Disunplugged Junior

Alicenwonderment

DIS Veteran
I have a new idea for a new Disunplugged show. We could have a show geared to children ages 5-12. Maybe once a month and have the kids recommend rides etc. I came up with this idea because my 7 year old nephew loves talking Disney Parks. (He has only been to MK one day yet read the children's tour book and can tell you all the details.) I was thinking that he is too young to watch the Disunplugged podcast but would love something that takes him around the park through kids eyes. I started thinking about the ages of the podcaster's kids and Ferris and Finley came to mind. (I did think of Stella although she is older.) It is strange that the Dis doesn't have many on the podcast that have children in that age range. (Hurry up Craig Lol.) What do you think?

I believe it was on the Universal show that they would sometimes have Julie on and specifically say how the kids liked certain rides

This also got more coverage when JL was on the show as she would have similar comments about rides - and I think there were even some vlogs with her and her kids

I know they are looking for video contributors and I had asked Craig if they could accept kids doing videos and he said they could - so perhaps that is a way they could get some content like you are looking for (or even have your son submit some!)

I couldn't disagree more. Kids are happy to be there. They could care less about where they eat, stay etc.

I am using my children as an example. 7 & 3. My daughter wants to stay at the grand Floridian...why...cause it's my fav. Kid point of views are fine but all they are reiterating is what their parents say.

Teachers do the same exercise when asking their students who they would vote for. The kids say what their parents talk about at home.

Podcast focused on teenagers....sure.....toddlers... no.

I like the idea. A wide range of ages from 5-17 would be ideal. Kids actually do share their honest thoughts with other kids. My niece refused to go on a ride at Disney when she was six. It seemed scary to her. Then she chatted with a kid near her age on the Disney bus and she did a 180 and began begging us to ride it. Once a month or once every six to eight weeks would be a lovely touch. It might bring back some magic for us adults to see the Disney perspective from younger eyes again.

I loved when Kathy's grandchildren talked about the Legoland day on the Dreams podcast. I probably wouldn't be interested in a whole podcast from kids, but short vlogs like that would be very cute.

I love the idea! Maybe you could submit your little ones for vlogger and make kid videos to submit for them? I know there were looking for video submissions and that would be a side that wouldn't makw sense to have on staff 100% of the time but pay as accepted would make since.

I couldn't disagree more. Kids are happy to be there. They could care less about where they eat, stay etc.

I am using my children as an example. 7 & 3. My daughter wants to stay at the grand Floridian...why...cause it's my fav. Kid point of views are fine but all they are reiterating is what their parents say.

Teachers do the same exercise when asking their students who they would vote for. The kids say what their parents talk about at home.

Podcast focused on teenagers....sure.....toddlers... no.

That's true to a point but I know my nephew definitely had opinions that were not the same as his parents. Like he said he liked Art of Animation better than Swan and Dolphin because they stayed in a "cool" car room. He didn't like 1900 Park Faire because face characters were scary but he loved the crystal palace because they were furry characters.

my 7 year old loves to watch disney vlogs on youtube with me. aside from the DIS, adam hattan is our favorite, followed by Michael Kay, and Tim Tracker! He wants to make vlogs on our next trip. He actually wants to be a youtuber.

Well some kids do care. I bought the kid's review guide before his first trip and he wouldn't stop reading it and telling his clueless mom that she needed to make fast pass selections. His mom is more of those people that doesn't plan. After hearing about his trip I told him next time I take him and I will reserve fast pass etc. I think I owe him that since I've given him the Disney bug very early in life. All his presents came from the Disney Store. I always make sure they get a copy of the lasted Disney Movie. I have also told him about volunteering at Give Kids the World. We have their Candyland Game so he wants to go there too.
I would suggest the Vlogs! My 8 year old loves Craig and Kylie videos!!
I will let him listen to some of the Vlogs. I'm sure he will like it.

I guess my kids are losers since they aren't thinking about the less fortunate. THATS MY JOB! I don't need my children worry about that. I want them to have fun and live. I'll donate as I do in their names. I want them INNoCENT. The world will get to them in due time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!