(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to visit the grand last week when staying at Poly. DD and I had fun at Summer Lace of course!

I posted some pix over on Poly for anybody interested. Go back until 7/20 or so . I tried to get the lounge food and stuff too.

View attachment 256202
Is this where they blocked the restaurant? Too funny!
Yes! I tried to download two other pics of The Grand Floridian Cafe cover-up, lol, but they were too large to download. I have posted lots of vacation pics to my social media platforms (listed in my "Dis" signature if some of you are interested. I'm also about to post my "turret" room video to YouTube.

Last edited:
hello all i just got back from a trip that included 4 nights at the GF and i honestly have to say i was extremely disappointed. The resort itself and the grounds were beautiful but that is where it ended for me. we had MAJOR house keeping issues....first day none second day was ok third day they came at 4pm and last day it was after 2pm. 2 of the 4 nights they missed the turn down service. the rooms were blah i dont know i guess i expected a lot for the price they charge. i wont be going back there that is for sure i had a better experience at riverside at about 1/3 the cost. just saying for the dollars spent i cant say its was worth it for my family.

hello all i just got back from a trip that included 4 nights at the GF and i honestly have to say i was extremely disappointed. The resort itself and the grounds were beautiful but that is where it ended for me. we had MAJOR house keeping issues....first day none second day was ok third day they came at 4pm and last day it was after 2pm. 2 of the 4 nights they missed the turn down service. the rooms were blah i dont know i guess i expected a lot for the price they charge. i wont be going back there that is for sure i had a better experience at riverside at about 1/3 the cost. just saying for the dollars spent i cant say its was worth it for my family.
That stinks! This is their Flagship resort , you would think being their Top they'd have exceptional service.

I a must so looking forward to our GF trip November 15th!!! I just hope they assign us a refurb room! It's a dream come true for us and keeping my fingers crossed! I know we have a garden view held.

View attachment 255804
Thank you, that's very nice. The couch just pulls down from top into single bed and just folds back up into place. Right behind my hubby the couch is already turned down.
Thanks for all the pics! My daughter used the fold down last trip and found it comfy. Another trip we had a deluxe room in RPC and they had a pull out sofa, also very comfy.
Did Turret room have a balcony?

I a must so looking forward to our GF trip November 15th!!! I just hope they assign us a refurb room! It's a dream come true for us and keeping my fingers crossed! I know we have a garden view held.

Most all rooms are refurbed by now. You should be great! Big Pine Key they were sweetening when I was there! You're golden I promise!

Thanks for all the pics! My daughter used the fold down last trip and found it comfy. Another trip we had a deluxe room in RPC and they had a pull out sofa, also very comfy.
Did Turret room have a balcony?

The second & third floor "club level" outer building (turret room) in Sugar Loaf have a balcony (I was on 3rd floor room # 6320, the best room.) I'm pretty sure most outer buildings have the same. I was just there and posted a video and pictures of it (4th floor usually does not)

Last edited:
The second & third floor "club level" outer building in Sugar Loaf have a balcony (I was on 3rd floor room # 6320, the best room.) I'm pretty sure most outer buildings have the same. I was just there and posted a video and pictures of it (4th floor usually does not)
Yes, most rooms do have balconies, but for some reason I thought the turret rooms didn't?

Got to visit the grand last week when staying at Poly. DD and I had fun at Summer Lace of course!

I posted some pix over on Poly for anybody interested. Go back until 7/20 or so . I tried to get the lounge food and stuff too.
Hmmm, I don't seem to recall being sent any pics :rolleyes1

Most all rooms are refurbed by now. You should be great! Big Pine Key they were sweetening when I was there! You're golden I promise!
I thought all the rooms were refurbished in 2014? I recall 2013 I had old room, but stays 2014 and on I had the new rooms. The rooms in your pics look same as rooms I had in 2014 & 2016. Are they refurbishing them again?

I thought all the rooms were refurbished in 2014? I recall 2013 I had old room, but stays 2014 and on I had the new rooms. The rooms in your pics look same as rooms I had in 2014 & 2016. Are they refurbishing them again?

They had a crane at Big Pine Key all week painting throughout the building inside & out and lots of construction workers. If the building was in operation at all, it was only half.

Rooms are the same, beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter