Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We got back from our 10 day stay at BC a few weeks ago now and loved every minute of it. So much so we are about to book it again for next year, same time, same place.

The character breakfasts were amazing and our 4 year old daughter was treated like a princess the whole time.

Next years visit includes the Dining Plan and I was wondering if there’s a list of the restaurants which take this and what category they fall in to?.

Just a quick heads up about the room we stayed in........

Room 1556, ground floor and not too far away from the main reception.

This is a garden view with a small seating area outside a set of sliding doors.

All looks lovely but there were a couple of niggles.......

House keeping would park there linen carts outside the seating area most of the morning as this room was close to the main linen return room and to add the room right next to us housed the ice machine so every now and then you’d hear the ice machine being used or self filling.

This didn’t spoil our holiday in any way as we were very early risers and didn’t get back to our room until after 10:00.

Just thought I’d mention this if you’re a light sleeper and wanted to take advantage of a relaxing early morning coffee in the comforts of the outside seating area to your room.

All in all, for our first “All Disney” holiday it was brilliant, we managed to do all the things we wanted to do and more and with BC being so central it was nice to be able to go to MK for the morning, call in at HS and finish the day off at Epcot.

If anyone could point me in the direction to find the Dining Plan question mentioned above it would be greatly appreciated.

We are already looking forward to our trip next year.

Page 1224-1225

Believe it or not I never took a picture from the balcony, but when I was texted the room # I looked it up on touring plans and took a screen shot. This is accurate.

Thanks for providing the view picture!

:thumbsup2

Got back late Saturday evening from BCV--great stay despite the weather. We had four lovely afternoons of sunshine and pool time, just had to dodge a brief shower one of those four days. Passed quickly and we were rewarded with a wonderful rest of the afternoon.

We were in 239, didn't meet a single one of our three "requests": first floor, close to main building or pool view. Shocking, I know. Not a horrible location (we were all the way at the end of this particular hall last spring and that was worse. This room is on the smallish side compared to prior stays--the entryway was barely large enough to hold a suitcase on the luggage rack where in the past we have had a larger entryway with mirror and hooks--none in this room. The bathroom also seemed a bit smaller, but that could be perception. This room is the first room down the hallway and is a woods view with a smaller balcony. It is next to the linen and mousekeeping service rooms, so it was quiet and no connecting door!

Here are a few of the photos I took--don't mind the cutie in the pictures, she wanted to be the model of the day :rotfl2::

Thank you so much for the description of the room and for all your efforts to post the pictures!

May I add them to the BCV room view/description thread? Do you want me to include the picture of your DD or do you prefer I leave that one out?

::yes::

We've finally returned home. It may be a bit cloudy and rainy but you cant keep me away from this:
View attachment 323986
I asked the bar tender what drink was the closest to a sunken treasure and he said he could make me one! Whoop. A few people started to ask what it was. Maybe we should have a code word! Lol. X

:woohoo:

Hi, everyone.

We arrive in Disney in 28 days and are booked at POR. DH and I just decided to try to switch the last three nights of our stay to the BC. I contacted my TA and, unfortunately, there is no availability at the BC but there is at the YC. Please tell me I’ll like it there as much as the BC. Also, only garden view is available. Are the garden view rooms on the front side of the resort, the backside, or both? If possible, we’d like to be near the gazebo. Are there garden view rooms in that area? Also, do all rooms have daybeds and balconies at the YC?

TIA!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Page 1226-1227

Hey everyone! So my wife and I finally got our dvc rental request to go through to stay at the Beach Club Villas! We are so excited! Our first trip ever to WDW was for our honeymoon a couple of years ago and we stayed at the Yacht Club. We absolutely loved it. The best thing about it all was the location to Epcot which ended up being our favorite park. We loved being able to just walk into Epcot. Unfortunately we found the price to stay in that area a bit out of our price range. Since it was our honeymoon we splurged and had a little help but we were disappointed that we may not able to stay there again. For our second trip we tried a cheaper resort but found ourselves really missing the convenience of the location to Epcot. After that trip we decided we wanted to look into renting dvc points. We were able to secure a reservation for the Beach Club Villas at a price comparable to what we would pay at moderate resort. It's a little bit more expensive than a moderate but no where near what the price would be if we booked a Beach Club room like normal.

I know I'm just rambling now but I'm so excited that we get to stay in this area again!

:welcome: back!!!

When is your return trip?

As far as I can tell from previous posts and some of the other comments and pics, the potential cabana spot is right below where our room was at YC this past weekend. It's the end of SAB towards the YC, where all the chairs are by the zero-entry section. I've (hopefully) attached a pic of the section, taken from our balcony.

Just back from YC. Quick weekend trip, rained almost all weekend but still had fun.

YC Room 3207 - king bed with daybed, shower only, full balcony (Water view room, received as an upgrade from Standard)
Pretty much right over the SAB end of Ale & Compass, overlooking SAB and a bit of lake
Not too far from elevators, but nearby stairs led down to the SAB entrance just around the corner from A&C.
(I've sent view pics to Dee, since I keep getting error messages when I try to post them. EDIT - think I've got them added, at least a smaller version)

Random thoughts... I loved the hardwood floors, all the storage and power outlets, the bathroom layout (especially the sliding door to the sink area) and the Keurig. I did not like the fact that the bed creaked badly every time you moved or got in/out, and I wasn't a fan of the colour scheme. (The dark woods are nice and the colour scheme is very well executed, but it's just not my preference.) It's an 8-10 minute walk from the YC lobby to the IG, so about 3-5 minutes further than BC. However, I think it's easier to get into SAB from the YC side. BC Marketplace is a better store than the Market at Ale & Compass, but MAC has better hot food selections, I think. The YC lobby does not smell or look as nice as BC, but maybe that's just my preferences too. I did not see any dogs at the hotel, but saw a few in the parks. We slept in one morning and used the room occupied sign, but did not have any security or mousekeeping checks during that morning. All the mousekeeping was done when we were out of the room, presumably in the afternoons.

Overall, I'm of mixed emotions. I think I like BC better overall, but the things I liked about the YC rooms were really big pluses, if that makes any sense. I think BC will still be our first choice, but I'd definitely stay at YC again if needed.

Thank you so much for the room description and pictures!

:thumbsup2

We are officially booked at the YC for June 25th-June 28th. We are BC lovers, but nothing was available at the BC so we are giving the YC a try. We are really looking forward it! We will be starting our trip at POR on June 18th and had planned on staying there for our entire stay, but we just love the Epcot resort area and could not stay away. My boys are happy to be able to swim at SAB again.

Dee, can you please add us to the guest list? Thanks!

Will do!

:dogdance:

Can you give any details about it? We have always wondered why this wasn't something that Disney had for people to do! We love this activity and am hoping to do it when we go in June but there are very little details about it such as do they fire it? How long does it take, etc.!

:welcome: to the thread!

Which resort will you be staying at in June?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool2:

After upgrading to Boardwalk for our first true deluxe stay, I got a great deal at the Yacht Club. We are so excited to be there July 28- Aug 2. Yacht Club and Beach Club are my dream resorts! Cannot wait!

:welcome: to the forum!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Welp, check in to the Beach Club tomorrow.... Looking like the weather is not going to be good, matter to fact it looking wet... Really WET!!! I know its FL and it rains, I visit at least every other month but really worried about the weather this weekend. Trying to monitor it, but every station is staying something different. I hate inconsistency! LOL Guess I just needed to vent! :-)

Hope your trip is fantastic (and mostly dry!!!)

:sunny:

We got back from our 10 day stay at BC a few weeks ago now and loved every minute of it. So much so we are about to book it again for next year, same time, same place.

The character breakfasts were amazing and our 4 year old daughter was treated like a princess the whole time.

Next years visit includes the Dining Plan and I was wondering if there’s a list of the restaurants which take this and what category they fall in to?.

Just a quick heads up about the room we stayed in........

Room 1556, ground floor and not too far away from the main reception.

This is a garden view with a small seating area outside a set of sliding doors.

All looks lovely but there were a couple of niggles.......

House keeping would park there linen carts outside the seating area most of the morning as this room was close to the main linen return room and to add the room right next to us housed the ice machine so every now and then you’d hear the ice machine being used or self filling.

This didn’t spoil our holiday in any way as we were very early risers and didn’t get back to our room until after 10:00.

Just thought I’d mention this if you’re a light sleeper and wanted to take advantage of a relaxing early morning coffee in the comforts of the outside seating area to your room.

All in all, for our first “All Disney” holiday it was brilliant, we managed to do all the things we wanted to do and more and with BC being so central it was nice to be able to go to MK for the morning, call in at HS and finish the day off at Epcot.

If anyone could point me in the direction to find the Dining Plan question mentioned above it would be greatly appreciated.

We are already looking forward to our trip next year.

Thank you for the review and description of your room.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the trip. Let us know when you book your return trip.

Page 1224-1225

Thank you so much for the description of the room and for all your efforts to post the pictures!

May I add them to the BCV room view/description thread? Do you want me to include the picture of your DD or do you prefer I leave that one out?

::yes::

Feel free Dee--I haven't had time this week to resize the "view" pictures and our DD would be fine being "immortalized". :rotfl2: As I said in my post, I have never had a problem dropping my photos before, but those view pictures are giving me fits.

Don't you love a fire alarm at 230am!!!

Don't know what happened but it was a scramble down the stairs and the noise in the room was too much for my little one luckily we had her headphones to hand to shove on. It was quite an experience!

We were all back in our rooms 1 hour later.

We exited the fire escape but there was no path and had to walk through the bushes which had the sprinklers on!!

Don't know what happened but it was a scramble down the stairs and the noise in the room was too much for my little one luckily we had her headphones to hand to shove on. It was quite an experience!

We exited the fire escape but there was no path and had to walk through the bushes which had the sprinklers on!!
Ugh! That really stinks!

We were there too. We actually just ended up leaving at 3:00AM since it was our last night anyway. Not fun. Wish we knew what happened. Looked like lots of people didn’t have their Magic Bands to get back into the room.

I know numerous people were told they have pushed back the construction on the cabanas, but is that official? My husband wants to switch if there is the construction.

We are going late August.

Thanks!

I know numerous people were told they have pushed back the construction on the cabanas, but is that official? My husband wants to switch if there is the construction.

We are going late August.

Thanks!

We weren't being told the construction has been pushed back, however DSS replied to our worries that no construction was planned currently for our trip (Aug 18-31)

We weren't being told the construction has been pushed back, however DSS replied to our worries that no construction was planned currently for our trip (Aug 18-31)

Thank you we are there at the same time. I forgot to ask them. We are cl too. :)

Just back from our 4 night stay at YC CL. I think we are now YC converts. BC will always be at the top of our favorite resorts but we found so much to love. We were sprinkled with some pixie dust and were moved from a GV CL room to a LV CL room. We were in room 5175. Looked out over the back entrance towards the lighthouse. Great view. Loved the renovations. Such a nice closet/shelf area. Room had a shower/tub, 2 queens, a day bed and connected to 5173 . We were just a few rooms away from the lounge. Room was quiet. We had wonderful CMs while there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Overheard some management in the lounge discussing how to do things better, so it seems that they are actively working to make the CL even better-things for flow around the food and the kids area, etc. Only saw 2 dogs in the lobby during our stay. No other sightings and never heard any barking. Got some paninis in the Marketplace that were good. Overall one of our best resort stays at WDW.

Just back from our 4 night stay at YC CL. I think we are now YC converts. BC will always be at the top of our favorite resorts but we found so much to love. We were sprinkled with some pixie dust and were moved from a GV CL room to a LV CL room. We were in room 5175. Looked out over the back entrance towards the lighthouse. Great view. Loved the renovations. Such a nice closet/shelf area. Room had a shower/tub, 2 queens, a day bed and connected to 5173 . We were just a few rooms away from the lounge. Room was quiet. We had wonderful CMs while there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Overheard some management in the lounge discussing how to do things better, so it seems that they are actively working to make the CL even better-things for flow around the food and the kids area, etc. Only saw 2 dogs in the lobby during our stay. No other sightings and never heard any barking. Got some paninis in the Marketplace that were good. Overall one of our best resort stays at WDW.

I’m glad you had a great time.

We adore the BC, but due to no availability for our dates this summer, we are booked at the YC. I got to say, the more I read about the YC and the more videos I watch on YouTube, the more excited I get to stay there. We maybe YC converts, too, lol.

Thank you we are there at the same time. I forgot to ask them. We are cl too. :)

I would suggest you send them an email as well, just in case things change. I will not expect no construction work to take place until I am able to enjoy a cocktail on my balcony and witness no construction is actually taking place!

We have been in 5175 a few times, including just last month. It is a great room! My favorite view on property. Glad you enjoyed your trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter