Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my reservation on 9/13 and the only choices were higher or lower floor, so unless they changed it since last week, it's CURRENTLY the choices.
Surprise! It's changed.... TWICE :). 9-19- no choices. 9-20- full list. As the WDW Coders have a conniption fit? Check daily. Main Site "Room Request" remains a mess :).

At Geyser Point there's a window, right next to the mug fill area, and the bar area. It will be clear what I mean when you see it in person.
If you order from the window, it is quick service. If you sit in the bar area they have a lounge menu but can also bring you food from the window. I paid out of pocket so I'm not sure if the bartenders there can take dining plan credits even for the non-lounge menu options.

We ordered from bar waitstaff the week of 9/5 and part of our party was on DDP. They were able to use it but it took forever. I think the server, not the system was the problem.

Anyone book the current bounceback while they've been at the Lodge recently? It looks to be a good one...hoping here's some dates left for early Dec by the time we get there.

I didn't book it because it was only free dining. With a picky eater and a preference for CL, a room only discount works better for us. I wish I had taken a picture of the page for date reference. I know the labor day holiday was included because that was our travel dates this year, but I don't remember what else.

We just returned pre Irma (we got out on Saturday, our scheduled departure day) and had a great time at the lodge. Truthfully, we could have easily done a whole resort day there and still had stuff left over to do. Even with the heat, the grounds are comfortable to explore because things are so shaded. Geyser Point is a great spot to sit, eat, and enjoy a drink next to the water.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't know if I would like a cabin. The cabins on the north side get so much traffic from the boats lakeside. Coming back at night you could see everything going on in their living areas with the lights on. The noise from the boats wouldn't bother me, but the lack of privacy would. Paying to stay there but having to keep curtains drawn all the time seems counterproductive.

Does anyone know what is going on with the water leaks from the ceiling where the hall in front of roaring forks meets the small lobby for the north wing elevator? There seemed to be an issue here everyday. A really rainy day also had a water leak where you come in from the bus stop to the main lobby.

Bus sharing was hit or miss. Mornings to AK and HS, we shared with the Contemporary, and we got one evening bus to Epcot that shared with Ft Wilderness. All others were direct. We did rope drop every day. Other than the first morning, we used the boat to MK. I prefer the dock security because the lines were shorter. The buses were also taking some different routes along the roads closer to CR and GF because of construction and one evening a car accident, so even direct buses were heading that direction. Our longest wait was leaving Epcot prior to illuminations, almost 45 minutes. I am guessing we just missed one when we got there. To us, still better then trying to drive on property. Plus the higher bus view gave everyone a view of all the construction vehicles and the giant piles of fill they have at the entrance of Hollywood Studios (our group works construction/landscaping/farming) . See even construction can be an attraction :rotfl2:

Quick question...I am booked in a Standard View room but just found a Boulder Ridge Deluxe Studio for the same money. Should I switch? What would be the benefits? I am traveling solo. This is my first time to stay WL or deluxe for anything other than a conference stay.

Quick question...I am booked in a Standard View room but just found a Boulder Ridge Deluxe Studio for the same money. Should I switch? What would be the benefits? I am traveling solo. This is my first time to stay WL or deluxe for anything other than a conference stay.
Most standard view rooms will have a view of the MK fireworks. The rooms are in the WL building and convenient to the lobby and restaurants. It will have two queen beds.

The Boulder Ridge villas are right next door to the WL - connected by a covered walkway. The deluxe studio will have one queen bed, a sofa bed and a small kitchenette. The kitchenette will include a microwave, toaster, coffee pot and refrigerator. Some people like having the kitchenette and the sofa. The studio will have a view of trees, or the quiet pool or the bus stop or the WL building. You won't be able to see fireworks from this building.

Thank you! I think I will stick with my standard view. I am hoping to watch Hallowishes one night.
They pipe in the music at Geyser Point. I have heard that they also pipe in the music in the courtyard, but they didn't do that when I stayed there in March.

I went to do online check in for our upcoming trip and under request all it would let me select was "near elevator". No low floor, no high floor. Did something change? I remember last year we were able to select high floor.

I went to do online check in for our upcoming trip and under request all it would let me select was "near elevator". No low floor, no high floor. Did something change? I remember last year we were able to select high floor.
Yes. The Main WDW Website is, yet again, broken. Drop Down List for "Room Requests" keeps jumping around daily between just "upper floor", and all historic choices. WE got our choice on 9-19-2017. Next day? Choice list screwed up. We've been checking this DAILY.

CALL. All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Hi all! As I am planning our 2018 trip to our beloved Wilderness Lodge, I am not having any luck with pricing out (online) a standard view room for the middle of July. Could all the standard view rooms already be booked? Is there an event taking place next July that I do not know about? Tried again today and I am not even able to price out a courtyard view! Any insight is much appreciated! We love the Lodge & look forward to returning every year.

Looking at the resort activities etc. available at WL. If you rent a bike at WL can you return it at FW? I was thinking I could rent a bike for the morning and ride over and explore the campgrounds then take a bus to one of the parks rather than returning back to WL.

Looking at the resort activities etc. available at WL. If you rent a bike at WL can you return it at FW? I was thinking I could rent a bike for the morning and ride over and explore the campgrounds then take a bus to one of the parks rather than returning back to WL.

That's a very interesting question! I just checked with my DD who works at the WL Marina and rents out the bikes and the answer is: the bike must be returned to the location where it was rented from.

That's a very interesting question! I just checked with my DD who works at the WL Marina and rents out the bikes and the answer is: the bike must be returned to the location where it was rented from.
Thanks for the quick response. It makes sense, but since the two are so closely related I thought maybe it could be done. I'm not even sure I can still ride a bike, haven't tried in about 30 years!!

Hi all! As I am planning our 2018 trip to our beloved Wilderness Lodge, I am not having any luck with pricing out (online) a standard view room for the middle of July. Could all the standard view rooms already be booked? Is there an event taking place next July that I do not know about? Tried again today and I am not even able to price out a courtyard view! Any insight is much appreciated! We love the Lodge & look forward to returning every year.

Don't lose hope, the website has been being glitchy for awhile now. It also could be a room blocking issue. I just checked July 14-21, and found Std view for $348/night. If all else fails, call.

Does anyone know about when the Christmas decorations usually go up at Wilderness Lodge? Or more specifically...is there a chance that they will all be up the week after Thanksgiving?

Don't lose hope, the website has been being glitchy for awhile now. It also could be a room blocking issue. I just checked July 14-21, and found Std view for $348/night. If all else fails, call.

Thanks! Actually did call today. CM was very helpful & was able to book full trip under one reservation. The website still shows no availability for the full time of our stay - if booked online, it would have been a split stay. Guess the CM used some pixiedust: to make it work.

For those who have stayed CL recently do you remember what kind of yogurt if any they had. TIA:flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!