Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...we are going back and forth between doing club level lagoon view, or club level theme park view next summer.

The last time we stayed at the Poly we did club level theme park view and it was awesome...eventually. The first room they put us in was on the 2nd floor, without the balcony. We asked to be moved to the 3rd floor and they granted our request the next morning. :goodvibes What a world of difference that switch made! The 3rd floor balcony gives you a great sweeping view of the whole lagoon area. On the 2nd floor, without the balcony, you are really restricted in what you can see to the left and to the right, in my opinion. I still think that the balcony-less rooms should cost less than the balcony rooms...that's how much of a difference it made to us. In fact, when we moved to the 3rd floor and stepped out onto the balcony, both my DH and I said, "I can't believe this room is the same price as the other room!" Plus, with the balcony, we were able to take a drink and sit out there and enjoy the view. In the 2nd floor room we would have had to pull chairs right up to the "rail" and look out from inside our room. No view left and right, just straight ahead...and through bars.

I have been checking out Tikiman's website a lot (He really is a Poly rockstar!). Anyway, I really want to request a 3rd floor room on our next trip. I'm not so concerned with having a perfect view of the castle...I'm happy as long as I can see the lagoon. But, my thought it that if we book "lagoon view" we'd have almost no chance of getting 3rd floor, right? I think almost all the 3rd floor rooms are TPV if Tikiman's website is accurate.

The last time we stayed at the Poly the bungalows weren't there yet. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the first floor rooms (even with the full patio) and having to look between the bungalows to see the water.

I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who has stayed CL Lagoon View or CL Theme Park View recently. What floor were you on and how was your view? Thanks!!

Is the torch lighting and/or campfire worth going to with young kids?

How young? For us (kids 7 and 3 at the moment), the campfire/marshmallow roast is a must do if we're around the resort. A fun (and free) way to end the day and a beautiful setting on the shores of the 7 Seas Lagoon. Doesn't get much better than that to me.

The torch lighting thing is cute, but not something I go out of my way to see. If we happen to be around/walking by when it's going on, we'll stop - but otherwise I hate to admit it's sort of a snoozer for us. (Just one person's opinion)

We are checking out of All Stars Movies and checking into the Poly on October 8. I understand that bell services will transfer our luggage but do they come to your room after it or do you have to take it to bell services yourself?
We'll be flying in this time and using DME so no personal car.

Yes, bell services will transfer luggage but what I'm not sure about is if they come to your room upon request at the values. I 'think' the values have a reduced level of bell services and you have to bring your luggage yourself? I could be WAY off on that info so don't take it as gospel. Hopefully someone that knows for sure can reply.

Side note, glad you have a room for that weekend. I keep trying to plan something for that weekend and can't find squat! :-)

Have a great trip!

Yes, bell services will transfer luggage but what I'm not sure about is if they come to your room upon request at the values. I 'think' the values have a reduced level of bell services and you have to bring your luggage yourself? I could be WAY off on that info so don't take it as gospel. Hopefully someone that knows for sure can reply.

Side note, glad you have a room for that weekend. I keep trying to plan something for that weekend and can't find squat! :-)

Have a great trip!

We stayed at Pop in May and had them come get our luggage when we checked out.

How young? For us (kids 7 and 3 at the moment), the campfire/marshmallow roast is a must do if we're around the resort. A fun (and free) way to end the day and a beautiful setting on the shores of the 7 Seas Lagoon. Doesn't get much better than that to me.

The torch lighting thing is cute, but not something I go out of my way to see. If we happen to be around/walking by when it's going on, we'll stop - but otherwise I hate to admit it's sort of a snoozer for us. (Just one person's opinion)
I would agree. Mine are 8 and 6. We caught the torch lighting ceremony once (just happened to be walking by). It was impressive, but not something I'd go out of my way to plan for.

Here's another one; on a resort-only day with our kids - 4yo boy and 7yo girl...

Spirit of Aloha or O'Hanna - this would strictly be a dinner thing to do in the early evening.

We've never done either as a family so it'd be a first for everyone...

Here's another one; on a resort-only day with our kids - 4yo boy and 7yo girl...

Spirit of Aloha or O'Hanna - this would strictly be a dinner thing to do in the early evening.

'Ohana gets our vote. The food is kid friendly. DD7 will put herself into a food coma on the wings and pot stickers.

I enjoy SOA but DD got bored with it.

I haven't been to either but have read a lot about both in advance of our upcoming Poly stay with four grandkids (ages 1-5) next May. I am pretty sure our grandkids would get bored with the Aloha show. But your kids may be different. We have decided it would be most relaxing for us all to order 'Ohana as room service and either eat in the room or preferably by the pool. So there is that option if you don't care about missing the restaurant antics. Our crew makes enough antics on their own lol! Plus our grandkids are very light eaters. With room service 'Ohana we can order a fewer number of entrees than people we have since the portions are huge.

Thanks - very helpful! Our kids will be 5 and 2.5, so I think the campfire will be a hit.

That's our favorite vacation - BC/Poly split stay. Enjoy!

How many nights would you do at both? Considering this split (or GF/BC) for next June and having such a hard time deciding! We'll probably do 13 nights total with the first night at Pop since we'll arrive late, so 12 nights to work with. I've only ever stayed at Poly for 2 nights and didn't get to spend much time there, but we've been to BC 3 longer trips now and LOVE it.

So...we are going back and forth between doing club level lagoon view, or club level theme park view next summer.

The last time we stayed at the Poly we did club level theme park view and it was awesome...eventually. The first room they put us in was on the 2nd floor, without the balcony. We asked to be moved to the 3rd floor and they granted our request the next morning. :goodvibes What a world of difference that switch made! The 3rd floor balcony gives you a great sweeping view of the whole lagoon area. On the 2nd floor, without the balcony, you are really restricted in what you can see to the left and to the right, in my opinion. I still think that the balcony-less rooms should cost less than the balcony rooms...that's how much of a difference it made to us. In fact, when we moved to the 3rd floor and stepped out onto the balcony, both my DH and I said, "I can't believe this room is the same price as the other room!" Plus, with the balcony, we were able to take a drink and sit out there and enjoy the view. In the 2nd floor room we would have had to pull chairs right up to the "rail" and look out from inside our room. No view left and right, just straight ahead...and through bars.

I have been checking out Tikiman's website a lot (He really is a Poly rockstar!). Anyway, I really want to request a 3rd floor room on our next trip. I'm not so concerned with having a perfect view of the castle...I'm happy as long as I can see the lagoon. But, my thought it that if we book "lagoon view" we'd have almost no chance of getting 3rd floor, right? I think almost all the 3rd floor rooms are TPV if Tikiman's website is accurate.

The last time we stayed at the Poly the bungalows weren't there yet. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the first floor rooms (even with the full patio) and having to look between the bungalows to see the water.

I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who has stayed CL Lagoon View or CL Theme Park View recently. What floor were you on and how was your view? Thanks!!

I can't help as we've never stayed CL LV or CL TPV, but I wanted to bump your post so hopefully others might be able to help :flower3:.

Ha

Thank you! We are very excited! It will be our first stay at both. We are hoping it will be a great split with the best of both

You're welcome! :goodvibes

We've been to SoA once and Ohana several times and we enjoyed both. Our kids weren't that young, but there were little kids there when we went. SoA is a little cheesy in parts (IMO), but we thought it was a nice show overall. I think it's a neat show to do at least once. With that said, I think either would be fun for your family :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!