they see people leaving it on the door as they're all walking out of the room.

Finally, there is no reason to be condescending. I know the meanings of words quite well, including the meaning of intrude. I agree that the posts you quoted describe intrusions. I just don't believe they occurred. Debating the merits of a policy is just fine, but there is no sense in arguing whether a particular post is true or not, or belittling someone for not believing it. You don't know that these accounts are true any more than I know they are false.

Last edited:
People can post whatever they wish, and there's no way to determine the veracity of their account. Others are free to believe or disbelieve based on their own knowledge and life experiences. Some people seem to feel so strongly about this new policy that I wouldn't be surprised if they posted something not quite true or omitted a fact that would shed a completely different light on the matter.
That can happen to anything and everything and it's hard to participate in any thread when you are of that belief that no one thus far is telling truth.

If you (general you) are under the opinion that no one has said a word of truth that's totally ok everyone is afforded their own opinion..but perhaps not voice it at least in the way it has been (where someone has something different other than "this policy didn't affect me" and is met with..are you sure that's what happened? or outright ignores it because it doesn't say "this policy didn't affect me" because that's honestly how it comes across) and just know that in your opinion nothing is accurate.

I'm honestly not sure what can actually be accomplished by asking for 'true' and 'real' experiences using those words in the way they are being used. Quite frankly it doesn't make a lick of sense considering anything anyone posts you (general you) can easily dismiss that as not true--it's basically a vicious cycle--I say "here's my experience" and you (general you) say..what? "sorry ma'am I don't believe you" another poster says "here's my experience" and you (general you) say..what? "sorry sir I don't believe you". What is going to satisfy you (general you) in the quest for 'true' and 'real' experiences.

I really would like to keep the thread open as well but it's going to be hard if one keeps getting told that no real or true experiences have happened especially when that may mean someone chooses not to disclose of their experience for concern that they will be met with someone saying "I wouldn't be surprised if they posted something not quite true or omitted a fact that would shed a completely different light on the matter." or something similar.

You left out the one about the man walking menacingly toward a woman bathing her crying children.

Why does this discredited story keep popping back up on this forum? It was found to be untrue and deleted from the DISBoards weeks ago, yet it keeps popping back up.

Ok, it's been about 30 days since WDW started instituting what was originally billed as a daily security check so I thought I'd come back and check out what's new in this thread and hopefully be able to see links to photos or videos of these first hand experiences. I know if it were me and someone came knocking while I was in the room I'd have grabbed my phone and started recording. I've read the past 20 pages, and I see nothing. Are these posts being deleted while I was away? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter