Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked an Oasis Pool cabana/patio for October 16! Full Day (10am-7pm) was $58.58. The CM did ask how many are in my party (2 adults, 2 kids both 10 yro). Has anyone else used the cabanas there? What are your experiences or tips? Also, I was wondering if room service can be delivered to the cabana? I would LOVE to have our Twilight Feast poolside! #agirlcandream
Someone posted earlier in the thread that they did in fact enjoy the twilight feast in the cabana! There are several cabana posts here if you search the thread. We have a 1/2 day reserved on the 13th ourselves :)

We stayed in that same room from 8/26-9/4. I did notice the towel rack and poor paint touch up. The mouse keepers knew about the towel rack, I let them know, should have been fixed before your stay. We liked the room overall for location and very quiet except for one night we heard screeching frogs all night, did you ever hear them? So annoying. I googled the frogs and that was the sound, the front desk also told us it was frogs! Hope your stay was okay overall!

OMG I stayed in same room and those frogs kept me up for 2 whole nights! I couldn't believe it!

Question: I know we can go straight to the room, but we should definitely not do that and go through the GHC and stop at the concierge right? We want to make sure we get our leis and get the full Poly experience.

Clearly this is a matter of opinion, but for us, the staff was outside giving leis' to guests as we got off the ME bus; however, I still went to the front desk. I didn't have any questions, so we could have skipped this step, but I did grab park maps (keepsakes) and a resort map for everyone in the family.

I just booked an Oasis Pool cabana/patio for October 16! Full Day (10am-7pm) was $58.58. The CM did ask how many are in my party (2 adults, 2 kids both 10 yro). Has anyone else used the cabanas there? What are your experiences or tips? Also, I was wondering if room service can be delivered to the cabana? I would LOVE to have our Twilight Feast poolside! #agirlcandream

A tip I have for the cabanas.....don't waste your time going to check in. I called concierge to ask where I check in. They told me I had to go near the boat dock (others with more experience can chime in with better detail). I wasn't going to walk to the boat dock area to check in for the pool that was right outside my building (Samoa)....we had no issues whatsoever.

I would highly recommend the cabanas. For the price, you can't beat having a reserved spot with a couch, table, and chairs....plus they put towels out for you.

A tip I have for the cabanas.....don't waste your time going to check in. I called concierge to ask where I check in. They told me I had to go near the boat dock (others with more experience can chime in with better detail). I wasn't going to walk to the boat dock area to check in for the pool that was right outside my building (Samoa)....we had no issues whatsoever.

I would highly recommend the cabanas. For the price, you can't beat having a reserved spot with a couch, table, and chairs....plus they put towels out for you.
Did you just go right to the cabana?

I like your idea and plan to copy it so took the time to search and lol and behold there it was!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3398524/page-529#post-57670509

Read the post by princessemsmom).

Got our room assignment, requested first floor Raratonga or Niue and got first floor monorail view side of Aotearoa. At least it's still first floor, and the kids will probably like the monorail more than I'll like being closer to the pools.

Sorry you didn't get one of the longhouses you requested, but glad you are happy with your room. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Sorry you didn't get one of the longhouses you requested, but glad you are happy with your room. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.
We liked Aotearoa a lot, mostly because it was very close to the GCH (which helped at breakfast time), and we had a great view of the fireworks at MK from just outside the Hall.

Anyone willing to share late check-in experiences @ Poly?

Upcoming trip, I booked a standard room for a busy sold-out week. Did online check-in. Listed preference of 3rd floor garden view.

Not able to check-in until 11pm on a Friday night due to flight.

Hoping we don't get that last room that nobody wanted that looks out to a shipping dock, dumpster, or a room with broken fixtures, etc...

Anyone willing to share late check-in experiences @ Poly?

Upcoming trip, I booked a standard room for a busy sold-out week. Did online check-in. Listed preference of 3rd floor garden view.

Not able to check-in until 11pm on a Friday night due to flight.

Hoping we don't get that last room that nobody wanted that looks out to a shipping dock, dumpster, or a room with broken fixtures, etc...
If you get a room ready text or e-mail, Disney cannot reassign that room since it is yours. If you do not see one around 3/4pm, I would call and ask about the room and request it to be sent.

Tried our first split stay. We're at kidani but although it's nice, we are counting down days till we check in to POLY. 2 days to go. Lesson learned- just book POLY from now on because I will always compare everything to it- and NOTHING will come close.

Hope you are having a great trip. We love AKL, but the Poly will always be our favorite! Enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

I know that this may not be completely on topic, but how many DVC Poly Owners were extra giddy about their first trip "home"?
We fell in love with the Poly back in 2012 and haven't been back since. Can't wait to see all of the resort changes since our last trip...
We are bringing our best friends with us this time, along with their 6 year old twin girls.
I will be the crazy one in the CHAOS COORDINATOR shirt, with happy tears streaming down her cheeks

Question, that I know has probably been asked a few times = we requested joining standard view studio rooms. We arrive around 4pm. IF by chance our rooms are not together, is it worth stopping by the front desk to ask if we could move to rooms that are joining rooms?

Just booked for May 12th week 2018!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

That's a great time of year to go! Enjoy!

I agree :).

Question, that I know has probably been asked a few times = we requested joining standard view studio rooms. We arrive around 4pm. IF by chance our rooms are not together, is it worth stopping by the front desk to ask if we could move to rooms that are joining rooms?

We've never stayed in a studio, but I don't see why you couldn't ask for different rooms if they aren't close by/together. Hopefully others who are more familiar with the studios will be able to give some input/suggestions :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!