Disneyworld wedding without reception?

Jess D

Earning My Ears
Hiya,
I'm not anywhere near being able to book a Disney wedding yet but obviously have been having a look into options.
Originally I thought we could do the cheapest package for upto 18 guests and just the ceremony at the wedding pavilion, but I think the guest count may be more than that but not by a huge amount.
So then I looked at the next option up buy it seems I can't do it without a reception. This is a bummer as mine and my partner's parents are divorced and I have anxiety, so as you can imagine I'll be more panicking that they'll behave on the day spending longer time together, than I will worrying about myself.
I just wanted to know if anyone has done (or knows if I can do) the ceremony with more guests but no reception.
Thanks,
An already panicky future Disney bride

I don't think you can do a Wishes package without the reception...I know you can have the ceremony elsewhere and then come back for the reception (that's what we are doing) I am sure they will behave themselves, and perhaps your fiance could speak to them beforehand?

I was in the same boat as you when I first started planning. Unfortunately, you cannot have a Wishes wedding without having a reception through DFTW. The way we are getting around this is by having an outdoor ceremony space so we can have "onlookers" stand in the public area behind the gazebo viewing the wedding, and then we are having our separate reception at the Swan and Dolphin where all the guests are invited and can attend the reception. That may not work for you if you're WP but maybe if you're willing to have Seabreeze or YCG then something similar could work for you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!