Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Dee - could you pencil us in for June 23rd - July 1st, 2018?

I'm planning a split stay with June 19th - 23rd at either the Poly or GF but having a hard time deciding on which one...:scratchin

You can uber to beach club. Or one of the new Disney Minnie vans. But doubtless easier just to take bus from MK to beach club
The walk to the stop for YC/BC isn't that far from the front of MK, you will probably be able to board a bus fairly quickly. Even on busy park days the longest we've waited was about 30 minutes. Since they organise the buses from the parks to the resorts it should be a case of a Disney Transportation CM rustling up a bus when a few folks are waiting if it's busy there. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as we do. Catching that bus can often be so pleasant and less crowded than some other resort buses.You could always catch one that goes to Boardwalk and just walk through around the lake too.

Oops! Forgot about that.
There might be if they start construction on the Gondola line right at the International Gateway in the near future:crazy: They will have to provide access to guests staying at the BW/YC/BC resorts. Not everyone will be wanting to drive over. Who knows if they will even allow the friendship boats along there then too. Good old Disney Parks will have a plan I'm sure.

Well, our family got a major blow this week. We found out our 21 year old son as Type 1 Diabetes. Needless to say, there is no way DH and I could go to WDW later this month for our anniversary when our DS is getting adjusted to checking his blood, administering insulin and learning to count carbs. We would be worrying the whole time. DS is taking it like a trooper though (much better than mom and dad are taking it). However, on the bright side, somehow with DS, DD, DH and my schedules, we were able to change things around and all four of us go for a short family trip staying at BC for one night and then YC for three nights next week! The are all very excited. And we actually got some FP's we wanted at EPCOT! It's times like these that make you realize how important family is, and to count your blessings. :earsboy:

Have a wonderful trip and I am sorry about your son's diagnosis. I traveled with another family whose DS was dx'd at 7 yo with T1D. He was about 11 yo when we traveled. He had a pump, so no needles or extra vials were carried in the parks. The web is FULL of resources on how to have fun at WDW w/Diabetes. Put T1D on your ADR's. I believe that there was an app that my friend used to assist her son with meals. All the best!! XOXO

I am super excited to say we are coming back next year!! Never thought we coukd do 2 years in a row at the BC but we are :mickeyjum:goofy:
Plus our friends are also coming a few days later but to the CBR so im in for alot of planing as they've never been before. :surfweb:

Please add us to the list for May 21st 11 nights (we are doing 3 nights first Clearwater Beach). Wish I could do the full 14 again at BC but price has gone up so much. Plus this way we can get over our jetlag on the beach! :beach: X

Question: We are driving and plan to arrive by 8 am, hitting the MK first day. Which would you YC veterans suggest - parking at the YC, leaving our bag with the desk and taking a morning bus to MK or driving straight to MK and hitting YC at the end of the day?

MK hours are 9-9.

Thanks

If I wasn't too tired from the drive I would head straight to MK (with your 0800 ETA) in order to rope drop. I'd then head back to the resort for the afternoon to check in/chill out for a bit (bearing in mind that check-in doesn't start until 3pm so you're not guaranteed to get into a room but you could go to Stormalong Bay) and then take Disney transport back to MK for evening entertainment. Just my opinion though! I'm sure you'll get lots of alternatives!

Can I ask a bit of an OT question here, just a quick opinion? I tend to stay on this thread lately, because quite frankly, it's one of the kinder threads on these boards, so please forgive my brief :offtopic:.

For our upcoming trip, we have a night at AK where we're seeing Rivers of Light, and have a FP+ for the late show. Does anyone know if that show is usually overly crowded? The park is open until midnight that night, and if I thought we could just walk in and sit for the late show, I'd give up that FP and get one for something else instead! Thoughts?

And just to bring it back on topic....here in MA, it hasn't been a terribly hot summer (right Dee?), so we haven't been able to use the pool much, so I can't tell you how excited I am to be less than 3 weeks away from the waters of SAB! I'll say again...I swear they treat it with chlorine and Xanax.

There might be if they start construction on the Gondola line right at the International Gateway in the near future:crazy: They will have to provide access to guests staying at the BW/YC/BC resorts. Not everyone will be wanting to drive over. Who knows if they will even allow the friendship boats along there then too. Good old Disney Parks will have a plan I'm sure.

I hope not too soon. We booked specifically to be able to walk to Epcot.

I don't think there's any plans to block off the IG during construction of the gondola. That would be blocking several thousand resort guests from getting to their rooms, and the construction is off to the side of the gateway proper. Now the day or week they're hanging lines over the IG, might there be a 1-5 day brief shut down for safety reasons? Possibly, but I really think that even this will be avoided.

Can I ask a bit of an OT question here, just a quick opinion? I tend to stay on this thread lately, because quite frankly, it's one of the kinder threads on these boards, so please forgive my brief :offtopic:.

For our upcoming trip, we have a night at AK where we're seeing Rivers of Light, and have a FP+ for the late show. Does anyone know if that show is usually overly crowded? The park is open until midnight that night, and if I thought we could just walk in and sit for the late show, I'd give up that FP and get one for something else instead! Thoughts?

And just to bring it back on topic....here in MA, it hasn't been a terribly hot summer (right Dee?), so we haven't been able to use the pool much, so I can't tell you how excited I am to be less than 3 weeks away from the waters of SAB! I'll say again...I swear they treat it with chlorine and Xanax.
On other threads I have seen reports that the second show is no FP is needed. Cast members told another poster, they could show up 5 minutes before on the second show and still get a seat.

Dee- our dates are finally confirmed for Nov 26-Dec. 3 at Yacht club. We can't wait! Just booked our room only night this week when they released the room only discount. Hopefully, we will get to stay in the same room.

I looked at the activity calendar for August and there is nothing at the pools on sundays until a 5pm beach party. No daytime activities. This is our planned rest day and we have ohanas at 645. I was hoping my kids would get to enjoy the pool and the activites during the day. The boardwalk has a ton of activities every day. Has anyone been by SAB on a recent sunday and can let me know if there were really no pool side activities during the day. This is really throwing me off and I'm starting to obsess over my plans, lol. Thanks.

I looked at the activity calendar for August and there is nothing at the pools on sundays until a 5pm beach party. No daytime activities. This is our planned rest day and we have ohanas at 645. I was hoping my kids would get to enjoy the pool and the activites during the day. The boardwalk has a ton of activities every day. Has anyone been by SAB on a recent sunday and can let me know if there were really no pool side activities during the day. This is really throwing me off and I'm starting to obsess over my plans, lol. Thanks.

When we were there last month there were no activities on Sunday.

Thank you. That really stinks and is very surprising. Damn disney messing with my plans, lol.

I'm sure they'll still have fun! DD7 had zero interest in the pool activities this past trip for some reason. Can you work in an afternoon at the pool on a different day also?

I'm sure they'll still have fun! DD7 had zero interest in the pool activities this past trip for some reason. Can you work in an afternoon at the pool on a different day also?
I'm trying. It seems like all our planned pool time is when there are no activities. The nights we plan at being at the resort are of course the 2 nights there are no campfires, lol. *sigh* My kids love the campfires. It's hard moving things around because of course golf for dh, ohanas and fop fastpass are involved. We'll make it work just wish there were things on our dedicated pool day. My 13yo loves the trivia.

I'm in NH and agree that it hasn't been a very hot summer. Between the weather and all of DS's injuries we haven't had much pool time. Can't wait to hit Stormalong Bay in 15 days!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!