Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you take a moment to check the comfort of the sofa bed? I know they tend to get average to poor reviews. Just wondering if these fresh and new ones are better quality.

OK I've spent enough time on it to confirm that, for adults, right now it is adequate, but that as the mattress compresses it will quickly become appropriate only for lighter adults and children.

My wife took this shot of the current test regimen...

sofa bed.jpg

OK I've spent enough time on it to confirm that, for adults, right now it is adequate, but that as the mattress compresses it will quickly become appropriate only for lighter adults and children.

View attachment 254235

That bed looks like it has a thinner mattress then some of the other newer sofa beds, like at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness or the ones at Poly.

I also posted in the CL thread but I will expand a little here.

My 1.5 year old son loved the little kid Splash park. Your 6 year old may be a little old for it, but I think your 4 year old will like it.

They have lawn games set up in the late afternoon/early evening. Like, hula hoops, bags, giant checkers & connect 4, etc. My son just liked picking up the stuff and looking at it, but your kids could probably actually play the games lol.

He also liked sitting in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and walking over the bridge in the lobby.

The boat ride to and from the MK was a real hit for him.

They have coloring pages/crayons in the CL lounge, which your kids can probably use better than mine...he just scribbles right now. They have kid-sized tables and chairs in there too. My son still needs a lot of help eating, but your kids could probably make a "kids table" if they want!

WL is a fabulous resort for young families and I'm so glad we chose it for our first vacation as a family of 3!

KrazeeK120 - you are awesome! Thank you so much, this really helps. Girls would definitely enjoy splash park, lawn games & coloring at the kids table - I didn't know about those. I also keep forgetting about the boat ride to MK - I hope my the girls enjoy it as much as your son does - sounds like he is a wonderful little adventurer ::MickeyMo

Thanks again for your great reply!

KrazeeK120 - you are awesome! Thank you so much, this really helps. Girls would definitely enjoy splash park, lawn games & coloring at the kids table - I didn't know about those. I also keep forgetting about the boat ride to MK - I hope my the girls enjoy it as much as your son does - sounds like he is a wonderful little adventurer ::MickeyMo

Thanks again for your great reply!

No problem! In the later evening, I think they take down the lawn games and show movies. Your kids may like that too. If you're coming from the main lodge, you walk through (or around) Geyser Point and that's where the lawn is.

And yes, my son is a great little adventurer! I already have a trip booked for October 2018 to take him back to Disney!

No problem! In the later evening, I think they take down the lawn games and show movies. Your kids may like that too. If you're coming from the main lodge, you walk through (or around) Geyser Point and that's where the lawn is.

And yes, my son is a great little adventurer! I already have a trip booked for October 2018 to take him back to Disney!

Woohoo!! Way to plan ahead! I totally get how addictive it can become. I worried if my husband was even going to tolerate Disney last year, and now he's the one pushing for us to take a DVC tour in Nov :rotfl2: Are you staying in AK in 2018? (hoping I'm reading your signature properly) - that's next on our list too! Looking forward to reading how you enjoy it :thumbsup2

Woohoo!! Way to plan ahead! I totally get how addictive it can become. I worried if my husband was even going to tolerate Disney last year, and now he's the one pushing for us to take a DVC tour in Nov :rotfl2: Are you staying in AK in 2018? (hoping I'm reading your signature properly) - that's next on our list too! Looking forward to reading how you enjoy it :thumbsup2

Yes, we are trying out Animal Kingdom Lodge! We will be there the week before my son turns 3 (which is crazy to say since he isn't even 2 yet lol). We went to Disney for our honeymoon in 2007 - DH hadn't ever been there. Unfortunately, I came down with a bad cold while there, so we went back in 2009. And we just kept going back ever since, including a babymoon when I was pregnant in 2015! I like trying out different resorts. WL is my favorite so far (and CBR is my least favorite, for what it's worth).

Did you take a moment to check the comfort of the sofa bed? I know they tend to get average to poor reviews. Just wondering if these fresh and new ones are better quality.

Great question, was wondering the same thing.

View attachment 254235

Thanks for posting, we have stayed in 1 bedroom villas at WL, BW, bay lake, kidani and have spent a night on the sofa beds here and there when the kids feel asleep on our king bed - and yes they are thin / uncomfortable. Especially for DH who is husky, he says he can feel the bar on his back! The mattress here looks exactly the same in terms of how thin it is as the ones we have stayed at in our 1 bedroom villas rooms.

I know they make pillowtop matteress covers for sofa beds , I'm wondering if those are available upon request?:confused3

View attachment 254235

Oh no!! I had a regular room booked at WL with 2 queens and switched to Copper. I asked the cm about the bed because my kids always complain pull out beds are uncomfortable. I may have to switch back. Its my son's bday and would hate to put him in an uncomfortable bed :(

Oh no!! I had a regular room booked at WL with 2 queens and switched to Copper. I asked the cm about the bed because my kids always complain pull out beds are uncomfortable. I may have to switch back. Its my son's bday and would hate to put him in an uncomfortable bed :(

My girls (25 and 16 yrs. old) share the sleeper sofa at Boulder Ridge (Studio) and find them fine. They love being at Disney so comfort may not matter to them but they have never suggested a change.

My kids (11 & 8) found the pull out very cozy & comfortable. DH is a big guy, he found it uncomfortable. You kids might be ok on it. Mine had no problems on it.

Maybe they have mattress covers for the sofa beds upon request? Hope this helps, Marina

Does anyone know if the boat rental is open yet? We will be there in 11 days and my husband is dying to take a boat out.

It opened the first week in July. They had free rentals June 29-30 for the soft opening while we were there. Wish we had taken advantage of it...

Has anyone seen a cabin hot tub review? Are they serviced every day like the hot tub near the pools?

hi everyone!

I just booked one night in a 2 bedroom at CCV the sunday night before a cruise with my parents in Gebruary. My son and I will be at Disney from the previous thursday before moving to a 2br with my parents for the night before the cruise and I would like to make it a special "disney" night for them as they will only be on the resort that one day and it is a travel day. I am planning a fun dinner at WCC (they are plain eaters and this would be fun with my son) and then to do a private pontoon fireworks cruise (my parents have mobility issues and don't love crowds), but I am kind of bummed out that due to the likely earlier fireworks (sunday in late february after the typical winter break week) that we will not be able to see the Electric Water Pageant as part of the cruise as I believe it gets to WL at around 9:30. I would love to see this as we are having a low key evening... where is the best place to watch it from? It has been years since I have been to WL and I can't even imagine the layout of the place in my head. We will probably not wait around between the fireworks cruise and the EWP because it is about an hour and likely to be kind of cool in late february but I'd love to pop back out with my son to see it... sitting on the beach at the contemporary with him in my lap on a lounge when he was 6 was one of my favorite memories of my trip in 2014... we entirely missed it on my last trip and I'd like to fit it in on this one.

Thanks!

I am kind of bummed out that due to the likely earlier fireworks (Sunday in late February after the typical winter break week) that we will not be able to see the Electric Water Pageant as part of the cruise as I believe it gets to WL at around 9:30. I would love to see this as we are having a low key evening... where is the best place to watch it from? It has been years since I have been to WL and I can't even imagine the layout of the place in my head.
The new restaurant, Geyser Point Bar and Grill, is a great place to see both the MK fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant. It is located along the shore of Bay Lake, where the old beach used to be, on the villas side of the resort.

Hi Everyone,

We arrive Sept 1 and I was thinking about having a Birthday cake and balloons in the room for my DD. Do they do that? Has anyone ever done this at WL?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter