Do kids dress up in DL?

Brika

Mouseketeer
Wondering if kids dress up like princesses in DL for character meals...

Yes. Princesses and pirates seem to be pretty common at parks and even at character dinners. I'd say maybe 1 in 250 kids are dressed up in the parks and slightly less than that at dinners. If you're thinking about doing it just go for it. You'll probably get more interaction from the characters at dinner would be my guess. As for parents/teenagers I saw dozens dressed up as pirates but that's it.

There are TONS of kids who dress up... yes mostly like princesses and pirates, but I've seen some peter pans, Alice in wonderlands and some tinkerbells. One that stood out for me was this one child who was dressed as Mary Poppins. She was SOOOOOO cute she had the umbrella and everything.

The kids who do get dressed up do get a lot of attention from characters.

Just remember that only kids age 9 and under are allowed to wear costumes *into* the parks. Though I've certainly seen some oddly dressed adults at Disneyland...but I guess that's just the way they dress and not a "costume", so it's acceptable.

I was surprised about the lack of kids dressed up in DL, frankly. In WDW the numbers are certainly greater.
When we went to Ariel's, DD was the only one there in a costume. And the room was full. She was wearing sleeping beauty. While I saw others in princess themed clothing, none had the costume on.
We talked at length about how/when she was going to wear the costume and decided to bring it with us and check it into a locker and then have her change right before the meal. She then wore it all night after that. She did get lots of attention! It was a bummer, because sleeping beauty wasn't one of the princesses that day, but she was fine with all of the attention. In fact, I think she got more because the other princesses knew sleeping beauty wouldn't be there.

I saw several little princesses at DL, and I believe we also saw a Peter Pan and a mini-Prince Charming, so cute! I have boys, and didn't think little boys dressed up, so it was nice to see at least a few. I hope this is a trend that catches on, my boys love to dress up in costumes!

When we were there last Thanksgiving we saw a lot of princesses and some pirates. I'm hoping my 2 1/2 year old will want to dress up. She's in an independent phase right now....so it will be dependent on her mood!

I'm glad to know you have to be under 9 to dress up. I wasn't aware of that rule. Thanks!

My Granddaughter loves to dress up in her princess dresses every time we go. She gets so much attention from so many different people. CM in the parade blow kisses and wave to her, and people just coming to have a fun day say hello. It is hard to talk her into wearing regular clothes! princess:

My girls like to dress up for about 15 minutes and then they ask for their real clothes :teeth: -- But yes. There are kids dressed up. Not NEARLY as many as at WDW, but you'll see plenty of little princesses and pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter