Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello all, we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time July1-5 just curious if you are able to see Magic Kingdom fireworks from property any location. We will be in Magic Kingdom on July 3rd for the up close version, but I also like to see them from a farther vantage point. I was thinking the poly beach, but they are really strict on access on the 4th. Any thoughts are appreciated thank you.

Question! We are just a few days away and I am working through my packing list and some people have recommended outlet strips for charging devices in the room. There will be 4 of us, is this a must have. Thanks for any advice!!

Question! We are just a few days away and I am working through my packing list and some people have recommended outlet strips for charging devices in the room. There will be 4 of us, is this a must have. Thanks for any advice!!
This is an absolute must have. There is one normal outlet near the table. There is an outlet near the night stand. And there is one in the bathroom. The Alligator Bayou rooms have another one or two by the TV. But we definitely needed to have an outlet strip for our devices. They don’t have any USB ports like most of the remodeled resort rooms have. :)

This is an absolute must have. There is one normal outlet near the table. There is an outlet near the night stand. And there is one in the bathroom. The Alligator Bayou rooms have another one or two by the TV. But we definitely needed to have an outlet strip for our devices. They don’t have any USB ports like most of the remodeled resort rooms have. :)
ok thanks!

Are there any other helpful must brings for the rooms?

Are there any other helpful must brings for the rooms?
Drawer space is limited so I bring extra hangers from home so that I can hang up as much as I can. There is a long closet rod with a shelf above it that will hold a lot of stuff. Some people bring hanging clothing shelves but I don't want to spend the money. ;) The drawers in an AB room are under the Murphy bed and very inconvenient. The Mansions room has a normal dresser, so drawer space is better in that room.

Drawer space is limited so I bring extra hangers from home so that I can hang up as much as I can. There is a long closet rod with a shelf above it that will hold a lot of stuff. Some people bring hanging clothing shelves but I don't want to spend the money. ;) The drawers in an AB room are under the Murphy bed and very inconvenient. The Mansions room has a normal dresser, so drawer space is better in that room.

I just purchased a hanging clothing shelve from Target this weekend in anticipation of our trip in a few weeks. It was cheap, no more than $10. I want to say $7.

I just ask housekeeping for more hangers. And use the laundry bag in room for dirty clothes. If you plan on doing laundry it’s very convenient. Laundry rooms are in a building at all quiet pools. Some like to pack detergent. I pack pods in a zip lock baggie as I’m there 2 weeks.

I just ask housekeeping for more hangers. And use the laundry bag in room for dirty clothes. If you plan on doing laundry it’s very convenient. Laundry rooms are in a building at all quiet pools. Some like to pack detergent. I pack pods in a zip lock baggie as I’m there 2 weeks.[/QUOTE

We fly out next Wednesday and I'm getting nervous.:goodvibes I thought about the pods, and was wondering how would be traveling in the suitcase. Thanks for the advice!

The pods were fine. I have packed them in heavy duty freezer zip locks and in Rubbermaid container some times. Depending on how many I need to take.
I do laundry once or twice during afternoon pool break. Depending on time I sometimes do a load toward end of trip too.

Just sent in room request for our trip next week! Just 5 days to go! Hoping the weather is nice and not too much rain!

We are staying at POR starting this Saturday for 2 nights. Seasoned Disney vets but this is our first time staying at a resort since they implemented the parking fee. Is the fee charged per reservation, or per car? I have a hard time believing it would be per car, as that would get difficult to manage, but my father (who is staying with us) doesn't believe me LOL. I'm assuming its just a lump charge added to your portfolio that you pay upon checkout, per reservation. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

We are staying at POR starting this Saturday for 2 nights. Seasoned Disney vets but this is our first time staying at a resort since they implemented the parking fee. Is the fee charged per reservation, or per car? I have a hard time believing it would be per car, as that would get difficult to manage, but my father (who is staying with us) doesn't believe me LOL. I'm assuming its just a lump charge added to your portfolio that you pay upon checkout, per reservation. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

It is per car. When we arrived they scanned our MB, walked around the car. Got the make, model & tag number. The daily parking fee was on our bill at check in when we paid the balance.

@Eeyore's My Favorite but did you have two vehicles coming in to your reservation? And were you charged for both? I get that they take the license plate number but shouldn't each reservation be held to a limit of like 2 cars? This is what it was in the past with the dash papers...

Last edited:
@Eeyore's My Favorite but did you have two vehicles coming in to your reservation? And were you charged for both?

Friends of ours had 2 cars and were charged for both pet night.

I get that they take the license plate number but shouldn't each reservation be held to a limit of like 2 cars? This is what it was in the past with the dash papers...

You can have as many cars as there are adults on the reservation. 4 adults can have your to 4 cars.

Novice here:) We are a party of 9 with 3 rooms, whats the best way to make sure rooms are together. We'd like building 25 in AB, and I would like to make my request of a building with 2 of the rooms with a connecting door?? Thanks!

Novice here:) We are a party of 9 with 3 rooms, whats the best way to make sure rooms are together. We'd like building 25 in AB, and I would like to make my request of a building with 2 of the rooms with a connecting door?? Thanks!
There are a lot of connecting rooms at POR but if you want to maximize your chances of getting them you would have to make it your number one request. I would call reservations and have the request noted on all three rooms. And then I would send a fax to the resort five days before check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!