Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Facebook page to search for that is referenced in this thread?
Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages is the Facebook page, and it has lots of great info and pics.

Hi Everyone,

We arrive Sept 1 and I was thinking about having a Birthday cake and balloons in the room for my DD. Do they do that? Has anyone ever done this at WL?

TIA
We haven't done it at WL, but we looked into it through Disney and it didn't seem bad. The website is:
http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/category/in-room+celebrations.do

The new restaurant, Geyser Point Bar and Grill, is a great place to see both the MK fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant. It is located along the shore of Bay Lake, where the old beach used to be, on the villas side of the resort.
I was wondering if that would be the case. do they pipe the music in? is there an outdoor viewing if you're not at a window table? sounds like a great spot for a nightcap :)

I was wondering if that would be the case. do they pipe the music in? is there an outdoor viewing if you're not at a window table? sounds like a great spot for a nightcap :)

I'm not sure if they pipe in music, so I can't help with that part of your question.

This is an outdoor restaurant. It is covered, but there are no windows or doors.

They pipe in the music but the best view of the fireworks would be along the edge of the water. You'll see people dragging chairs to the edge when it is time for fireworks.

The Electric Water Parade stops in front of the resort, so you should be able to see it from a table in the restaurant. There are tables outside the restaurant, a little closer to the lake. It is a lovely place to hang out. We've stopped at Geyser Point for a drink and food even when we are staying at another resort. :)

We are staying at the wilderness lodge in August and have a 7am breakfast reservation at chef Mickey. Is taxi our only option? Or does the boat run that early?

We are staying at the wilderness lodge in August and have a 7am breakfast reservation at chef Mickey. Is taxi our only option? Or does the boat run that early?

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. So it's an option to take a bus to MK and walk over. It's a 5 minute ride or less.

DVC room question (it's been awhile). There's no option for a room with 2 beds besides a 2 bedroom right? I really hate they've converted half the hotel to DVC. We got our room booked (in the Lodge) for spring break next year the day they were released (courtyard view) but I think the others in our group said no availability already for courtyard (only bunk bed or standard view which that will have to do). And why do Woods view not come up anymore - for any dates I've checked?

I refuse to pay these prices for a fold out bed! It's fine for little kids but not adults.

Thanks.

DVC room question (it's been awhile). There's no option for a room with 2 beds besides a 2 bedroom right? I really hate they've converted half the hotel to DVC. We got our room booked (in the Lodge) for spring break next year the day they were released (courtyard view) but I think the others in our group said no availability already for courtyard (only bunk bed or standard view which that will have to do). And why do Woods view not come up anymore - for any dates I've checked?

I refuse to pay these prices for a fold out bed! It's fine for little kids but not adults.

Thanks.

Woods View got taken away during construction. Some of the standard rooms are actually old woods view. There were rumors they were going to add back woods view, but they have not yet.

And yes, only lodge rooms have two beds.

Thanks.

Forgot to add, some of those standard view rooms have awesome MK fireworks view. We stayed fourth floor in room 4026 I believe, and we watched the fireworks three times from our balcony. We also could see the kiss goodnight on the castle. It was pretty awesome. Granted, we had construction of the cabins outside too, but it wasn't that bad. The boats on the canal were louder ;)

Forgot to add, some of those standard view rooms have awesome MK fireworks view. We stayed fourth floor in room 4026 I believe, and we watched the fireworks three times from our balcony. We also could see the kiss goodnight on the castle. It was pretty awesome. Granted, we had construction of the cabins outside too, but it wasn't that bad. The boats on the canal were louder ;)

Ha we were in 4024, bunk bed room. OP if you're seeing this be sure when you're checking in that you state you do want the 2 queen beds. We personally did not care at first, but I think after the novelty wore off my son wished he just had a normal bed.

Ha we were in 4024, bunk bed room. OP if you're seeing this be sure when you're checking in that you state you do want the 2 queen beds. We personally did not care at first, but I think after the novelty wore off my son wished he just had a normal bed.
Thanks.
Yep we did the bunks last time but my oldest is adult sized now and the novelty wore off then for sure.

So I know Touringplans hasn't updated their system with the Copper Creek rooms yet. I am staying at CCV next Feb and am having a hard time finding someone who has a list/map of the newly renovated room types. I would like to control my own fate a bit if possible and was wondering if you guys know of any resources as to what room numbers were renovated etc.

Last edited:

Thanks.
...and this is why our family of four prefer not to stay DVC
Regarding WL woods view, or lack thereof: no woods = no woods view. As someone else stated, many standard view rooms now have a MK/fireworks view. Don't be surprised if these room views increase in price at some point.

So I know Touringplans hasn't updated their system with the Copper Creek rooms yet. I am staying at CCV next Feb and am having a hard time finding someone who has a list/map of the newly renovated room types. I would like to control my own fate a bit if possible and was wondering if you guys know of any resources as to what room numbers were renovated etc.

Go a few pages back... the map was posted not too long ago. The entire south wing of WL rooms were converted to DVC, CCV

We were at WL last September and when we check in (we did online but still did check in at the front desk for pins and a map) we were given a parking tag to place in our car. Do they still do this or is it just on the magic bands now? We plan on using DME for our arrival but we also might end up renting a car mid trip if we decide to visit with our Grandparents who live on the other side of the state.

We were at WL last September and when we check in (we did online but still did check in at the front desk for pins and a map) we were given a parking tag to place in our car. Do they still do this or is it just on the magic bands now? We plan on using DME for our arrival but we also might end up renting a car mid trip if we decide to visit with our Grandparents who live on the other side of the state.
We were just at the World in both May and July. We stayed at VWL in May, and at both SSR and BLT in July. We were told in May that only MBs weer needed, and we had no issues getting into the parks (we drive most days). In July, we were actually given a paper pass at SSR, so apparently it isn't all resorts wide yet. Regardless, just ask when you check in to be certain.

Ok so mini update, room wasn't ready when we arrived at 9.50am... no surprise there, so went into MK for a few cheeky rides and then back over to the hotel to get the room around 3pm local time. Ended up getting room 1537 after requesting 1506, however, all the stipulations are the same and we have a 'pool view' which is just awesome! Not sure if its luck or good judgment but i guess we will find out when i transfer over to the Poly next week!

I'll be running some reviews in the next few days so hopefully will have some time to get them up on here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter