Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier someone mentioned the new standard category includes Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokelau. However, I understand the Poly is completely booked the week I'm there and a lot of people booked standard before it was re-categorized. So I wonder if there will be people paying for standard spilling over into those other newly changed categories...?

Earlier someone mentioned the new standard category includes Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokelau. However, I understand the Poly is completely booked the week I'm there and a lot of people booked standard before it was re-categorized. So I wonder if there will be people paying for standard spilling over into those other newly changed categories...?

Just to be clear, those buildings you mention have Standard Deluxe Studios, ie DVC rooms, not regular Standard rooms.

Any news on what is standard view vs pool/marina view? We’ve stayed in Fiji before, facing the beach, and loved it. It was 3rd floor and we were just thrilled.
Not sure if we should request that again, or possibly try for Niue or Rarotonga. We booked a standard room - so I’m not even sure those two buildings will still be standard?
I remember some sketchy reviews about ground level rooms but can’t remember what building. Something about possible water damage or flooding/ponding water in the room. Any insight about that?

Not sure if the posts you are referring to are the ones about having issues of flooding in the bathroom from getting an accessible room with a roll in shower and the bathroom having water everywhere from that. I have seen quite a few posts about that so I am guessing that is it. We were given an accessible room once at The Pop and it really was a mess every time we showered because their is no lip at all on the shower the entire bathroom floor is tiled and their is a drain in the shower area but the water definitely spilled all over.

86 Days and counting!!! Arriving in April for a 10 night trip and this is our First ever stay at the Poly, and First ever stay Club level!!!! Just very excited for my kids (8,6,2) to see the pool, the room, the monorail, the boats, the fireworks, etc ..... sorry can't contain myself and figured this is the best thread to get excited on!!!!!!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

We check in on Saturday for 9 days! Can’t wait! First time staying in the DVC...renting points.

Have a great time! :yay:

We waited till DD was 7 to take her on the obligatory trip to WDW. I had never been and expected it to be a one and done. I never thought my husband and I would become Disney fanatics!
THIS. Same story here. My son was 6 and (first world problems time) we were going to Hawaii later in the year to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. He being a bouncy kid, I did NOT want his first plane ride to be 7 hours long, so I thought hey, we'll make the obligatory Disney trip and... Yeah. Hooked.
:love:

Hi y'all! When the MK fireworks are at 9pm, what's the current procedure for the water parade in front of the Poly beach? I've seen the water parade changed to 8:50pm, but I've also seen it running simultaneously with the fireworks (with no parade music). Anyone know the current procedure? TIA!

Hi everyone! My sister is looking into renting DVC points for a trip and was considering a studio villa with standard view. She was wondering if all of these rooms have balconies (obviously not if you're on 1st floor). I know absolutely nothing about the Poly so I told her I would ask you guys, the experts! Thanks for any information!

Hi everyone! My sister is looking into renting DVC points for a trip and was considering a studio villa with standard view. She was wondering if all of these rooms have balconies (obviously not if you're on 1st floor). I know absolutely nothing about the Poly so I told her I would ask you guys, the experts! Thanks for any information!

I believe they all have balconies or patios. You don't necessarily have a view of anything interesting though.

@FireflyTrance is correct, all the Villa (DVC) longhouses has balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor and patios on the first floor.

This is different than the resort side longhouses, which don't have balconies on the 2nd floor.

Hi! We are headed down for our first stay at the Poly next week. We have a standard studio reserved. My husband will need to travel to the GF conference center each morning. Is the best bet to monorail over? It looks like the walk may be a bit long, as the conference center is on the other side of the GF property. Thanks!

Hi! We are headed down for our first stay at the Poly next week. We have a standard studio reserved. My husband will need to travel to the GF conference center each morning. Is the best bet to monorail over? It looks like the walk may be a bit long, as the conference center is on the other side of the GF property. Thanks!

I have no clue where the conference center is, but the walk between the Poly GF is beautiful and peaceful. It took us 20 min from Narcoossee's to Poly GCH one evening and I couldn't think of a better way to begin the morning that taking that peaceful walk to the GF. ;)

I'd consider the monorail a good plan. It's certainly walkable but in conference wear I'd not want to do it heading there for the day. On the way back I'd probably walk though.

We waited till DD was 7 to take her on the obligatory trip to WDW. I had never been and expected it to be a one and done. I never thought my husband and I would become Disney fanatics!

THIS. Same story here. My son was 6 and (first world problems time) we were going to Hawaii later in the year to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. He being a bouncy kid, I did NOT want his first plane ride to be 7 hours long, so I thought hey, we'll make the obligatory Disney trip and... Yeah. Hooked.
:love:

LOL seems there is a running theme here, add me to the club!

In 2001 my DSIL announced she was getting married on Cocoa Beach. When I started looking for flights I realized how close to WDW this was. DS was 6 and I thought that as long as we were going to fly down we might as well go ahead and get the "obligatory" Disney trip out of the way. We've been every year since then. My son is now 23 and we are going in May to celebrate his college graduation-unbelievable to me that it's been that long! Can't wait to surprise him with the Poly!

LOL seems there is a running theme here, add me to the club!

In 2001 my DSIL announced she was getting married on Cocoa Beach. When I started looking for flights I realized how close to WDW this was. DS was 6 and I thought that as long as we were going to fly down we might as well go ahead and get the "obligatory" Disney trip out of the way. We've been every year since then. My son is now 23 and we are going in May to celebrate his college graduation-unbelievable to me that it's been that long! Can't wait to surprise him with the Poly!
I love it!
People think I am crazy when I talk about my big 25th Wedding Anniversary trip when I tell them we are spending it at WDW. I guess they expect me to say that we’re going to Europe or Bermuda. My family is so hooked. DD wants to be married there. OMG, BIG BUCKS! My nickname at work is “Disney.” It’s out of control, and I love it!

I love it!
People think I am crazy when I talk about my big 25th Wedding Anniversary trip when I tell them we are spending it at WDW. I guess they expect me to say that we’re going to Europe or Bermuda. My family is so hooked. DD wants to be married there. OMG, BIG BUCKS! My nickname at work is “Disney.” It’s out of control, and I love it!

That's awesome! And yes, "normal" people don't understand it at all! We've done a couple of adult only trips and people ask why go to Disney with no kids? Only us Disney infected get it!

As a pp said, the walk is along a nice, scenic path and doesn't take too long (about 10-20 min, depending on your pace). With that said, I think I'd monorail over in the morning and maybe walk back to the Poly after the conference :).

Thanks for all the info! We're excited for our stay there in a few weeks!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

I love it!

Our kids are in their early 20's. Last year we celebrated our 30th anniversary and FIRST trip EVER w/o kids. We considered Europe, Hawaii (our honeymoon destination) BUT we decided in the Poly (that is very close to Hawaii, yes?). We had the most wonderful, relaxing vacation ever, just the two of us. So much so, we are returning in May!

Last edited:

We had the opportunity to take DD to DL when she was 4 because my husband was doing a research project at UCLA and we joined him in CA for a couple of weeks. At first I said we should pass on DL due to the costs but he said that all she talked about was meeting Buzz so we HAD to take her. I too thought it would be a one and done thing. Nope! The next summer, we were living closer to WDW so we decided to go there and we haven't stopped 14 years later! WDW, DLP, DCL, DL, DVC... it's all just amazing!!! DH isn't as addicted as the kids and I are but he enjoys it too :-)

Our kids are in their early 20's. Last year we celebrated our 30th anniversary and FIRST trip EVER w/o kids. We considered Europe, Hawaii (our honeymoon destination) BUT we decided in the Poly (that is very close to Hawaii, yes?). We had the most wonderful, relaxing vacation ever, just the two of us. So much so, we are returning in May!
The Poly is great, but Aulani in Hawaii is truly amazing! I'd absolutely recommend adding it to your future vacation plans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter