Do As Dreamers Do PTR May 2018

I've never heard of Andy's. I 'll have to check it out sometime!

That Cobb salad looks so good! I haven't seen any celebrities but maybe we'll luck out and see some on our trip. Really I'm just excited to see Mickey. :D

YAS GO SEE INFINITY WAR! I'll most likely be seeing it a million times so maybe I'll meet you up for that lol I'd recommend seeing Black Panther before then btw, it's SOOOOO GOOD and you'll need to see it to understand Infinity War, probably. Ragnarok's cliffhanger ending though will be resolved so you gotta be there for that.

Omg wow, all those celebrity sightings in one trip? Back then, I would've died to see Selena Gomez (not so much today). Mitchell Musso was on Hannah Montana, he played one of Miley's best friends. The brother was someone else. I forget his name. But again, wow. I didn't even see nearly that many surprise celebrity sightings during my whole CP over a year ago.

I do have a few. I think my favorite was my last night in Epcot and I ran over to the American Adventure pavilion to get an American Dream (a red and blue slushy mixed with vanilla ice cream, so good) and turned around to see Jodi Benson meeting with guests. I wanted to meet her and get a photo but I left my phone back in Germany with my family. So mad. I never saw any while working, but one time apparently I had turned the other way and just missed Kourtney Kardashian & fam. There also was a day where Chris Evans was in the park and all my friends in Tomorrowland were on the hunt for him, no such luck (I would've fainted on the spot though if I saw Cap in person, seriously). I saw Neil Patrick Harris do the Candlelight Processional, which was cool (apparently I barely missed him when he was out in TLand with his family so another missed opportunity). I was in Disney during the Christmas filmings, which made for easy sightings in MK. I watched Sofia Carson and Cameron Boyce perform for the Descendants Holiday Special (if you stopped in the right place you probz can see my Christmas Mickey ears (that I had bought as a gift for my mom and sisters when they came down a week later)). I saw Julianne & Derek Hough during their little spots. I watched Kelly Clarkson warm up then perform "I'll Be Home For Christmas" on the Cinderella Castle stage. I got a glimpse of Alessia Cara about to perform in Hollywood Studios, but I wanted to ride RnRC so I scooted past.

So yeah, those are all mine. I agree with you on seeing any of 1D. I just watched Dunkirk and fell in love with Harry Styles again so I'd die for a hug from him or Zayn (Zayn's always been my fave). I've heard Brendon Urie (of Panic at the Disco) frequents Disneyland so that one would kill me. Omg if the fab five from Queer Eye showed up... my heart would be full. Same with most anybody from Drag Race (apparently Raven from season 2 is a frequent park goer, but that might just be WDW). I also have this dream of casually running into Lady Gaga, Julie Andrews or Kristin Chenoweth and just crying over them, but I'm going on a tangent now. I approve your list of who you'd want to meet. Maybe if I run into you in the parks, you'll bring me the luck to actually meet a celebrity for once in my life.

(Lol, this comment got long WOW. Oops. Sorry.)

I loved Thor, Deadpool and Antman. And Spiderman: Homecoming. But the last Avengers movie? I was more like...

giphy.gif

So we'll see about that one.
I love all your near-miss celebrity encounters! Thanks for sharing all your CP stories! I smiled all the way through them.

I've never heard of Andy's. I 'll have to check it out sometime!

That Cobb salad looks so good! I haven't seen any celebrities but maybe we'll luck out and see some on our trip. Really I'm just excited to see Mickey. :D

Oh, you have to try Andy's. It's amazing. I've had coworkers drive clear across town to get some for lunch. I can guarantee you'll get a chance to see Mickey! So much fun!

Chapter 10 I'm All About Self Care

People, we are entering the crazy stage of my life. Tonight is my daughter’s final performance in her annual choir/variety show. In addition to it being her senior year show, she’s also the stage manager. She has left within an hour of me getting home from work every night for rehearsals. I don’t cook for 2 people (I realize this might be a problem in the near future) so we’ve been living on frozen meals.

Hey, I got the organic, vegetarian kind.

Next week is parent teacher conferences, so this means in a span from Wednesday morning to Thursday night, I’ll work 24 out of 36 hours. And as much as I truly love having time to sit and talk to parents, I also will be holding six IEP conferences during that time. It’s emotionally and physically rough on me. Thank heavens I have Friday off.

We’ll have Saturday at home and Sunday we leave on Spring Break.

And I tell myself this is just the beginning of the countdown to our trip.

So... What have I been doing to plan for our trip this week?

Well, I’ve been reading some fun trip reports. This board is a treasure. I love nothing more than getting off work, slipping into my pj’s, pulling up this board on my laptop and seeing who has updated.

I did buy some Disney-ish necklaces to wear for conferences. If I'm going to work a 12 hour day, I want to be cute.

klund_necklace1.jpg
This one is going with a fuschia and orange striped dress. It's going to be perfect.

klund_necklace2.jpg
This one goes with a shorter red dress I'm wearing with black and white polka dot capri leggings.
And on the subject of taking care of myself... I got a haircut. I have not had a real salon haircut in so long I can’t remember the last time I made myself an appointment and had someone who really cared about style and quality cut my hair. 80% of the time, I walk into a Supercuts and tell them to go for it. The other 20% of the time, I got to a beauty school and let the students learn on my very thick, hard to mess up hair.

It's really a combo of not taking care of myself, being lazy (because my hair is truly so thick and grows so fast that even a bad cut will grow out in a few weeks), and my own anxiety of not having booked an appointment with an actual stylist in years -- so many I can't remember the last time I did -- and not even knowing how to do it.

Turns out I did it via text message. I had my youngest daughter's best friend's mom do it and I'm thrilled with the result.

klund_hair.jpg

Me before work one day on the left. Me today after the haircut on the right. And yes, the long part did flip sides. I had been flipping my hair over the top of my head to cover the short part, which I was trying to grow out. I gave up on that and went back with one side fairly short. Dan's not thrilled because he's heard me complain about growing it out for almost a year. But trust me, this cut and so much better than anything I've had in the last twenty years. Now I just hope I can recreate the "style" part at home.

I have an appointment for a trim a couple weeks before our trip. I so want to be cute at Disneyland.

Other self care things I'm doing related to the trip... walking. A lot. I get my 10K a day easily. Today I started trying to break in the new shoes I'm planning to wear. My feet are not thrilled with me at the moment, but it will be worth it. I'm guessing we're going to be walking a lot on the trip so I'm considering it both self care and trip prep.

And that's about it for this update. If you're a current trip report writer, I'm loving every minute of what you're writing. I'm trying to remember to comment, but some days are just rough. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Chapter 11 There Is Moonlight And Moss In The Trees

Last edited:
Chapter 10 I'm All About Self Care

People, we are entering the crazy stage of my life. Tonight is my daughter’s final performance in her annual choir/variety show. In addition to it being her senior year show, she’s also the stage manager. She has left within an hour of me getting home from work every night for rehearsals. I don’t cook for 2 people (I realize this might be a problem in the near future) so we’ve been living on frozen meals.

Hey, I got the organic, vegetarian kind.

Next week is parent teacher conferences, so this means in a span from Wednesday morning to Thursday night, I’ll work 24 out of 36 hours. And as much as I truly love having time to sit and talk to parents, I also will be holding six IEP conferences during that time. It’s emotionally and physically rough on me. Thank heavens I have Friday off.

We’ll have Saturday at home and Sunday we leave on Spring Break.

And I tell myself this is just the beginning of the countdown to our trip.

So... What have I been doing to plan for our trip this week?

Well, I’ve been reading some fun trip reports. This board is a treasure. I love nothing more than getting off work, slipping into my pj’s, pulling up this board on my laptop and seeing who has updated.

I did buy some Disney-ish necklaces to wear for conferences. If I'm going to work a 12 hour day, I want to be cute.

View attachment 308161
This one is going with a fuschia and orange striped dress. It's going to be perfect.

View attachment 308162
This one goes with a shorter red dress I'm wearing with black and white polka dot capri leggings.
And on the subject of taking care of myself... I got a haircut. I have not had a real salon haircut in so long I can’t remember the last time I made myself an appointment and had someone who really cared about style and quality cut my hair. 80% of the time, I walk into a Supercuts and tell them to go for it. The other 20% of the time, I got to a beauty school and let the students learn on my very thick, hard to mess up hair.

It's really a combo of not taking care of myself, being lazy (because my hair is truly so thick and grows so fast that even a bad cut will grow out in a few weeks), and my own anxiety of not having booked an appointment with an actual stylist in years -- so many I can't remember the last time I did -- and not even knowing how to do it.

Turns out I did it via text message. I had my youngest daughter's best friend's mom do it and I'm thrilled with the result.

View attachment 308163

Me before work one day on the left. Me today after the haircut on the right. And yes, the long part did flip sides. I had been flipping my hair over the top of my head to cover the short part, which I was trying to grow out. I gave up on that and went back with one side fairly short. Dan's not thrilled because he's heard me complain about growing it out for almost a year. But trust me, this cut and so much better than anything I've had in the last twenty years. Now I just hope I can recreate the "style" part at home.

I have an appointment for a trim a couple weeks before our trip. I so want to be cute at Disneyland.

Other self care things I'm doing related to the trip... walking. A lot. I get my 10K a day easily. Today I started trying to break in the new shoes I'm planning to wear. My feet are not thrilled with me at the moment, but it will be worth it. I'm guessing we're going to be walking a lot on the trip so I'm considering it both self care and trip prep.

And that's about it for this update. If you're a current trip report writer, I'm loving every minute of what you're writing. I'm trying to remember to comment, but some days are just rough. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

:love: Heart your hair so much!!

:love: Heart your hair so much!!

Thank you! I've finally figured out this week how to fix it. You know how the stylist takes all this time and shows you produces and all that stuff? Right in one ear and out the other. Figuring out how to style it with what I have at home is half the battle!

Chapter 11 There Is Moonlight And Moss In The Trees

Dear Reader, your author is exhausted. I had 2 twelve hour days this week and I did a lot of standing in flip flops (they matched my outfits) and not as much walking as I like to get in a day, and there’s just all kinds of drama at work and I’m done. My body hurts, I’m emotionally drained and I need a recharge.

Good thing it’s Spring Break, huh? We’re off to Branson for a week starting tomorrow.

And… this week I get to start making dining reservations!

First, a quick shot of my Disney inspired outfit this week…

selfie.jpg

Sorry, the only full length mirror I can use is in the restroom. At least you only see sinks, right? This red/black polka dot leggings outfit is going to Disneyland with me. How could it not?

Today my oldest son is down for the weekend and we’re going to go to the zoo for a few hours. The home to pack (it’s just Dan, Ches and I for Spring Break) and then hopefully I’ll sleep well and we can be on our way pretty early tomorrow.

Two minimally Disney related things I plan to do on Spring Break:

1. Visit the Disney outlet. The one at Tanger outlets sometimes have some gem items from Disneyland in the back right corner. Maybe we can get something fun and cheap.
  2. Maybe we’ll see Buckets N Boards. This is a comedy percussion show that we have been following for a very long time that about 10 years started performing on the Disney Cruise Line during the school year. The guys live in Branson and do shows over Spring Break and throughout the summer and then spent the rest of the time flying down to get on the Magic, Fantasy or Wonder and perform on the ships. We were some of the first supporters of their show in Branson and we love Matt and Gareth. Dan and Ches love them so much and know the show so well they start laughing before they even tell the jokes. Anyway, it’s a maybe for me, a definite for Dan and Ches, so we’ll see.
Hoping to visit with some friends, eat some good food and have some time to work on my Teachers Pay Teachers shop with a view of the golf course. Not that I play golf, but it’s a nice view. I have my phone calendar set up to alert me on the day I need to be making those reservations. More about those soon...

Last edited:

Your Minnie-inspired outfit is FAB - U - LOUS.

YrM.gif

Chapter 12 This Is The Greatest Show!

We are back from Spring Break. It was all right. Just all right. We stayed in a timeshare for free because my mom let my sister use hers last year so we got to use it this year. We had to exchange for Branson and I’m not a huge fan of where they put us. We did have 2 king size beds, but I could pretty much complain about everything else. I mean… if I’m staying a week in a condo, I sort of want a comfortable place to sit. Dan managed to rig together a comfortable spot by combining two arm chairs, but the sofa was not a place I’d want to sit for any length of time, the kitchen table was glass (who LIKES a glass table?) and thank heavens they had lots of pillows for the bed because I used them all to prop myself up and work on my laptop.

We saw two shows, did a lot of touristy things and did some shopping. There’s a Disney Outlet at Tanger Outlet Malls and we stopped in twice. First time we bought five ufufy toys. We got a free Easter basket. It was cardboard, but adorable. The next time we just bought Belle because we didn’t see her the day before and how can you have The Beast without Belle?

2018-03-21 10.48.03WEB.jpg

We did a bunch of shopping at Target (like, I know I have one where I live, but there’s something more fun about shopping there on vacation). Ches and I were crazy people at the tsum tsum display and managed to find a dozen or so we needed. And then I carried Heimlich around with me the rest of the trip because he is adorable.

2018-03-21 13.26.06WEB.jpg

And here they are watching the season premiere of Drag Race with me and Ches.

2018-03-22 19.41.38WEB.jpg

We had dinner on Thursday night with one of my best friends. "Best" is relative because I'm an introvert and when I'm working, I pretty much put all my energy into teaching and being professional and on the weekend, I hibernate and recharge. I actually make myself meet this friend every trip (she's local to Branson and shocker -- we met on a message board 10 years ago) so that I can say I put some effort into interpersonal relationships. Anyway, we met for dinner after she got off work and instead of waiting until our scheduled time, she texted me when she was off and on her way so we could meet early... so we could be done in time for me to get back to the condo and watch Drag Race. We sat down around 5 pm at Olive Garden and we left just before 7, making it to the condo while the entrances were still going. Almost made it. Anyway, I maybe had a couple of sangrias at OG and decided these particular Tsum Tsums really wanted to watch the show with me. Sometimes I amuse myself a little too much.​

I woke up early every morning because the bed was hard and I’m congested and wake up dying of snot suffocation. But on a couple of those mornings, I made reservations for dining during our trip. First up was our Fantasmic Dining Package. I went with River Belle Terrace because the menu sounds most like something we’d eat and while I’d really like to eat at Blue Bayou, the food sounds vaguely on the side of “I don’t think I’d put that in my mouth.” I’m just a little Kansas girl when it comes to food and a good sandwich is plenty for me.

Also made this week: reservations for Carnation Cafe one afternoon and the Surf’s Up! Breakfast for a late breakfast on our non-park day.

Funny story -- we’ve been talking about seeing a movie on our “off” day. Today we were listening to Dax Shepherd’s new podcast and he and Adam Soctt were talking about how it’s $20 to see a movie in LA. Cue Dan choking on his fritos he picked up at our only rest stop. I’ll have to investigate that so at least our budget is prepared for it if that’s what we choose to do.

And a totally unrelated note -- I saw The Greatest Showman this week. How have I not seen it multiple times and listened to the soundtrack constantly?!? The movie is amazing. I’m going to close with this image from artist Risa Rodil (she did a whole Greatest Showman series), which is everything I want to be…

Attachments

• 2018-03-21 07.16.37-1WEB.jpg
    2018-03-21 07.16.37-1WEB.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Eh, Spring Breaks are overrated is what I say to do that. My spring break is the last spring break I'll have as a college student and honestly nothing exciting has yet to happen during that time if I recall correctly. But omg I'm loving that you had to have your Tsum Tsums watch Drag Race with you! If only you knew what I went through to watch the premiere, I would've loved to have been surrounded by my 100+ Tsums (I also think I need that Heimlich one, especially since his ride is going to be closing soon :'()

Yay for starting to get all your reservations squared away! Totally makes me want to make my own or something for when I arrive lol Except I broke haha *sad face*

I still haven't seen Greatest Showman and I feel like I need to see it. Part of me doesn't want to see it because historical inaccuracies and PT Barnum is an awful person but ZENDAYA, ZEFRON, KEALA, HUGH, AAAAAHHHH I'm glad you enjoyed it though. One day I'll get around to it. One day.

Eh, Spring Breaks are overrated is what I say to do that. But omg I'm loving that you had to have your Tsum Tsums watch Drag Race with you! If only you knew what I went through to watch the premiere, I would've loved to have been surrounded by my 100+ Tsums (I also think I need that Heimlich one, especially since his ride is going to be closing soon :'()

I still haven't seen Greatest Showman and I feel like I need to see it. Part of me doesn't want to see it because historical inaccuracies and PT Barnum is an awful person but ZENDAYA, ZEFRON, KEALA, HUGH, AAAAAHHHH I'm glad you enjoyed it though. One day I'll get around to it. One day.

From a teacher's point of view... my blah Spring Break wasn't worth the pain of coming back to school today and dealing with all my kids who need structure and routine and haven't had any for almost two weeks. It was a rougher-than-usual Monday.

Watching Drag Race with Tsums is the way to go.

Here's what I think about Greatest Showman... it was very romance novelized. I read a lot and sometimes I'll read a trashy romance and think "that was just too easy." That's how I felt about the movie. It was very glossy and surface level. It was an excellent story and the music is ah-maze-ing. I cannot get the songs out of my head and I will watch performances on YouTube and cry my heart out. [Side note -- I love Pasek and Paul, the composers. Dear Evan Hansen has been my jam since before it even opened on Broadway. And I still think "This Is Me" beats any DEH song.] I walked out of the movie already on my phone so I could Wikipedia the true story of PT Barnum and of course it's problematic and no where near the story told in the movie. I can still enjoy the movie for the story it told and I can still have the songs in my head all day long, and that's a good movie experience to me.

In other news, I was really hoping World of Color would come back up from down time on May 25, but I've been checking all day for any kind of viewing package and nothing. I am so sad. I just wanted the chance to see it. Would have saved this nasty Monday, too.

Chapter 13 I Am Not A Stranger To The Dark

Thank you to anyone reading this. I have had a difficult week at work and I need to escape into some Disney dreaming.

In case I haven’t mentioned, I’m a solid introvert, with an extra dose of overthinking and a side of anxiety. I’m also pretty confident with who I am. I accept that some things make me anxious and I find ways to either conquer it or avoid it.

introvert-gif-10.gif

Except, you know, when I color my hair purple and wear clothes that make me *feel it* and then I'm OK with showing myself off.​

For example, driving in traffic makes my anxiety skyrocket (and to be fair, I did have a semi drive into me while waiting at a stop sign… looked in my rearview and it was all semi) so I take a street level, longer route to work. It takes me longer, but it is better for my mental health. I’m not ashamed of that.

So knowing that about me, I felt like I needed to write the next little bit because sometimes writing down my anxieties helps me work through them.

I’m totally freaking about using Uber/Lyft in California. [Side note -- I was planning to use Lyft because I’ve just heard better things about that service, but then we got a 50% off coupon via Verizon for Uber, so we’ll probably use that at least once.] We have those things here in little ole Kansas, but I haven’t ever needed to use them. Thinking about using it for the first time in big, bad California sort of makes me want to have a panic attack.

We’re going to use it to get from the airport to our hotel and back again on our trip. I think it will likely be the fastest way from the airport to our hotel. It makes sense on so many levels, but...

I know it’s safe. I get that they tell you who your driver is and what car he/she is driving and all that stuff. I’ve read all about it and understand how it works. I’m going to screenshot that information and send it to my adult kids back in Kansas because Stay Sexy and Don’t Get Murdered.

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

Doesn’t mean I don’t feel my heart race when I think about the whole big idea.

Can I sit in the passenger seat? I mean… the driver probably wouldn’t want me to sit in the backseat. Motion sickness. Not exactly the way I want to start our vacation, or introduce myself to the concept of ridesharing.

sick harry potter GIF-downsized.gif

Anyway, that’s the plan for now. We will either have one of our adult children take us to the airport here or just bite the bullet and pay for parking in the economy lot at our airport. [Side note -- my husband REALLY doesn’t like anyone to drive but him -- he has his own issues -- so either he’ll have to suck that up and let one of our children drive him, which never went really well when they were learning, or he’d drive and have to let them drive our unfamiliar vehicle home. So letsbehonest. We’re going to park in economy parking.] We’ll fly to Phoenix, change planes (please join me in the ritual crossing of the fingers and toes that we have no problems with the connecting flight), land at Orange County, sing a Miley Cyrus song, use our coupon to get a ride to our hotel.

I’ll probably spring for the slightly bigger Uber in order to make sure we have room for the 3 of us and our bags. Does that sound right? Gosh, this Uber/Lyft thing makes me so nervous.

So at some point we’ll check in. And then I’ve got nothing planned. On purpose. I would LOVELOVELOVE to go to Earl of Sandwich for dinner. I love a good sandwich and that place is like the mecca of all sandwich places, but I don’t know how much I’ll feel like walking all the way over there. I’ve kind of got the idea that maybe we could go over to Garden Walk and eat there. I dunno. I figure if I survive the anxiety of a day of flying and then tackling Uber, I should get to reward myself with something either adult beverage-y and/or super fattening.

wine cooler sangria GIF-downsized.gif

Is there any better adult beverage than sangria? Fruit + alcohol = adult fun.

Just watch. We’ll end up missing our connecting flight, renting a car in Phoenix, driving through to Anaheim and eating at McDonalds when we finally check in.

First, do not let it be said I don’t have a back up plan. Always. I would so rock The Amazing Race if I didn’t have to compete in partnership with my husband, who I would probably murder. Second, I make back up plans as prevention for anything going wrong. Like… if I’ve planned for any possibility, then nothing is going to go wrong. Do y’all do that? No? Only me? I’m OK with that. I’m not superstitious. I’m a little stitious.

Last edited:
Chapter Fourteen I’m Not Scared To Be Seen

So… we went on Spring Break a few weeks ago. I treated it like a trial run for California. From the packing using packing cubes and trying (and failing) to fit everything into a carryon size bag to the wardrobe I packed, I was seeing what worked and didn’t.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

The packing cubes worked. They are amazing. I fit so much clothing into them. Our new carryon size luggage fits one large and two of the medium cubes. I bought these from Amazon and they’re Amazon Basics brand. I will never not pack using cubes.

FLATpackingcubes.jpg

My biggest issue was packing to come home because I had no patience for rerolling our clothing and reusing the cubes when I knew there was a big trash bag under the sink and I could throw everything in there. Which is sort of what I did. Came home and put it all right in the washer. I won’t have that luxury at Disneyland because somehow I think Southwest would probably frown on me trying to pass off a garbage bag as luggage.

Because it was fairly cold -- mid-March in Missouri -- we had to take jeans for everyone, which meant our suitcases got full fast. We ended up each taking the equivalent of a Vera Bradley weekend bag as well as our suitcases. Still, in my carryon and the weekender, I managed to fit 2 pairs of shoes, a hoodie, 7 or 8 shirts, at least 6 pairs of jeans/jeggings, 2 cardigans and underthings. I consider that a win.

I don’t think we’ll have the same issues when going to CA because we shouldn’t need jeans. Dan will take all shorts (he wears shorts long before I consider it shorts weather), Ches will likely take mostly shorts, and me…

As I said, this was my trial run. About a year ago, I discovered a brand of clothing called Agnes & Dora. It’s like Lularoe, but better. They have awesome tunics that cover my (no padding needed) body and look good on me, and most importantly, make me feel good about how I look. I had every intention of wearing an assortment of tunics and dresses with capri length leggings on our Disney trip.

FLAT2017-04-15 13.04.47-3.jpg

That's an A&D top. I sold it because... too much clothes. But I love the amount of fabric; I'm never pulling down my top.​

But then… I was so uncomfortable running around doing daily stuff in that type of outfit over Spring Break. I don’t really understand how clothes that feel so comfy and fun at work made me not feel good in Branson, but that’s what happened. I was just dying to change into a t-shirt and jeans. I think it’s partially the quality of the clothes, which felt too luxe for grabbing ice cream and shopping, and partially that they are really made with a lot of material and it was a lot to deal with in wind, or sitting down in a booth in a restaurant, or just moving my body around a lot. It was just awkward in a way I didn’t expect.

So I came home and decided to forget the tunics and dresses. I still think I’m going with a dress and capri leggings on the plane, but I think I will be most comfortable in the parks in a big t-shirt (I tend to buy 2XL so the shirt covers my rear) and those same capri leggings. I am normally not a t-shirt and leggings type of person unless I’m sitting at home (it feels a little sloppy to me), but it’s what’s going to make me the most comfortable. I may take a pair or two of denim shorts. But t-shirts is going to be where I’m comfortable. I have plenty of Disney themed shirts from Etsy shops (seriously, I do) and I think that more than looking good (which I still will) I want to be comfortable in what I’m wearing.

I’m determined to wear what makes me happy on this trip. I have made some horrifically bad fashion choices on our last few trips...

FLAT36585050062.jpg

I had that top if every color. At the time, I thought I was adorable. Now I'm all... how could I think sleeveless was adorable?

FLATdisneyphotoimage41.jpg
And this was my days of t-shirt and knit capris. I don't know what I was thinking, but at least Ches & I look cute together.
and I am going to instagram this trip to death and I don’t want to look back and cringe. I want to be proud and happy and ready to have a good time.

FLAT2018-04-04 14.14.41-1.jpg
This is one of my newer t-shirts. It's freaking adorable. I mean... how can I avoid adorableness wearing this?​
And who doesn’t love a good t-shirt?

Last edited:
I’ve been following along on your PTR, and just wanted to mention that yes, you can sit up front while taking a Lyft. My husband just did that several times on our recent trip. We’ve used Lyft and
Uber in many cities. We have always felt safe with the drivers, and have had positive experiences.

Love the shirt! Too cute.

I started using packing cubes a couple of years ago and love how much I can roll and fit into them. I do hate packing everything back up when it's time to go though. :crazy2:

I know what you mean about taking comfort seriously at the parks. For my 30th birthday two years ago I wanted to be super cute and wear my disney dresses and "comfortable" flats. Everytime I went on an attraction I had to keep pulling my dress down to make sure I wasn't giving anyone a peep show. :eek:

By the first evening there my feet were on fire. I ended up changing into my jeggings, a t-shirt, and my broken in converse -- I was so much happier and more comfortable. So defintiely wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable! And you're right.. you can never go wrong with a super cute t-shirt!

I've been so quiet about how I feel about Uber. I've used it many times with groups of friends just to go out or get home or whatever, but I still feel very very weird about using it myself. I know most drivers are fabulous and super nice, but like... SOCIAL ANXIETY TRIGGGGERRRRREEEEEDDDDD.

Lol @ the "no padding needed" comment. I feel I have WAYYY too much influence on the vernacular of this PTR hahaha And that shirt is SOOOO CUTE! You're definitely gonna have to track down Belle wearing that, she'd freak.

I know what you mean about taking comfort seriously at the parks. For my 30th birthday two years ago I wanted to be super cute and wear my disney dresses and "comfortable" flats. Everytime I went on an attraction I had to keep pulling my dress down to make sure I wasn't giving anyone a peep show. :eek:

By the first evening there my feet were on fire. I ended up changing into my jeggings, a t-shirt, and my broken in converse -- I was so much happier and more comfortable. So defintiely wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable! And you're right.. you can never go wrong with a super cute t-shirt!

I love to look nice when I go to the parks too. I wear skorts from White Sierra. They look like a skirt but have shorts ( loose fitting) underneath so getting in and out of ride vehicles or sitting on the ground for the parade I'm not flashing anyone. They are made of hiking pants material they are light for hot days and dry quick- which is great for getting drenched on the water rides. I wear them to work and get compliments all the time - people don't know they have shorts on underneath until I tell them. Bonus is they come in Plus sizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!