Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one; on a resort-only day with our kids - 4yo boy and 7yo girl...

Spirit of Aloha or O'Hanna - this would strictly be a dinner thing to do in the early evening.

We've never done either as a family so it'd be a first for everyone...

For us, our 'resort days' never tend to go as planned. If I book a dinner, then we inevitably aren't ready to get out of the pool, are doing a pool game/activity, just enjoying ourselves, whatever. Sometimes I like just letting the day wind down at the pool more than trying to force an evening dinner/activity.

But for us SOA would be too much/too long with kids our ages. Ohana would be a better fit if I were wanting to do a sit down dinner. I tend to like early Ohana vs late Ohana because it can get really backed up and all of a sudden it starts taking forever, which at least for us and our kids, can quickly backfire! LOL!

Have fun.

For us, our 'resort days' never tend to go as planned. If I book a dinner, then we inevitably aren't ready to get out of the pool, are doing a pool game/activity, just enjoying ourselves, whatever. Sometimes I like just letting the day wind down at the pool more than trying to force an evening dinner/activity.

But for us SOA would be too much/too long with kids our ages. Ohana would be a better fit if I were wanting to do a sit down dinner. I tend to like early Ohana vs late Ohana because it can get really backed up and all of a sudden it starts taking forever, which at least for us and our kids, can quickly backfire! LOL!

Have fun.

That's how our resort days tend to go as well!

Here's another one; on a resort-only day with our kids - 4yo boy and 7yo girl...

Spirit of Aloha or O'Hanna - this would strictly be a dinner thing to do in the early evening.

We've never done either as a family so it'd be a first for everyone...

We went to SoA when our kids were around age 7 (twins). They thought the show was great, but take that with a grain of salt because they think everything in Disney is great - lol. Imo, I think it's nice to experience SoA once, but we haven't booked it again. Just didn't think it was one of those "wow" things to repeat. Ohana dinner, on the other hand, we've been going to that since my girls were babies. Almost every single trip. That is a must-do for us!

When driving in, do I pull up to the front or do I park and check in and then worry about luggage later?
Thanks!

We like to park, check in first then get our luggage afterwards. We usually move our car closer to whichever longhouse we get anyways. Plus this means our kids don't get stuck waiting at the side with all the suitcases. They want to be free to explore and enjoy the lobby too!

What's the current state of resort-specific merchandise for sale at the Poly? Good stuff available?
We were there in Nov and there was some Poly merch at Boutiki. I believe they had a mens and ladies tee and a hoodie. I know there was a coffee mug, maybe a picture frame, a pin or two, a car sticker, some tiki mugs and probably a few things I can't remember.

What's the current state of resort-specific merchandise for sale at the Poly? Good stuff available?

We were there this past May and didn't see much. Only trading pins, the Polynesian Resort Mickey magnet and key chain. I bought the magnet and key chain since they didn't have them on our last trip. Nothing else that said Polynesian Resort on it. There was a nice wooden tiki bordered frame but only the display one was left so I didn't buy it. I didn't pay attention to the clothing though.

You could do either, but most folks will find it easier to pull up to the front and unload your bags. You can either have bell services assist with your luggage or another family member can take them while you go park.

We like to park, check in first then get our luggage afterwards. We usually move our car closer to whichever longhouse we get anyways. Plus this means our kids don't get stuck waiting at the side with all the suitcases. They want to be free to explore and enjoy the lobby too!

Thanks! It'll just be me and my 2 year old, so I think I'll unload the luggage with bell services and then park. 2 weeks! :car:

Anybody who stayed recently know if there are USB ports for charging by the outlets? Trying to figure out the variety of chargers and cables I need to pack for all our gear. Thanks!

Anybody who stayed recently know if there are USB ports for charging by the outlets? Trying to figure out the variety of chargers and cables I need to pack for all our gear. Thanks!

In their photos, you can see them.

Yes, bell services will transfer luggage but what I'm not sure about is if they come to your room upon request at the values. I 'think' the values have a reduced level of bell services and you have to bring your luggage yourself? I could be WAY off on that info so don't take it as gospel. Hopefully someone that knows for sure can reply.

Side note, glad you have a room for that weekend. I keep trying to plan something for that weekend and can't find squat! :-)

Have a great trip!
Thank you!!

So another luggage question...since we are having bell services move everything from ASM to the Poly, should I place luggage tags and locks on every bag? Now I'm second guessing myself about not having a car to keep things locked in while we're at the park in between resorts!! Does this make sense? Am I just overthinking things?

So another luggage question...since we are having bell services move everything from ASM to the Poly, should I place luggage tags and locks on every bag? Now I'm second guessing myself about not having a car to keep things locked in while we're at the park in between resorts!! Does this make sense? Am I just overthinking things?
I have done many split stays. I usually do just send my bags. I know it will be not before 1 but as late as 5 so plan for that.

You can take a pic of your luggage in case they can't find it. (Read that here somewhere) . I don't lock and I send electronics. I do keep my id's and cash with me tho.

I have stayed from pop to gf and never had anything problems.

Sometimes I will taxi over in the morning if cl for breakfast then leave bags and go to park. I have walked my bags too if close enough.

For your split I would send bags and go to MK and mono into park when you ready. OR send bags go to a different park and take bus to poly when ready. (In case you didn't have experience.)

Plan 3 cheap. Send bags , take bus to MK, mono or boat to poly and check in early. Then head to park/pool. This is nice if you want to get an early room. Best time is early while they rooms left from day before.

Hope that helps :flower1:

Hate that they took out ceiling fans!! They sure needed new plugs, in our last room the plugs on the desk were all worn out, some didn't work. What's the small H2O tubes? New? How many chocolates did you bring home. Lol! I'm still working on my GF ones. I don't want to eat the ones with GF on them :worried: sad they went generic.

I have done many split stays. I usually do just send my bags. I know it will be not before 1 but as late as 5 so plan for that.

You can take a pic of your luggage in case they can't find it. (Read that here somewhere) . I don't lock and I send electronics. I do keep my id's and cash with me tho.

I have stayed from pop to gf and never had anything problems.

Sometimes I will taxi over in the morning if cl for breakfast then leave bags and go to park. I have walked my bags too if close enough.

For your split I would send bags and go to MK and mono into park when you ready. OR send bags go to a different park and take bus to poly when ready. (In case you didn't have experience.)

Plan 3 cheap. Send bags , take bus to MK, mono or boat to poly and check in early. Then head to park/pool. This is nice if you want to get an early room. Best time is early while they rooms left from day before.

Hope that helps :flower1:
I always take cab with luggage early morning and do early check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!