Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not especially worried about the security checks, as we are used to housekeeping coming in. However, I don't like to be bothered either when I am in the room. Do the rooms no longer have the security bar latch thing so the door can't be opened if someone is changing or something or in the bathroom? Do they do security checks in addition to housekeeping?
The outer doors do still have the security latch bar. the inner bathroom door also has a lock.

Just curious--do they tell you when you check in that this (room check) will happen? I obviously know because I read here, but I'm bringing my parents soon and would prefer someone else to explain it to them...!

Drop off can vary but pick up is often furthest away. In the MK they are far away as they need to use the loops built for the articulated buses which only the value resorts use. Disney Springs is also a long way away. I think the only one that might not be far away is AK but I’m not pisitive about that.

At the end of the day that walk out of MK to the bus stop always seems so far away!!!

Just curious--do they tell you when you check in that this (room check) will happen? I obviously know because I read here, but I'm bringing my parents soon and would prefer someone else to explain it to them...!
No, they don't tell you because that would defeat the purpose of this being a security check.

I also received a letter about the gondola construction-how disruptive is it?
I was going to request a lake view room but now I’m wondering if I should reconsider?

I also received a letter about the gondola construction-how disruptive is it?
I was going to request a lake view room but now I’m wondering if I should reconsider?

We are currently in a lake view room in Building 4. We came back for a midday nap on Monday and could definitely hear some construction related noise. My family could deal with it but my kids are older too. We’ve had no issues during regular sleeping time but they do seem to get started promptly at 9am or so. If you are reliant on midday naps and have little ones easily disturbed by the noise, then you may want to consider a different part of the resort.

Question about the parking lots: If my room is in Building 10, may I park in the 90's lot? 90's lot seems to be closer to that building than the 70's lot.

We are currently in a lake view room in Building 4. We came back for a midday nap on Monday and could definitely hear some construction related noise. My family could deal with it but my kids are older too. We’ve had no issues during regular sleeping time but they do seem to get started promptly at 9am or so. If you are reliant on midday naps and have little ones easily disturbed by the noise, then you may want to consider a different part of the resort.
Thank you,

Thanks for posting this. We have a Standard room booked, and I have the 60's section requested for our end of August trip. We usually RD, and come back to the resort for a break/swim. I'm starting to reconsider this now. We have older kids too, so sleeping isn't the issue, and I liked the idea of being closer to AoA.

What do you think @alhurricane ? With what you've experienced, if you had to do it over again, do you wish you could have requested a different section or is your family OK?

Can Pop Store Refrigerated Items?

We are arriving late morning (Autotrain can arrive anytime between 8am and 10am + a 1 hour drive) and plan on stopping at Trader Joes for milk and yogurt on the way to Pop Century on check in day.

While I know they can hold luggage until our room is ready, can they hold refrigerated items? I was just going to leave our stuff in the car until the room is ready, but milk and yogurt will need a fridge if the room isn’t ready until after 3pm (trying to assume latest possible time) on a hot July afternoon.

Received an email today regarding the construction for the gondolas while we are there in September. I don't mind that it will be occurring as we will be in the parks more then at the resort. I am hoping that construction, at POP anyways, will be completed by Spring for my solo trip but I'm not holding my breath that it will be.
This is interesting. I have a stay in the beginning of December and haven’t received and email about construction though I did for all star movies where I’m staying a few days prior to free dining. I wonder if my email is yet to come or if the pop station will be almost done by then. Really interested to see when they will actually have the system up and running since I’m thinking about taking an extra trip in the spring!

This is interesting. I have a stay in the beginning of December and haven’t received and email about construction though I did for all star movies where I’m staying a few days prior to free dining. I wonder if my email is yet to come or if the pop station will be almost done by then. Really interested to see when they will actually have the system up and running since I’m thinking about taking an extra trip in the spring!
We are staying there October 23 and we didn't get any emails either.

I'm there 10/28-11/4 and no email here either, although I'm considering switching to CSR just because I do love it there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!