Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

This has probably been said a thousand times but maybe someone will read page this and it will help them:

We were recently at Port Orleans Riverside and our room happened to be closest to the West Depot bus stop. We really lucked out because the buses pick up at the West Depot first so the buses were always empty and we never had any issues getting on a bus or getting a seat. Since it is the first stop for pick up that also makes it the first stop for drop-off. Definitely were happy to be there and not closer to the South Depot which is in the front of the main entrance, they get picked up last and often had little room and there were always TONS of people out there. So if you want to make a reservation I would ask them to please put you in a building by the West Depot if those rooms work out for you.
Its been awhile, 2002 in fact, we were located on the first floor near the West Depot, building 25 I think, and we loved the ease of getting on the bus in the morning. We didn't mind the walk at all to the food court. I would walk to get coffee in the morning and it was so peaceful! I would stay there in a heartbeat!

Question regarding room requests - We've stayed at POR a few times already and have been successful with our room requests. We're staying at POR again in March/April, but this time there are several other people traveling with us in a total of 5 rooms. Would it be best to send in a request for all of our rooms at once or have each family send fax in a separate request?

I definitely want to be in Alligator Bayou, which I'm assuming we will get regardless because we booked a King Room for myself, DH and DS. It's my understanding only AB has the murphy beds that will accommodate 3 in a King room. Is this correct? I'm currently checking out maps to see where we would ideally like to be based on everyone else's booking categories. We don't have to be right next to each other, but it would be much easier if we were all at least in the same building and near each other.

Question regarding room requests - We've stayed at POR a few times already and have been successful with our room requests. We're staying at POR again in March/April, but this time there are several other people traveling with us in a total of 5 rooms. Would it be best to send in a request for all of our rooms at once or have each family send fax in a separate request?

I definitely want to be in Alligator Bayou, which I'm assuming we will get regardless because we booked a King Room for myself, DH and DS. It's my understanding only AB has the murphy beds that will accommodate 3 in a King room. Is this correct? I'm currently checking out maps to see where we would ideally like to be based on everyone else's booking categories. We don't have to be right next to each other, but it would be much easier if we were all at least in the same building and near each other.
I would send one fax listing everyone’s reservation # and explain you’d like to be in AB all in the same building, close to: for example- main building, xyz bus stop, Old Man Isl, what ever your preferred location is. With 5 rooms instead of requesting a particular building, it would be best to just tell them what you want to be near. I’ve found the POR room assignor to be some of the best.

Hi, a question for all the POR lovers. Can you still access the three drawers under the TV when the murphy bed is folded down? Thanks.

How late is bell services open? Our flight arrives at 9:30pm, so after ME brings us to our resort, I'm assuming it will be well after 11:30. I'd like to have a grocery delivery, will bell services be open for me to pick it up upon check in? We start the parks early the next day, so not sure when else I would be able to get it??

Pretty much I'm afraid, apart from the snack dispenser machines. Either bring something with you, or see if there's anything open at the airport. Or if you are hiring a car, stop off at WalMart or somewhere else that's open 24 hours.

Andre

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure! I don't stay out too late when I'm there, and I've never arrived that late, so I don't know when anything closes.

How late is bell services open? Our flight arrives at 9:30pm, so after ME brings us to our resort, I'm assuming it will be well after 11:30. I'd like to have a grocery delivery, will bell services be open for me to pick it up upon check in? We start the parks early the next day, so not sure when else I would be able to get it??

Bell Services is open 24 x 7.

I remember reading about the in room coffee...it is not keurig but something similar. How many kcups/pods (whatever they are) are in the room each day? And are there disposable cups with lids to take with you on the bus?

I remember reading about the in room coffee...it is not keurig but something similar. How many kcups/pods (whatever they are) are in the room each day? And are there disposable cups with lids to take with you on the bus?
Hi!
it's a soft, disc-type coffee pod that goes into the coffee maker. There are disposable cups and lids, plus coffee whitener and sugar packets. I always bring a bunch of extras to the room after our first evening meal at the QS restaurant, just so I have lots for the week.

Bell Services is open 24 x 7.

Ok, I have a question about this. We will be doing a 1 night stay at POR at the end of our trip. We would be having our bags transferred from the Poly and really just using the room to sleep. Our departing flight is at 7:30AM, meaning DME will pick us up at approx. 4:30AM. Would it be possible to have our bags held and just pick them up when getting on DME? We would just pack a small bag with our essentials to get ready for our flight.

Ok, I have a question about this. We will be doing a 1 night stay at POR at the end of our trip. We would be having our bags transferred from the Poly and really just using the room to sleep. Our departing flight is at 7:30AM, meaning DME will pick us up at approx. 4:30AM. Would it be possible to have our bags held and just pick them up when getting on DME? We would just pack a small bag with our essentials to get ready for our flight.

That will be no problem.

I would send one fax listing everyone’s reservation # and explain you’d like to be in AB all in the same building, close to: for example- main building, xyz bus stop, Old Man Isl, what ever your preferred location is. With 5 rooms instead of requesting a particular building, it would be best to just tell them what you want to be near. I’ve found the POR room assignor to be some of the best.

Thanks very much! I figured a single request listing all our reservation numbers would be the best way to go, but wanted to see what you guys thought. Now I just need to figure out where we would like to be.

I'm staying at POR for the first time tomorrow with my DD11 - yay! We thought we were getting in late, but may be changing our flight to get in earlier in the afternoon. I'd love to try to catch some of Yehaa Bob's show in the evening - I've heard it's a lot of fun. I just wanted to confirm...I've heard it's family friendly, yes? The description on the Disney website says age interest "adults" so just wanted to double check!

Excited for our first stay at Riverside! We leave tomorrow!!

In case anyone is interested I just got a call from the resort asking if i wanted to opt out of housekeeping for a gift card...i decided to give it a try...they emailed me an e gift card-I'll report back how it goes with getting towels and toiletries after our trip=)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!