Distance from Disneyland to Universal Studios?

DisneyBiskit

Mouseketeer
How long would it take to get to Universal Studios from the hotels near Disneyland? Is it worth it to deal with the traffic? Just curious. Thanks!

Around 40 minutes on average. Well worth it. ;)

I am a country boy who is not use to driving in LA type traffic :scared1:

What time of the morning is the best to drive there? What about the drive back to DLR?

Traffic can significantly increase your drive time. If you are going on the weekend, you may still hit traffic but it will be less of an issue. You can drive there and back whenever you'd like.

On weekdays, you will definitely be affected by rush hour traffic -- especially if you are trying to get to Universal by opening time. I would allow an extra 45 minutes (on average) in the morning. If you don't mind going a bit later, traffic can get better if you depart after 9:30am from Anaheim.

Coming back from USH to Anaheim, I would depart no earlier than 7:30pm. Even during the off-season, Citywalk is open late so it's not a bad idea to catch dinner and wander the complex until traffic gets better.

It's definitely worth making the trip to see Universal. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter