Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back home today after a great week. So can I say "I get it now" about the love you all have for the Poly?! We had a fantastic first stay in a Poly studio last weekend. Only real clunker was the weather, but what can you do? Anyway, we were assigned an accessible room and I asked nicely to be moved (we got there at 10am so I thought maybe they could switch us) and they found us a regular room in Pago Pago -garden view not monorail/parking lot. We really liked the location-it was very quiet. Room was in really good shape. Bed was ok (the YC CL beds were much better) and DS said the sleeper was ok. Liked the 2 sinks/showers. Made getting ready easy. We were able to check off a couple of the wish list items this trip-went to Trader Sam's, watched the fireworks/electric light parade from the beach, had the Twilight Feast, had a Dole whip at the Poly and had CG brunch. Pretty busy few days! Only thing we didn't really "get" is the love for the monorail transportation. I can understand it for those with kids in strollers, but otherwise, we didn't find it all that convenient. Guess we're just too used to walking into 2 parks from the Epcot resorts. Hope to get a chance to stay there again!

Back home today after a great week. So can I say "I get it now" about the love you all have for the Poly?! We had a fantastic first stay in a Poly studio last weekend. Only real clunker was the weather, but what can you do? Anyway, we were assigned an accessible room and I asked nicely to be moved (we got there at 10am so I thought maybe they could switch us) and they found us a regular room in Pago Pago -garden view not monorail/parking lot. We really liked the location-it was very quiet. Room was in really good shape. Bed was ok (the YC CL beds were much better) and DS said the sleeper was ok. Liked the 2 sinks/showers. Made getting ready easy. We were able to check off a couple of the wish list items this trip-went to Trader Sam's, watched the fireworks/electric light parade from the beach, had the Twilight Feast, had a Dole whip at the Poly and had CG brunch. Pretty busy few days! Only thing we didn't really "get" is the love for the monorail transportation. I can understand it for those with kids in strollers, but otherwise, we didn't find it all that convenient. Guess we're just too used to walking into 2 parks from the Epcot resorts. Hope to get a chance to stay there again!

I have heard that the price for the Twilight feast went up and the portion size has been reduced. Did you need to order a dinner for each family member in order to have enough food? In the past one order was enough for 2 adults.

I have heard that the price for the Twilight feast went up and the portion size has been reduced. Did you need to order a dinner for each family member in order to have enough food? In the past one order was enough for 2 adults.

This was the first time we had it so I can't comment on a reduced size. I ordered 2 adult portions for DH, DS21 and myself. I'm not a huge eater but DH and DS can put away a good amount.We didn't finish it all and we were all stuffed. I will say that the portion of bread pudding was good sized, for those who were concerned. If you aren't huge eaters I would imagine that 1 order might be sufficient. Oh, and 2 orders was $100 plus tax and gratuity.

We were able to check off a couple of the wish list items this trip-went to Trader Sam's, watched the fireworks/electric light parade from the beach
These are on our list too!! So glad you got to accomplish them!

Guess we're just too used to walking into 2 parks from the Epcot resorts
This will be our first Poly stay too, and we are regulars to the EP resort area, so I think I'm going to find not being able to just walk a little limiting as well. But we'll see.

These are on our list too!! So glad you got to accomplish them!

This will be our first Poly stay too, and we are regulars to the EP resort area, so I think I'm going to find not being able to just walk a little limiting as well. But we'll see.

It wasn't bad, but we did comment on it several times. Had one day we were waiting at the Contemporary for the monorail and someone on a scooter drove off the side of the ramp and was hurt. I didn't see it but people around us did. We waited about 20 minutes for CMs to deal with him (med care, etc). Felt really bad for the man but he refused care, then we were loaded on the monorail. We knew we were stuck at that point for options unless we wanted to walk back to the park.

We are staying at the Poly in July to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We thought briefly about having a vow renewal through Disney’s Weddings on the Poly Beach. We decided against it for two reasons, first, the minimum cost for something small, 4 people total, is $3,500, which for us is a lot after spending $12,000 for our vacation. Second, we really want something more private and intimate within our family without onlookers and an officiant. We thought about gathering the 4 of us on the beach and exchanging vows on our own, but I read somewhere that it would be prohibited. I do not want to break rules or make waves. So I’m thinking about doing it in our room or on the patio.

We already have reservations for two at Narcoossees. I will be wearing a long chiffon dress, and my husband will probably be wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. I realize that we might stand out since even though Narcoossees is an expensive signature restaurant, people still show up in shorts and t-shirts from the parks. We would go to Victoria an Alberts which is more formal, but we prefer the food and gorgeous views at Narcoossees.

I would love some feedback about my plans. If anyone can help me with ideas of what the Polynesian might offer as far as an Anniversary celebration, I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know how far a walk it is from the monorail stop at Grand Floridian to Narcoosees? Would it be closer to take the boat?
We just booked the Fireworks Cruise for our anniversary. So after dining at Narcoossees, we will board our boat and continue the celebration!

This was the first time we had it so I can't comment on a reduced size. I ordered 2 adult portions for DH, DS21 and myself. I'm not a huge eater but DH and DS can put away a good amount.We didn't finish it all and we were all stuffed. I will say that the portion of bread pudding was good sized, for those who were concerned. If you aren't huge eaters I would imagine that 1 order might be sufficient. Oh, and 2 orders was $100 plus tax and gratuity.
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are planning to try this for the first time this summer and not sure how much to order for our family of 4 - two big eaters, 1 medium eater and one small eater. I was thinking 2 meals before they changed the portion size, but now I’m thinking 3. Not sure if it’s bargain anymore, but sounds like fun!

Does anyone know if the Poly laundry vending machine has any options for fragrance free or sensitive fabric softeners? I cant find a travel size in any stores! Thank you for any info or ideas

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are planning to try this for the first time this summer and not sure how much to order for our family of 4 - two big eaters, 1 medium eater and one small eater. I was thinking 2 meals before they changed the portion size, but now I’m thinking 3. Not sure if it’s bargain anymore, but sounds like fun!
We order this every time we go. Last year we had ordered one feast for 1 big eater, two medium and two small eaters and it was still plenty. Unless they dramatically reduced the portion size you may still only need two orders.

Does anyone know if the Poly laundry vending machine has any options for fragrance free or sensitive fabric softeners? I cant find a travel size in any stores! Thank you for any info or ideas
Last time I was there a couple of years back all they had was regular Tide. We called prior to our visit and were told that the vending machines did not offer the sensitive kind. So what we did instead is buy a package of the All Free and Clear pre measured detergent pods and just carried a few of the pods in our luggage.

Last time I was there a couple of years back all they had was regular Tide. We called prior to our visit and were told that the vending machines did not offer the sensitive kind. So what we did instead is buy a package of the All Free and Clear pre measured detergent pods and just carried a few of the pods in our luggage.
Thanks for the info. My sensitive-skinned family couldn't handle any detergent but All Free and Clear.

Thank you! I use downy free and clear for fabric softener..did you use any or just skip it?

Thank you! I use downy free and clear for fabric softener..did you use any or just skip it?
We did use the detergent pods we brought along but don't use any fabric softener. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I will be at the Poly next week. I'll check the laundry area to see what the current vending options are and will post an update upon my return.

We just did the twilight feast earlier this month. The CM on the phone advised that the portion size was reduced. So, we ordered 1 for each adult and had the 2 kids split one (there is not a kids portion anymore.)

We had leftovers for days. I can’t imagine how large the portions used to be! We would have been fine splitting adult portions. We aren’t big eaters but not very light eaters either. We ate a lot and there was still plenty left.

I would order 3 for your group based on your description of how they eat. You may still have leftovers, though! We found it to still be a lot of food.

We order this every time we go. Last year we had ordered one feast for 1 big eater, two medium and two small eaters and it was still plenty. Unless they dramatically reduced the portion size you may still only need two orders.
1 order for 5 people?! Sheesh it must have been a ton of food. No wonder they changed things up.

We did use the detergent pods we brought along but don't use any fabric softener. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I will be at the Poly next week. I'll check the laundry area to see what the current vending options are and will post an update upon my return.
That would be great!! Thank you so much I hope you have a magical time

Woohoo our rental request came through! We are officially booked in a Poly Studio next April for the first part of our trip before we switch to AKL (because I love Kidani).

We are doing this in October except we are doing AKL - Kidani first and then moving to the Poly. We can't wait. Congrats on getting what you wanted also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter