Do hotels in London/Paris/Frankfurt have frig? Microwave?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
in the US, it is common for hotels to have a mini frig and microwave in the room. Is it common in England, France, Germany? TIA!

in the US, it is common for hotels to have a mini frig and microwave in the room. Is it common in England, France, Germany? TIA!
Can't really answer about England or Germany but the hotels I've stayed in in Paris didn't.

Hotels in those countries tend not to - they may have a mini bar in the room which can serve as a fridge but the majority now use an infra red system where if the items are moved you are charged for them so there is no room in them - they are also no where near as cold as a fridge.
Most hotels will have some form of ice machine

agree with @A Small World standard hotels in Europe dont generally have a fridge or a microwave. Some mid price and higher have a mini bar. This is a small fridge filled with soda, snacks and mini bottles of wine etc. These items are tagged, meaning that if you move them or remove them the charge is added to your room bill. Its not worth the hassle to do this. Hotel rooms in Europe tend to be smaller than hotel rooms in USA. For example I stayed in a Comfort Inn near Santa Monica. There was a fridge and a microwave coffee in the room, and the breakfast was included. I stayed in a Comfort Inn in London and there was no fridge and no microwave and breakfast was an extra charge and the room was alot smaller.

Thx! Do you know if the hotels had ice makers for guests to use?
No but most hotels would have a bar where you can ask for ice and they'll either give it to you there or have it sent to your room for you.

Thanks everyone for the information. We are talking about taking a trip and I keep thinking about the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!