Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have a trip booked for July? I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

You can see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations from around the resort, but you would see much more going into the park. Crowds might be heavy, but if you watch from the bridge between UK and France, or somewhere thereabouts, you should be able to get out of the park and back to the Yacht & Beach quickly.

I have the schedule of past activities calendars on Page 1, Post 4. I'll post the July 4 activities from last year for you.

2017:

Here are the activities listed on the sheet below, since it is hard to read.

Pitch 'N Pop
Red, White and Blue Relay Races
Patriotic Pool Party
Patriotic Party Games
Patriotic Campfire with S'mores
Movie Under the Stars

:goodvibes

Last edited:
:woohoo:So excited to get to stay here one night during my upcoming my February trip! My sister will be running the PHM and we're making it our second annual sister trip as well :) We'll only be down there for 5 nights, but are going to do a split stay...in three resorts ;) We've done two before, and since it's just her and I it's a fun way to get to hang out in some of our favorite places :D We've stayed in the BCV in December of 2015, but this is our first time staying in Beach Club :D Looking forward to relaxing after her run, whether our room's ready early or not. And then send our luggage off in the morning and walking through IG :love: Love this thread and seeing all the pictures and recommendations! So excited to spend even one night here! We have a Lagoon/Pool view (cause that's what was available and the "cheapest" ;) lol)
:yay:

We are staying at BCV in early March.. our first time, very excited! We are huge CBR fans but with the construction we've had to look elsewhere. I am worried about missing a few things at CBR, mainly the relaxed Caribbean vibe. But Beach Club looks gorgeous as well and it's always been a bit of a dream of mine to stay there. I do think we will miss the many quick service options that CBR *had*, but I'm hoping between the Boardwalk spots and Beach Club Marketplace we will get by.

We just booked 10 nights at Yacht Club at the end of May. We’ve stayed at BC but this is our first stay in YC. We are booked in a garden or woods view. What info can you give me on location and views? Do they all have nice sized balconies or patios. I feel like our balcony at BC was really small.

Seeing them from inside the park is much better. The 4th of July show is amazing! You'll definitely want to stake out a spot early.

Thanks. I thought going in might be worth it for the 4th ;) How early would you recommend getting a spot? I have never done a holiday there. Usually leisurely get a spot out in front of Mexico to the left of Hacienda. We have a 6:30 SAI, thought of getting a spot when done around 7:30, but wasn't sure that would be enough.

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have a trip booked for July? I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

You can see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations from around the resort, but you would see much more going into the park. Crowds might be heavy, but if you watch from the bridge between UK and France, or somewhere thereabouts, you should be able to get out of the park and back to the Yacht & Beach quickly.

I have the schedule of past activities calendars on Page 1, Post 4. I'll post the July 4 activities from last year for you.

2017:

Here are the activities listed on the sheet below, since it is hard to read.

Pitch 'N Pop
Red, White and Blue Relay Races
Patriotic Pool Party
Patriotic Party Games
Patriotic Campfire with S'mores
Movie Under the Stars

:goodvibes
Thanks! This is perfect. We do have one at Yacht Club. July 4-6. Booked CSR first half of the week and heading here for last few nights.

Does anyone know if the Yacht/Beach Club does anything extra activities wise for July 4th? And is watching the Epcot fireworks from the resort a good way to see them, or would going in the park be much better?

I agree. You need to see Illuminations inside Epcot around the lagoon. It is way more than a fireworks show. It is music, fire, water, lasers. lights and fireworks. And the 4th has a special ending.

Thanks. I thought going in might be worth it for the 4th ;) How early would you recommend getting a spot? I have never done a holiday there. Usually leisurely get a spot out in front of Mexico to the left of Hacienda. We have a 6:30 SAI, thought of getting a spot when done around 7:30, but wasn't sure that would be enough.

That should be fine. Last time we got a spot about an hour and a half early. We got a spot between UK and Canada.

We'll be there on the 4th again this year too!

We just booked 10 nights at Yacht Club at the end of May. We’ve stayed at BC but this is our first stay in YC. We are booked in a garden or woods view. What info can you give me on location and views? Do they all have nice sized balconies or patios. I feel like our balcony at BC was really small.
All but a handful of YC rooms have full balcony. Virtually every balcony at YC is large enough for two chars and the small table.

Garden or woods is often in the back (facing quite pool or the woods toward the Dolphin). We like these rooms a lot. There are also some Garden rooms overlooking the wedding gazebo, essentially not at an angle to be water view, but on that side of the resort.

For those who have stayed at both YC & BC which resort do you prefer and why?

I like the proximity to Epcot with the beach club location but I think I prefer the newly refurbished look of the yacht club rooms with the hard flooring, extra storage/huge cabinet space, and Keurig coffee machines.

Why do you prefer either BC or YC?

Last edited:
I cannot believe we are only 133 days till our stay at Yacht Club :yay:!!! Excited about the new rooms, just did the online check in and started to plan our fastpasses. So is this correct you have to wait until 60 days out to do your fastpasses? I thought it was 90? am I crazy :crazy2: or was it always 60?

Has anyone had a recent BC CL stay? Since deciding to take advantage of a great upgrade deal, I've been reading on the CL thread and all of the BC CL reviews seem to be really negative with lots of complaints about crabby and unhelpful CMs. I'm trying to take this with a grain of salt as we've never had anything but stellar service at the YC or BC and many people over there seem very pro Poly or GF only, but DH is going to be unhappy if we spent extra $ and get treated poorly.

I cannot believe we are only 133 days till our stay at Yacht Club :yay:!!! Excited about the new rooms, just did the online check in and started to plan our fastpasses. So is this correct you have to wait until 60 days out to do your fastpasses? I thought it was 90? am I crazy :crazy2: or was it always 60?

60 days for resort guests at this time.

I don't remembering it being anything other than 60 days, but I could be wrong.

Was dining once 90 days for resort guests? The memory banks are very foggy...

:sad2:

Please add me to the "Be Our Guest" List - will be there from 6/21 thru 6/28. First time for 4 out of 5 in the party - everyone can't wait for a day at SAB

90 days is currently for the new CL FastPass $50x3 they're offering. Supposedly, with that add-on you can book your "free" 3 at 90 days also.

I don't believe it was ever 90 days but if you are staying CL and you chose to pay an additional $50/person/day (must have a 3 day stay CL) you can purchase 3 additional FPs that can be booked at 90 days. That may be why you are thinking 90 days. There have been many discussions about this program.

Has anyone had a recent BC CL stay? Since deciding to take advantage of a great upgrade deal, I've been reading on the CL thread and all of the BC CL reviews seem to be really negative with lots of complaints about crabby and unhelpful CMs. I'm trying to take this with a grain of salt as we've never had anything but stellar service at the YC or BC and many people over there seem very pro Poly or GF only, but DH is going to be unhappy if we spent extra $ and get treated poorly.
The GF is my favorite resort with the YC a very close 2nd. We usually do a YC/GF split. Take it with a very large grain of salt. What bothers one person doesn't necessarily bother another. We have always had stellar service at the YC and the YC doesn't get much love anywhere :confused3 While you can run into an unhelpful CM anywhere it is not the norm. Enjoy your stay.

FP's have always been 60 days. The 90 days for CL guests is very new. You are correct that dining was once 90 days...a more reasonable time frame IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter