Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the one you were quoting, but we stayed in a handicapped room so I can answer. We did not like the room and make sure to make sure at check in that we don't get one since then. The shower was the big problem. It was a roll in shower and there was no lip of any kind to keep the water in the shower so the bathroom flooded every time you took a shower. It was a mess. We used all the towels everyday sopping up the bathroom floor.
That would be terrible. Thanks for the info.

We are in flight now heading towards our first ever stay at the Poly. Thanks to everyone for such a helpful thread! I haven’t posted much but have been following along since we booked last June. Thanks to Tikiman for his amazing site.

Have a great time! :wizard:

First of all, my apologies if this has already been addressed in recent posts...I was watching a room tour video at the Poly which was supposedly recorded in 2017. The individual who made the video indicated that the room was recently refurbished but I didn't think that the Poly rooms had been updated in recent years. Does anyone know when the last time was that the rooms were updated?
They switched out the bedding a few years ago from bed spreads to the double sheet thing, maybe that was what they were referring to.

86 Days and counting!!! Arriving in April for a 10 night trip and this is our First ever stay at the Poly, and First ever stay Club level!!!! Just very excited for my kids (8,6,2) to see the pool, the room, the monorail, the boats, the fireworks, etc ..... sorry can't contain myself and figured this is the best thread to get excited on!!!!!!

Side note we are staying Lagoon view....Is there any type of chart that shows lagoon view rooms in the Hawaii building???? thanks for help!!!

There is a room finder on touringplans.com and you can see pretty easily which rooms in that building would be lagoon view. You can actually see pictures of the views of the rooms. I'm not sure if you need a subscription for that or not (I don't think so, but I do have a subscription, so I can't be sure).

86 Days and counting!!! Arriving in April for a 10 night trip and this is our First ever stay at the Poly, and First ever stay Club level!!!! Just very excited for my kids (8,6,2) to see the pool, the room, the monorail, the boats, the fireworks, etc ..... sorry can't contain myself and figured this is the best thread to get excited on!!!!!!

Side note we are staying Lagoon view....Is there any type of chart that shows lagoon view rooms in the Hawaii building???? thanks for help!!!
87 days until my first Poly stay!! See you there! We are staying in a studio - renting points from friends. I can't wait!! My kids will be just turned 2 and almost 4.

87 days until my first Poly stay!! See you there! We are staying in a studio - renting points from friends. I can't wait!! My kids will be just turned 2 and almost 4.

That is awesome!!! So your just as excited and anxious as our family!!! It will be here before we know it :)

There is a room finder on touringplans.com and you can see pretty easily which rooms in that building would be lagoon view. You can actually see pictures of the views of the rooms. I'm not sure if you need a subscription for that or not (I don't think so, but I do have a subscription, so I can't be sure).

I actually have a subscription and have looked at it but it was curious if there are exact room numbers that are considered lagoon view. I guess more specifically if any rooms on third floor (which is where I’d love to stay) are considered lagoon view or if those are only theme park view

That is awesome!!! So your just as excited and anxious as our family!!! It will be here before we know it :)
My son and I are incredibly excited but my husband could take it or leave it lol. He doesn't "get" Disney. My mom and I have taken my kids 3 times already but this will be his first trip. I really hope he enjoys it as much as I do!!

My son and I are incredibly excited but my husband could take it or leave it lol. He doesn't "get" Disney. My mom and I have taken my kids 3 times already but this will be his first trip. I really hope he enjoys it as much as I do!!

That's so funny....In this family I'm the Disney nut but my wife just kind of goes along with it...she doesn't really "get" disney either lol She can't take how much I talk about it with the kids and get them all riled up but I can't help it!!!!

That's so funny....In this family I'm the Disney nut but my wife just kind of goes along with it...she doesn't really "get" disney either lol She can't take how much I talk about it with the kids and get them all riled up but I can't help it!!!!
Haha, that's hilarious! I grew up going to Disney yearly but my DH has only spent one day at MK when he was in his early 20's and one day at Epcot with me 4-5 years ago. I'm hoping this trip changes his tune since he will get the true Disney experience!

I actually have a subscription and have looked at it but it was curious if there are exact room numbers that are considered lagoon view. I guess more specifically if any rooms on third floor (which is where I’d love to stay) are considered lagoon view or if those are only theme park view
Theme park view isn’t new so the categories should be correct.

We waited till DD was 7 to take her on the obligatory trip to WDW. I had never been and expected it to be a one and done. I never thought my husband and I would become Disney fanatics!

DVC is designed to run at full capacity. If the HA units are not specifically booked, they do get assigned to other bookings. When the resort is full, someone will end up in HA. It's one of the risks of DVC.

Hllb I cannot seem to find room views on touring plans. I have a subscription where should I look? Thanks so much

There are very few - like two - LV rooms on the third floor of Hawaii. Most third floor rooms that face the beach are TPV rooms. The few LV rooms are ones where a palm tree blocks the immediate view corridor to the castle.

There are a few more on the second floor (a few more shorter palm trees at that level).

The large majority of LV rooms are on the first floor.

There is a lot of inconsistent and inaccurate information/room maps out there regarding the LV and TPV rooms in Hawaii since the Bungalows were built. A lot of folks on the CL thread have first-hand experience and can be a valuable resource.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Any news on what is standard view vs pool/marina view? We’ve stayed in Fiji before, facing the beach, and loved it. It was 3rd floor and we were just thrilled.
Not sure if we should request that again, or possibly try for Niue or Rarotonga. We booked a standard room - so I’m not even sure those two buildings will still be standard?
I remember some sketchy reviews about ground level rooms but can’t remember what building. Something about possible water damage or flooding/ponding water in the room. Any insight about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!