Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for your help everyone :) Our fax goes out tomorrow night, and i'm finishing my packing. We fly out Thanksgiving day for Tampa and the first leg of our trip! Then Monday is breakfast at the Polynesian and check-in at POFQ before spending the rest of the day at MK. SO CLOSE. Now if work would stop trying to see if they can actually kill me before I manage to leave, haha...

Are all the poinsettias out at POFQ? Can't wait to see those. :)

Thanks for your help everyone :) Our fax goes out tomorrow night, and i'm finishing my packing. We fly out Thanksgiving day for Tampa and the first leg of our trip! Then Monday is breakfast at the Polynesian and check-in at POFQ before spending the rest of the day at MK. SO CLOSE. Now if work would stop trying to see if they can actually kill me before I manage to leave, haha...

Are all the poinsettias out at POFQ? Can't wait to see those. :)
The poinsettias were planted in the garden in front of the entrance last week. Lobby and the courtyard were decorated for Christmas. ( went up over night on the 15th)

Arrived late last night and for the first time in a lot of trips, we did not even come close to our room requests:( We requested building 4 or 7, ground floor and got 2nd floor in building #1. Room is nice, chairs need to be replaced or at the minimum the upholstery cleaned. Beds reminded me of the GF beds, just to soft for me, but did not stop me from sleeping:) Christmas decorations ares up and looking great. We have no issues with the new look of Sassagoula QS, had breakfast ans like the new selections. DW had the steak and eggs and it was pretty good, but we both really liked the Creole Mustard Gravy that came with it, I took some and put it on my eggs:) Went to MK today and waited 5 minutes for bus and when we were leaving I looked and the next MK bus was scheduled to come in 15 minutes. MK was packed, 15+ minute waits just for popcorn or photopasses, but thanks for FP+, we still had a great time. Tomorrow is AK and since we closed MK tonight we will sleep in a bit and then head on over. BTW, doing WDW with a torn tendon in my foot is no fun, walking in a big boot really was more difficult then I expected. Going to try going without it tomorrow.

Arrived late last night and for the first time in a lot of trips, we did not even come close to our room requests:( We requested building 4 or 7, ground floor and got 2nd floor in building #1. Room is nice, chairs need to be replaced or at the minimum the upholstery cleaned. Beds reminded me of the GF beds, just to soft for me, but did not stop me from sleeping:) Christmas decorations ares up and looking great. We have no issues with the new look of Sassagoula QS, had breakfast ans like the new selections. DW had the steak and eggs and it was pretty good, but we both really liked the Creole Mustard Gravy that came with it, I took some and put it on my eggs:) Went to MK today and waited 5 minutes for bus and when we were leaving I looked and the next MK bus was scheduled to come in 15 minutes. MK was packed, 15+ minute waits just for popcorn or photopasses, but thanks for FP+, we still had a great time. Tomorrow is AK and since we closed MK tonight we will sleep in a bit and then head on over. BTW, doing WDW with a torn tendon in my foot is no fun, walking in a big boot really was more difficult then I expected. Going to try going without it tomorrow.
I'm sorry! Maybe a wheelchair would help so you can sit/be pushed when needed?

Did you fax your room request? Place it on the phone? Place it online? Thanks for the information. I figure all the rooms look rough or they wouldn't be doing a refurb so soon.

Hopefully you enjoy your time!

I figure all the rooms look rough or they wouldn't be doing a refurb so soon.

On the contrary, Disney normally aims to do refurbs before the rooms generally start to look rough. Of course there are always odd exceptions, but at Port Orleans they try to catch those during the 17-week cycle of full deep clear/minor maintenance that every room gets.

Andre

On the contrary, Disney normally aims to do refurbs before the rooms generally start to look rough. Of course there are always odd exceptions, but at Port Orleans they try to catch those during the 17-week cycle of full deep clear/minor maintenance that every room gets.

Andre
That's nice, but that wasn't my experience staying at Riverside either. Our room was in rough condition there. Worse than a chair that needed cleaned, and that resort isn't even scheduled for a refurb at this time. So I don't have very high expectations.

That's nice, but that wasn't my experience staying at Riverside either. Our room was in rough condition there. Worse than a chair that needed cleaned, and that resort isn't even scheduled for a refurb at this time. So I don't have very high expectations.

All I can say is I was there a couple of months ago and the rooms were immaculate - one one we stayed in, and four others that I saw while I was there. But that's not to say some rooms may not have had less-than-careful guests in them.

Andre

Sorry about your foot. I fractured an ankle 3 weeks before my first trip to New Orleans. I took my boot and walked with it the first day...andbit was so annoying. Took it off and was okay the rest of the trip, and of the nigbt my ankle did throb, but it was alllll worth it. Lol

Hope tomorrow's better.

Can anyone tell me if they have the hot chocolate machines at POFQ? I don't care for the bags.

Thanks!

Sorry about your foot. I fractured an ankle 3 weeks before my first trip to New Orleans. I took my boot and walked with it the first day...andbit was so annoying. Took it off and was okay the rest of the trip, and of the nigbt my ankle did throb, but it was alllll worth it. Lol

Hope tomorrow's better.
That is exactly what I did. I used the boot only for that first day and then used a wrap and a stabilizer brace that I also took and just dealt with the pain. My doctor gave me a RX for anti-inflammation pills which really helped at night to get me ready again for the next day. The bad part is that I tore the peroneal tendon, that runs on the outside of the foot and attaches to the little toe, and it is very susceptible to being hit or bumped especially in a crowded park. The boot was not to bad getting around in but was difficult dealing with it on the rides, I never realized how lacking leg room is on a lot of rides.

Clarifying earlier post, I did not say our room looked rough, actually said it was nice. Just a couple of little things and the worst being that both chairs had a bunch of stains on them (we used towels on them) and let the manager know it needed cleaning.

We got back late yesterday and had another great stay at POFQ. CM's were nice and friendly, the grounds were wonderful and quite. Buses were fantastic. I also was very proud of my DD's (8 & 13) they both see that I always stand if the bus is packed, but on this trip after a long day on my injured foot, they told me to sit and that they would stand so that smaller kids or an older person "like you dad", could sit. (got to love them)
Food was good, pasta bar, omelet's, pizza and of course mickey head waffles. The beignets were not as good as the last time we were there, but we still ate them all. LOL
My DW vetoed me on opting out of mousekeeping, she likes to come back to a neat room and the beds made after a long day at the parks. Me, I rather have the $$:) One day while waiting for the rest of the family to get ready I stopped and talked to one of the mousekeepers and I asked her if she liked the option of customers not having daily service. She said that she liked it and that a lot of times she did not have to do anything to a room and at most she would just have to drop off a bag of towels/shampoo's and would pick up the bag of used towels that the customer left outside their door and she can already move on to the next room.

Does anyone have any recent bus experiences here? I haven't stayed on site in almost 5 years but I don't remember it being the awfulness I see on the boards recently.

I'm not going until early May, so I know the situation now may not be so in 5 months and I'll probably check in again around then.

Does anyone have any recent bus experiences here? I haven't stayed on site in almost 5 years but I don't remember it being the awfulness I see on the boards recently.

I'm not going until early May, so I know the situation now may not be so in 5 months and I'll probably check in again around then.
I'll be giving it the ultimate test, NYE weekend. Well, the days before and after the actual weekend at least. The 30th and 31st we won't be using the buses

I will be there soon. Purposely chose it over Riverside because we had such a bad experience with the buses at Riverside in late August/early September of 2016. Really hoping that having just one stop will make a big difference. The scene at Riverside was ridiculous, but all of the bus drivers were the nicest.

I had excellent bus service in November. The only time it took longer was when we left Magic Kingdom in the afternoon, but they don't have as many buses to and from the parks then, to my understanding. And it's wonderful just having the one bus stop!

can anyone tell me if there are coffee makers in the rooms and if so what type? TIA
Yes. The hold a flat puck type of coffee filed filter. Disney provides all you want, prefiled, ready to go in the machine. I think Cuisinart makes their machine but I'm not certain

You can see them in the photos

Yes. The hold a flat puck type of coffee filed filter. Disney provides all you want, prefiled, ready to go in the machine. I think Cuisinart makes their machine but I'm not certain

You can see them in the photos
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter