Do I need sweatshirts the end of November?

I've been several times the end of August, and needed them then after the sun went down! Matter of fact, one trip we stayed off site for 15 nights, and made a couple Target and Walmart trips, and picked up a couple hoodie style sweatshirts. We were cold after dark!

The weather can vary, and I always do laundry on vacation once or twice. I bring a little bit of everything.

Even daytime I have a light sweater with me, as the air conditioning can really blast in some restaurants and rides.

Bring them. We were there for Thanksgiving in 2007 and had to buy jackets (and gloves) for all of us because it was chilly, and not just at night.

Last time I went around that time I was in jeans and short sleeves with a jacket pretty much the whole time.

I always encourage folks to pack one outfit for each extreme. Typically it will be very pleasant, the Nov 24th average high/low is 76F/56F. But the record low is 31F and the record high is 85. The weather channel monthly page will show the record high/low if you click on the date.

So I suggest you have a sweatshirt or hoodie ready. You will know in the morning whether you want to throw it in the backpack for the evening.
Yes, bring sweatshirts. And gloves. And warm socks. I think it's always best to be prepared for the possibility of cold weather rather then have to purchase expensive Disney clothing. I went on the October trip once, and the temperature dropped close to 30° overnight. I had packed based on the forecast, which was 90 to 95° and high humidity . So I had mostly tank tops and shorts and sandals. When the weather cooled off so much overnight, it made it difficult to try to layer with the few cold weather items I had brought. Things like gloves and warm socks don't take up much room in the suitcase, and it can get expensive to buy things at Disney, especially for a whole family. So I recommend bringing at least one item for each person, things like gloves, warm socks, and even hats. And definitely a sweatshirt for each person! I would have loved to buy a Disney sweatshirt during my unexpectedly cold trip, but was too cheap to pony up the $65 it would have cost to buy the sweatshirt.

We've had 6 or 7 trips around Thanksgiving. We mostly pack shorts and t-shirts but I include 2 pairs of jeans, a couple of long sleeve shirts and a sweatshirt for everyone. Most of our days start in shorts and a sweatshirt and end the same way. We just tie the sweatshirt around our waist during the day. We have had the rare day that we were in the 40's and we've had the rare day where is was in the 90's, but for the most part it should be in the 70's and nice!

We've gone many times the following week (1st week in Dec) and definitely needed hooded sweatshirts/jackets.
And gloves and scarf on at least 3 occasions.

Like I said in my original post, I know Florida weather is unpredictable, and I will be packing for any sort of weather. However, I’m trying NOT to bring a whole lot into the parks with me since I will be the one carrying a backpack of some sort. Was just curious if those who have been at the end of November could kindly give some advice. Thank you! :thumbsup2

We were there in late August last summer and it was brutally hot. However, it rained in the evening and the temp dropped about 20 degrees in a matter of minutes. Instead of another poncho, I had packed my rain coat because it's a type that can be packed up small and zipped up into a pocket. I was happy I had it because it was cold after the rain and we were damp! I guess the moral of the story is that there is always potential for it to get cooler- even in August.

But, I hear you on trying to limit the amount of "stuff" you have to drag around the park all day. Instead of sweatshirts, maybe consider some UA lightweight cold gear? https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/tech-1-2-zip/pid1317592-565
It will keep you warm but won't be as bulky in your bags as packing a heavy sweatshirt.

We have been to Disney many times the week after Thanksgiving and at night it does get cool. I am hot natured but usually do bring a hoodie sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. My legs never get cold, but if yours do you may need more. I would check the weather before you leave and base you decision not that. We live in GA and even to us the FL humidity makes a huge difference. Sweaty and cold is no fun.

Last edited:
I went to a Christmas party in November and sweated to death. It was 85 degrees at midnight. 2 days later we were bundled up in jackets at sunset. In Florida you never know....

I would suggest at least bringing a base layer shirt (underarmour, cuddlduds, etc) that you could use to layer. They weigh next to nothing and fold up super small.

Hi everyone! We are heading to Disney the day after Thanksgiving! I understand the weather could be quite unpredictable in Florida, but is there chance of it being cold enough in the evening for sweatshirts? Trying not to bring a huge backpack into the parks, but there are 4 of us, and if I have to bring sweatshirts too that will be a lot of stuff to carry around! Lol! This is our first time going with the kids and not using a stroller!! Thanks for any info!

Very - Small - Chance
But weather in the south is unpredictable and is always better to have something available than not, especially if it should rain. Would definitely keep something light for the children.

Bring them, tie around waist... pretty simple... You can rent a locker for the day if you don't want to tie around your waist or back pack...

Check the projected weather a few days ahead and bring clothes for that weather. Worst case, Uniqlo for some sweatshirts.

Disclaimer: I’m Canadian, so if I think it’s cold, it’s cold.

We tend to stay early/mid November and twice we’ve needed extra layers including gloves and something’s to cover our nuggets. It can get quite chilly overnight and the add the Florida humidity to that chill - brrrrr.

I would also recommend a wind breaking nylon jacket. The wind is what did us in the last time we hit a cold snap in WDW.

I second the suggestion of a wind breaker type nylon jacket. They fold up tiny, and they are good for wind, rain, and humidity. Often in the colder Florida months that’s the only extra layer I need.

We visited 4 years ago, 1st week of Dec...days were gloriously beautiful, sunny, 70's, one day 80.:beach:..Nights were downright chilly...needed sweatshirt and gloves.. :scared1:Was amazing, the difference between the days and nights..Waiting in line for Candlelight Processional Package, we literally FROZE..had to go buy a blanket to wrap up in...was bitter at the CP show, but SO WORTH IT, CP and Osbourne Lights were BEST part of trip, wow!:santa:We brought a warm scarf to wrap around our necks at night, really helped!

Thankfully we are driving, so we will probably leave NJ in winter coats anyway, but I will be able to bring the necessities! I have heard such conflicting info on the weather at this time though. I guess maybe it depends on the person. I will definitely keep watch on the weather as it gets closer. Thanks for all the tips!

We were there in late August last summer and it was brutally hot. However, it rained in the evening and the temp dropped about 20 degrees in a matter of minutes. Instead of another poncho, I had packed my rain coat because it's a type that can be packed up small and zipped up into a pocket. I was happy I had it because it was cold after the rain and we were damp! I guess the moral of the story is that there is always potential for it to get cooler- even in August.

But, I hear you on trying to limit the amount of "stuff" you have to drag around the park all day. Instead of sweatshirts, maybe consider some UA lightweight cold gear? https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/tech-1-2-zip/pid1317592-565
It will keep you warm but won't be as bulky in your bags as packing a heavy sweatshirt.

same here. We go in the summer but it often rains and drops the temps. And then we go to a dinner reservation and the restaurant has the a/c blasting like it's still 90 degrees. Me and my daughter are always FREEZING then. I live in Texas so I always vote bringing something warm because I get cold inside easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter