Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

For those who have stayed at both YC & BC which resort do you prefer and why?

I like the proximity to Epcot with the beach club location but I think I prefer the newly refurbished look of the yacht club rooms with the hard flooring, extra storage/huge cabinet space, and Keurig coffee machines.

Why do you prefer either BC or YC?
We love both, but prefer YC. Based on: full balcony, first stop for bus, location (we walk to Studios often), quieter lobby, and we really like the refurbed room. While the halls are long, if you pop out through a stairwell toward the boardwalk surface (not the resort per se) you’re walk to Epcot isn’t significantly different than from many places at BC. And it’s a beautiful walk by Storm-Along Bay and the lake.

60 days for resort guests at this time.

I don't remembering it being anything other than 60 days, but I could be wrong.

Was dining once 90 days for resort guests? The memory banks are very foggy...

:sad2:

I see you feel my pain :thumbsup2, I must have gotten confused o_O really confused :confused3:confused3:confused3 lol....

Remind me the address I use for grocery delivery to Yacht Club? I used:
1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Based on a planning site, but when I look at it on maps it is NOT the Yacht Club building.

Remind me the address I use for grocery delivery to Yacht Club? I used:
1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Based on a planning site, but when I look at it on maps it is NOT the Yacht Club building.

That's the one I've always used.

I'm slowly making my way through the resorts. The Yacht Club will be number 13. I've done online checkin but can't remember when I get to add a room request. I had expected it to be part of online checkin, but it wasn't. My only request is a high floor and it won't make or break my vacation if I don't get it, but wondering when room requests are made.

I have stayed at both, But BC was before their refurb. I love YC and I am having a hard time going back to BC. Debating for our next trip, but thinking it will be YC again.

Does anyone know if Beach or yacht lounges or pool bar has a T.V. that would be playing the super bowl?

I don’t remember a tv in Crews Cup Lounge when we were there a couple years ago. What about walking over to ESPN Club at the Boardwalk?

Edit: After reading through follow up posts, there is a tv in Crews Cup Lounge.

Last edited:
I don’t remember a tv in Crews Cup Lounge when we were there a couple years ago. What about walking over to ESPN Club at the Boardwalk?

We were af the crews cup on a Thurs night in December. There is a tv, and it was tuned to that night's NFL game, but they really don't turn the sound up enough to hear. It's more like wallpaper there.

BTW -Go Pats!

Does anyone know if Beach or yacht lounges or pool bar has a T.V. that would be playing the super bowl?
There are a couple of TVs in Crew's Cup, but they are not very large, and the lounge is so small. The ESPN Club on the Boardwalk will have the game broadcast outside on the Boardwalk; there will be a very large crowd there, watching. There are dozens of TVs in the lounge and restaurant at the ESPN Club, but you have to call Disney Dining to check availability for an ADR.

The Dolphin's Phins Lounge, which is only a short walk or boat ride from YC/BC, should have the game on.

Can anyone confirm if the first floor patios at BCV connect to the main concrete walkways? I’ll have a stroller so hopping the shrubs won’t work for us haha! :thanks:

That's a great question!

The Solarium is a room near the BC Marketplace with lots of couches and lounge chairs and a giant tv. No bar, but I believe you can BYO drinks in there. I know they have shown World Cup soccer games there in the past, I don't remember hearing about them showing the Super Bowl there, but they SHOULD!

We haven't seen the February activities calendar yet, but for the month of January, the movie on Sunday nights is on the beach, not the Solarium, so there is no conflict there.

:goodvibes

ETA: There was nothing on Feb 2017 calendar about Superbowl.

Last edited:
For those who have stayed at both YC & BC which resort do you prefer and why?

I like the proximity to Epcot with the beach club location but I think I prefer the newly refurbished look of the yacht club rooms with the hard flooring, extra storage/huge cabinet space, and Keurig coffee machines.

Why do you prefer either BC or YC?

I prefer BC. I like the lighter decor and atmosphere, also that it's slightly closer to Epcot. Also it was our first deluxe (as adults) and where we had our first trip as a family so it's a special place for us. The new rooms at YC are gorgeous, but we had issues with noise in the rooms and I don't like the decor and how empty the common areas are.

We are here at the Beach Club now. We arrived around 10:45am on Saturday and our room was ready when we arrived. We had booked a standard view room with a great passholder discount - and that is what we got. ;) It has a standing balcony, even though I requested a large balcony. It also has a daybed and a connecting door. It is in a good location, so that is nice. :)

The weather has been very nice. We feel lucky about that since it was cold last week. It is supposed to be 80 degrees today. :) We had a nice dinner at Crews Cup on Saturday night. We shared the prime rib and we saw the waitress and a chef walk into the Yachtsman to get the food. I love those mashed potatoes. The Crews Cup has a very limited menu but it was perfect for us that night.

We stopped over at Hollywood Studios yesterday to see Minnie Mouse head off to the real Hollywood to get her star on the Walk of Fame. There was a little ceremony for Minnie and it was fun to be there for something special. :)

Does anyone know if the Yacht/Beach Club does anything extra activities wise for July 4th? And is watching the Epcot fireworks from the resort a good way to see them, or would going in the park be much better?
We were there for the 4th of July last year and they have a lot of special activities on the 4th. They even had free S'mores at the campfire. Just a warning, though, everyone dresses up in red, white and blue clothes for the 4th and we weren't prepared. :)

Thanks. I thought going in might be worth it for the 4th ;) How early would you recommend getting a spot? I have never done a holiday there. Usually leisurely get a spot out in front of Mexico to the left of Hacienda. We have a 6:30 SAI, thought of getting a spot when done around 7:30, but wasn't sure that would be enough.
We only got there about 1/2 hour ahead of time. Make sure wherever you stand you can see the American Pavilion. They has special fireworks that they shoot off over that building, which we missed because there were trees in our way. But the fireworks were amazing. MK has special fireworks on both the 3rd and 4th. We saw those fireworks on the 3rd.

I'm slowly making my way through the resorts. The Yacht Club will be number 13. I've done online checkin but can't remember when I get to add a room request. I had expected it to be part of online checkin, but it wasn't. My only request is a high floor and it won't make or break my vacation if I don't get it, but wondering when room requests are made.
You can make your requests as soon as you book the room but you'll probably have to call in if there isn't an option for high floor on the online check in form. :)

All of the bars and lounges have TV's. Dee's suggestion of going to the Solarium is a good one. :)

We are confirmed for 5/13-5/17 Garden/Woods View at the BC!

Since there will be five of us in one room, do we need to request a room with a daybed?

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if the first floor patios at BCV connect to the main concrete walkways? I’ll have a stroller so hopping the shrubs won’t work for us haha! :thanks:

I think you'll need to exit via your front door of your Villa with the stroller. Most, if not all first floor Villas have some obstacles when exiting via the patio. Shrubs, grassy stretches, and fencing for those rooms that face the Dunes Cove Pool. I have a couple of long distance pictures that I'll try to post which demonstrate what I'm talking about.

View from room 431. First floor villa rooms on right hand side in "greener" building.

View from room 516 [pre-fenced in pool] First floor villas in the distance show shrubs and grass.

Last edited:
You can make your requests as soon as you book the room but you'll probably have to call in if there isn't an option for high floor on the online check in form. :)

:)

Thank you.

I think you'll need to exit via your front door of your Villa with the stroller. Most, if not all first floor Villas have some obstacles when exiting via the patio. Shrubs, grassy stretches, and fencing for those rooms that face the Dunes Cove Pool. I have a couple of long distance pictures that I'll try to post which demonstrate what I'm talking about.

View from room 431. First floor villa rooms on right hand side in "greener" building.

View from room 516 [pre-fenced in pool] First floor villas in the distance show shrubs and grass.

No snow! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Hi everyone. We're headed to the Beach Club (our first stay there!) in about 10 days and am thinking about trying Safeway grocery delivery as I think Garden Grocer has gotten so expensive! Has anyone else used them and had any issues? I've read that the delivery times are limited for Garden Grocer to this resort, is this the same for all deliveries there? Don't want any issues, but not interested in overpaying for a few groceries either. Very interested in your opinions. Thanks!

We have used Safeway on our last three trips, twice at the Beach Club! Their prices are great, delivered at the time I picked and everything was as ordered. You can make comments on each item, like if the one you want is not in stock whether to replace with another brand or get a different size or just not purchase at all. I have always had them just leave the groceries with Bell Services as we did not order any alcohol. I highly recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter