Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a Poly Standard View Booked but am considering seeing about paying for an upgrade (If they have availability). The price differential on the next to categories are similar so if you could choose between Club Level Standard or a Lagoon View which would you select?

Would you make use of the food in the club level? If you have the dining plan, you likely wouldn't need the club level. If you don't have dining plan, it could be worth the expense, especially if you planned on taking breaks in the late afternoon.

I was really tempted to get a better view room, but, we don't plan to spend much time in our room. So, I thought it really wouldn't be worth the money.

Big caveat - I've never stayed at Poly. This will be our first time.

I currently have a Poly Standard View Booked but am considering seeing about paying for an upgrade (If they have availability). The price differential on the next to categories are similar so if you could choose between Club Level Standard or a Lagoon View which would you select?
If it was me I would choose club level. We like the conveniences of the club level offerings as well as the club level location. The room choices for CL(I think) are TPV or Garden view and we have done garden view and are fine with the view.

If the lagoon view is more important to you than the club level offerings, you might want lagoon view. All the rooms we have stayed in have had great views (standard and club level garden) but we really like the club level conveniences for our family and we don't do the dining plan.

We have our first stay at Poly coming up in Feb. Are there any activities (especially kid oriented) that go on during the day time? Such as a pool/beach party or other kids activities like crafts? I'm trying to plan out a resort day, and I am not sure if the weather will be warm enough for swimming in Feb. TIA!

We have our first stay at Poly coming up in Feb. Are there any activities (especially kid oriented) that go on during the day time? Such as a pool/beach party or other kids activities like crafts? I'm trying to plan out a resort day, and I am not sure if the weather will be warm enough for swimming in Feb. TIA!

Hi there - this link may help: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PolyCalendar.pdf

It’s for November, but it’ll be substantially similar in Feb, give or take.

We’ve been in Feb a few times and the weather is hit or miss. We’ve had more swimming days than not, but it varies. Disney pools are heated so you can swim when it’s otherwise a bit too chilly - you just might not want to get out!

Can someone explain the whole "fax your room request" thing? Obviously we all know that you can't make your selections anymore on MDE website. Is the fax number for specific resorts posted somewhere? I'm doing a split stay between AKL Savanna and the Poly Standard View and wanted to try to request a good standard view room at the Poly.

Thanks for the help!

My family will be there in Feb too (also our first visit).
I peeked at the calendar of events - they have things like games, hula dancing and a pool party.
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PolyCalendar.pdf
I'm hoping it will be warm enough to swim at least once!

Can someone explain the whole "fax your room request" thing? Obviously we all know that you can't make your selections anymore on MDE website. Is the fax number for specific resorts posted somewhere? I'm doing a split stay between AKL Savanna and the Poly Standard View and wanted to try to request a good standard view room at the Poly.

Thanks for the help!
Check out the Touring Plans website for room categories and fax numbers. We faxed a request to the Poly for our trip in October and got a great room!

Check out the Touring Plans website for room categories and fax numbers. We faxed a request to the Poly for our trip in October and got a great room!

I'm not going to pay a subscription just to get a fax number. I'll try to call the hotel I guess.

Thanks.

Hi,

I just booked a villa room for next Oct for my family. Does anyone know which building(s) those rooms are in? I was deciding between that room and Club Level...it seemed there was a little more room in the villa. Thanks.

29 days until check in at the Polynesian!!! :banana:

:cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

My choice would be CL. We don't usually pay extra for views, but we love staying CL as we like having the lounge for another place to sit and relax, rather than in our room or around the resort :).

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time at the Poly :goodvibes.

My family will be there in Feb too (also our first visit).

The Poly is amazing, hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Hi,

I just booked a villa room for next Oct for my family. Does anyone know which building(s) those rooms are in? I was deciding between that room and Club Level...it seemed there was a little more room in the villa. Thanks.

The DVC buildings are Moorea, Tokelau, Pago Pago :).

Can anyone tell me if the Christmas tree is up in the GCH yet? I’m hoping to get some Christmas card pics this weekend!

:cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

My choice would be CL. We don't usually pay extra for views, but we love staying CL as we like having the lounge for another place to sit and relax, rather than in our room or around the resort :).

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time at the Poly :goodvibes.

The Poly is amazing, hope you have a great time :wizard:.

The DVC buildings are Moorea, Tokelau, Pago Pago :).

Thank You!

You don't have to subscribe to see the fax number - only to have them send the automatic fax on your behalf. Check out the "Overview" box on the right side of this page: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/disneys-polynesian-resort

Not to beat a dead horse here, but if one has a Standard Room reservation and goes to look at their resort map/room views, there isn't even an option for Standard View. The only "standard" related option is Standard/Studio, which is obviously not what I reserved?

Not to beat a dead horse here, but if one has a Standard Room reservation and goes to look at their resort map/room views, there isn't even an option for Standard View. The only "standard" related option is Standard/Studio, which is obviously not what I reserved?

They are listed under Garden. They haven't split out Standard vs. Pool yet, though, so if you're checking in after January 1 some of what is shown in Harden is no longer Standard. My understanding is they are working to update the definitions.

Can anyone tell me if the Christmas tree is up in the GCH yet? I’m hoping to get some Christmas card pics this weekend!

It wasn't up as of Saturday when I left. I'm assuming it's going up any day now if it hasn't been put up already.

Yeah, what @_auroraborealis_ said. The Standard Room cateogory is new and TP hasn’t been updated yet.

To add my two cents about the faxing thing... I’m not a fax guy... I just call the main reservation line and ask to have any requests added to my reservation. Plenty of people do fax requests themselves or use TP, but the calling has always worked pretty well for me.

One more question...sorry. If I book a marina/pool view room at Poly, does that basically mean the Samoa building? TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter