DL newby needs advice 12/16-23

dsanner106

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I have been to DW a few times, but am bringing the family to Disneyland for the first time Dec 16-23rd. I really need planning advice. I plan 3-4 days at DL and CA. I am thinking of Hollywood for a day, Magic Mountain possibly or Knottsberry Farm. If time allows, perhaps san diego. How will the crowds be during this week? should I hit the park the first few days or will that matter? Advice on tours of Hollywood?? Will MM or Knotsberry farms be closed? Any tips at all are welcome.

thanks
Drew in Ga

dsanner106 said:
I have been to DW a few times, but am bringing the family to Disneyland for the first time Dec 16-23rd. I really need planning advice. I plan 3-4 days at DL and CA. I am thinking of Hollywood for a day, Magic Mountain possibly or Knottsberry Farm. If time allows, perhaps san diego. How will the crowds be during this week? should I hit the park the first few days or will that matter? Advice on tours of Hollywood?? Will MM or Knotsberry farms be closed? Any tips at all are welcome.

thanks
Drew in Ga

When DL increases the hours - they expect crowds - use that as your guide.

SD is a 1.5 hour drive from Anaheim with no traffic. Magic Mtn is about 2.5 hour drive. Knotts is near by. Hollywood is about an hour drive. All depends on traffic, construction, filming, weather, etc. Right now the 105 is closed off and on for filming.

The earlier the better for going to DL as the closer to Christmas, the more crowded..

I'd do knotts over MM as the drive time is one way for MM.
And it is big rides and kind of gone down hill. Knotts can be decorated quite cool and the food is a bit better. (not much!)

Look up Hydro Guy's thread for info on first timer WDW vets like you. Almost everything you'd need to know is packed in it. :goodvibes Also traffic from Anaheim to San Diego can be terrible too. It just depends on the hour. But if you have never been there, then I'd do that. Another beach that is real close and alot of fun is Huntington Beach. Lots of surfers, volleyball, people watching on the Strand(miles of concrete boardwalk) and fire pits to roast s'mores. If you like alot of thrill rides, then MM is for you. Knott's Berry farm is more themed and way closer to DL. We'll also be at DL at the same time. :cheer2: We like using RideMax.com to help plan our days at DLR. You might look it up. It has worked great in the past for us. Have fun planning. :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter