Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

There are a lot of connecting rooms at POR but if you want to maximize your chances of getting them you would have to make it your number one request. I would call reservations and have the request noted on all three rooms. And then I would send a fax to the resort five days before check in.
last question when I send the fax request, should I put all reservations on one request?? THANK YOU! We are 5 days away and I just want to send the fax today!!

last question when I send the fax request, should I put all reservations on one request?? THANK YOU! We are 5 days away and I just want to send the fax today!!
Yes, put all three reservations on one fax. We stayed at POR two years ago with three families and that is what we did. :)

Yes, put all three reservations on one fax. We stayed at POR two years ago with three families and that is what we did. :)
maybe I am not done..... ;) I was thinking of requesting building 25 on the ground floor, really doesn't matter, but I figured why not, Is that a pretty good location? Have that nervous excitement and just need some support to pull the trigger. I am the planner in my group and when I ask them, they just tell me whatever I want! Which is nice but then sometimes I can't make the final decision:) Thanks again

Just got the text our room is ready, Alligator Bayou building 26. Can anyone provide insight on this location? We sent a fax requesting magnolia, but didn’t get it. “River or pool room” category. We’re sure the room will be fine, more concerned about this location being in Alligator bayou and not in one of the mansion buildings. Also concerned cause it looks like it’s the absolute farthest building away from the dining and main pool.

Just got the text our room is ready, Alligator Bayou building 26. “River or pool room” category.

It is a slightly remote building, so if you want very close to the main areas it might be worth asking at the front desk if they can look for something else when you actually get there. It's not as bad as some of the thirties buildings though (in fact, 26 is right next to 27 which is a Preferred Location). There are no River View or Pool View category rooms in 26 though, they are all Garden View apart from a couple of King Bed rooms. Which one did you actually book (they are separate categories, not "River/Pool" as one option).

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-26.png

Andre

Just returned from our first stay at POR. We didn't love it there... we were in building 18. From our door 1837, to the food court door, it was 2 minutes and 34 seconds. It took about 4 minutes to walk to the bus stop. We found the busing to be very frustrating. Sometimes they would pick us up first and we would have to do 3 internal stops plus French Quarter. Sometimes we were picked up last. On the way back, it seemed that we were always the last off. Made for very, very long bus rides. We would drive right by the South depot and go to west first, then all the way around and drop off south last. It made no sense to us.

We chose to do Mousekeeping. After the 4th night, we went down and asked to forgo housekeeping because they were doing such a bad job. :(. Even though I left cute tip envelopes with a Canadian lollipop/chocolate on the top with a cute sticker and money in the envelope! We would come back and there was garbage left on the floor, the beds were sloppily made, they didn't refresh our supplies. We came back from the park late one night and had less than half a roll of toilet paper! With no extras! We used up the tissue one day, and when we came back that night and used some more, it was gone again after 3 tissues, the housekeeper had just put 3 more tissues in and didn't replace the box! So I went down and told them I wanted to forgo and get the gift card instead. She said ok, I will give you $20 for 3 days. I said no, I would like 4 days worth, I already have the sign up and don't want it today either. She kinda hummed and hawed but did give me the $30. I found it nice not having to worry about 'cleaning' for the maid and getting our stuff organized before she was in our room. Plus I got a nice shirt for that $30 ;)

We found the resort ok, but wasn't our favorite. The food court was decent, but very busy, and seemed understaffed. If we stay there again, I would definitely ask for the Mansion side as it seems more manicured, clean and nice on that side. :)

Novice here:) We are a party of 9 with 3 rooms, whats the best way to make sure rooms are together. We'd like building 25 in AB, and I would like to make my request of a building with 2 of the rooms with a connecting door?? Thanks!
Phone and have all the reservations noted as traveling together. Then 5 days out fax to room assignors all 3 res #s asking if you can all be in same building, ideally 25, and if possible Res#abc & res # xyz connecting room.
You should request in order of importance. As I read, your top priority is same building, next is building 25, then connecting rooms. So those are 3 requests.

Just returned from our first stay at POR. We didn't love it there... we were in building 18. From our door 1837, to the food court door, it was 2 minutes and 34 seconds. It took about 4 minutes to walk to the bus stop. We found the busing to be very frustrating. Sometimes they would pick us up first and we would have to do 3 internal stops plus French Quarter. Sometimes we were picked up last. On the way back, it seemed that we were always the last off. Made for very, very long bus rides. We would drive right by the South depot and go to west first, then all the way around and drop off south last. It made no sense to us.

We chose to do Mousekeeping. After the 4th night, we went down and asked to forgo housekeeping because they were doing such a bad job. :(. Even though I left cute tip envelopes with a Canadian lollipop/chocolate on the top with a cute sticker and money in the envelope! We would come back and there was garbage left on the floor, the beds were sloppily made, they didn't refresh our supplies. We came back from the park late one night and had less than half a roll of toilet paper! With no extras! We used up the tissue one day, and when we came back that night and used some more, it was gone again after 3 tissues, the housekeeper had just put 3 more tissues in and didn't replace the box! So I went down and told them I wanted to forgo and get the gift card instead. She said ok, I will give you $20 for 3 days. I said no, I would like 4 days worth, I already have the sign up and don't want it today either. She kinda hummed and hawed but did give me the $30. I found it nice not having to worry about 'cleaning' for the maid and getting our stuff organized before she was in our room. Plus I got a nice shirt for that $30 ;)

We found the resort ok, but wasn't our favorite. The food court was decent, but very busy, and seemed understaffed. If we stay there again, I would definitely ask for the Mansion side as it seems more manicured, clean and nice on that side. :)
Sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. Sounds like you had a great location. Housekeeping can be bad at any resort. It’s the individual housekeeper, not resort wide. I hope you addressed your issue with housekeeping at the resort.
You’ll find with all moderate resorts the multiple bus stops (except Pofq has 1) and busy food courts. Maybe next time try POFQ for 1 bus stop?

So when people are talking about sending the fax, do you usually do it through touring plans?

I used TP for the first time, and we got in the section we wanted but not the building or floor. Seems like people who fax direct might have better luck?

Blow Dryer! They don't have them in the room anymore. We brought an extension cord too for charging phones.

Just leaving, & our room in the mansion section had one. I always pack my own, but there was definitely a hairdryer available.

I used TP for the first time, and we got in the section we wanted but not the building or floor. Seems like people who fax direct might have better luck?

For POR I always fax directly to Resort Room Assignor. They are one of the only ones who actually read the faxes.

Blow Dryer! They don't have them in the room anymore. We brought an extension cord too for charging phones.
All rooms have blow dryers, a call to housekeeping would get you one, sounds Like another thing your housekeeper overlooked stocking.

All rooms have blow dryers, a call to housekeeping would get you one, sounds Like another thing your housekeeper overlooked stocking.

However the hair dryers are now in small black pouch bags, usually left on the top shelf in the vanity area, so they are now much easier to miss than when they were mounted on the walls.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter