(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me a little information on the cabana rentals (or point me in the right direction)? Pricing, what all is included and was it worth it? Considering a split stay with GF/BC next June and will definitely have at least one full pool day at GF.

Thanks!

Can anyone give me a little information on the cabana rentals (or point me in the right direction)? Pricing, what all is included and was it worth it? Considering a split stay with GF/BC next June and will definitely have at least one full pool day at GF.

Thanks!

I rented one for the full day this past April. Here are some details:
  • A full day rental is 10AM-7PM.
  • We paid $254.54 (including tax) but I understand that rates change seasonally. I believe summer rates are (much?) higher but I'm not sure what they are and when they change seasons.
  • There are four cabanas at the main/feature/slide pool. No cabanas at the courtyard pool.
  • Cabanas come with:
    • A fridge with sodas/water
    • A fruit tray
    • Suntan lotion/moisturizers
    • Abundant seating
    • Towels
    • TV
    • Ceiling fan
    • Bluetooth speaker
    • Cabana attendant that will bring food/beverages (you pay for food/drinks, that's not included in the cabana rental other than the stuff in the fridge)
We rented it on our arrival day because we were arriving very early. For us with kids at our ages, it was well worth it. DW likes how there is both shade and sun.

Our experience overall was pretty good. I wouldn't go in expecting Four Seasons/Major Resort cabana-type service, but for Disney standards it works.

Here are some pics.

Cabana Aerial.jpg

Inside Cabana.JPG

View from Cabana.JPG

I rented one for the full day this past April. Here are some details:
  • A full day rental is 10AM-7PM.
  • We paid $254.54 (including tax) but I understand that rates change seasonally. I believe summer rates are (much?) higher but I'm not sure what they are and when they change seasons.
  • There are four cabanas at the main/feature/slide pool. No cabanas at the courtyard pool.
  • Cabanas come with:
    • A fridge with sodas/water
    • A fruit tray
    • Suntan lotion/moisturizers
    • Abundant seating
    • Towels
    • TV
    • Ceiling fan
    • Bluetooth speaker
    • Cabana attendant that will bring food/beverages (you pay for food/drinks, that's not included in the cabana rental other than the stuff in the fridge)
We rented it on our arrival day because we were arriving very early. For us with kids at our ages, it was well worth it. DW likes how there is both shade and sun.

Our experience overall was pretty good. I wouldn't go in expecting Four Seasons/Major Resort cabana-type service, but for Disney standards it works.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 256195

View attachment 256196

View attachment 256197

Thank you so much! Do you know how far ahead of time you can/should rent one? Do you get to choose which of the four you get?

Thank you so much! Do you know how far ahead of time you can/should rent one? Do you get to choose which of the four you get?

No problem!

I'm not sure about how far ahead of time you can rent one (maybe 180 days?) but I'd recommend going ahead and renting it as soon as you know your schedule, especially given your summer date - just in case. My impression of the GF ones is that they are popular, but that's just an anecdotal observation.

We didn't get to choose (it was already assigned to us when we arrived) but I 'suspect' you can put in a request for which one you want when you make the reservation. (Note I'm not 100% sure about this).

Sorry that's not much help.

No problem!

I'm not sure about how far ahead of time you can rent one (maybe 180 days?) but I'd recommend going ahead and renting it as soon as you know your schedule, especially given your summer date - just in case. My impression of the GF ones is that they are popular, but that's just an anecdotal observation.

We didn't get to choose (it was already assigned to us when we arrived) but I 'suspect' you can put in a request for which one you want when you make the reservation. (Note I'm not 100% sure about this).

Sorry that's not much help.

Very helpful - Thanks again!

IMG_5243.JPG IMG_5265.JPG IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5334.JPG 069BA754-0CC8-4F11-BAB1-A60EB01EDF3C.jpg IMG_4996.JPG IMG_4997.JPG IMG_5183.JPG IMG_5453.jpg
I had 3rd floor turret room in the outer Club Level~ Sugar Loaf Building. #6320 and it was magnificent. We also rented Cabana #3 (best) and I did request in advance the one I preferred. During our week there were plenty of openings for a half or full day cabana rental. We paid full day $318.44 total 10a-7p and it was wonderful. The fruit basket, sodas and water was nice and the suntan lotions were perfect, towels, beach ball and ice cold peach scented face towels were a great touch. We ate lunch at Beaches Bar & Grill on a few occasions and it became monotonous, as they have a limited menu. Lobster sliders and the Angus burger were a hit with my fam. The pool restroom had a hairdryer, showers and changing area. Plenty of pool towels available at both pools. There is also a bar waitstaff at the Courtyard Pool. I loved the Courtyard Pool best...

The "turret room" in the photos above is one of the Deluxe Rooms available in SL. There are only three: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor (6220, 6320, & 6420). The 2nd floor room has a balcony but it's enclosed (E.g., the rail is sort of a half wall, you can't really see over it well when sitting down), the 3rd floor room has a normal balcony (this would be the best one to get IMHO), and the 4th floor room does not have a balcony.

These rooms in SL are by request only - you cannot book them. This is unlike the other outer buildings where the Deluxe Rooms are a bookable category.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That helps very much to know. What is the difference from the turret rooms in SL and a Deluxe room in another building?

Thanks for the info on the Turret rooms. What are the differences from a turret room in SL and a deluxe room in another building?

Thanks for the info on the Turret rooms. What are the differences from a turret room in SL and a deluxe room in another building?

The same like GADisneyDad14 said OR

A deluxe room could also just be a room with more space (no turret) with a designated sitting area. I do know that GFR also calls a turret room, a tower room!

Last edited:
View attachment 256202 View attachment 256203 View attachment 256204 View attachment 256205 View attachment 256206 View attachment 256211 View attachment 256212 View attachment 256213 View attachment 256214 View attachment 256215
I had 3rd floor turret room in the outer Club Level~ Sugar Loaf Building. #6320 and it was magnificent. We also rented Cabana #3 (best) and I did request in advance the one I preferred. During our week there were plenty of openings for a half or full day cabana rental. We paid full day $318.44 total 10a-7p and it was wonderful. The fruit basket, sodas and water was nice and the suntan lotions were perfect, towels, beach ball and ice cold peach scented face towels were a great touch. We ate lunch at Beaches Bar & Grill on a few occasions and it became monotonous, as they have a limited menu. Lobster sliders and the Angus burger were a hit with my fam. The pool restroom had a hairdryer, showers and changing area. Plenty of pool towels available at both pools. There is also a bar waitstaff at the Courtyard Pool. I loved the Courtyard Pool best...

Could you tell me more about the silhouettes? We are staying at the main building club level and we would love to do this. Is it the same as the ones done in the park? What days and times are they there? Price looks to be $20....what all did that include? It would be great to get this done in the lobby for DD so she doesn't have to sit in the heat at the MK. Thanks in advance!

A deluxe room could also just be a room with more space (no turret) with a designated sitting area. I do know that GFR also calls a turret room, a tower room!
In the outer building the deluxe room is the same as sl one. In the main building rpc there are 4 styles deluxe rooms that are different from the rest of the resort. Deluxe queen has 2 configurations and deluxe king also has 2 .

We had that room you are in in sl. Loved it! Have a great rest of your trip! Enjoying your pix :flower1:

The turret room looks amazing! Does the couch in the seating area pull out? (I'm staying in Sugar Loaf with my mother, daughter, and sister for a girls' trip in January and would love another sleeping surface!)

IMG_5478.jpg
Could you tell me more about the silhouettes? We are staying at the main building club level and we would love to do this. Is it the same as the ones done in the park? What days and times are they there? Price looks to be $20....what all did that include? It would be great to get this done in the lobby for DD so she doesn't have to sit in the heat at the MK. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the silhouettes are the same as in the park. Mike was wonderful and so sweet & fast! The artist is available Friday & Saturday 6pm-10pm in the main lobby across from Sandy Cove Sundries! The price per face is $20 and we received a duplicate of each as well (free). I also purchased a folder for $5 extra (each). So for two silhouettes & two folders, it came in under $53.00 (small discount for Annual passholder) it was so inexpensive and quick, I was amazed. When we left poor Mike was packed with people...

Frames are an additional $20! With my already heavy souvenirs, I was worried how much weight I was packing for return flight, so I didn't purchase the frames:(

IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4567.JPG
The turret room looks amazing! Does the couch in the seating area pull out? (I'm staying in Sugar Loaf with my mother, daughter, and sister for a girls' trip in January and would love another sleeping surface!)
I hope you have a fantastical trip in January, sounds fun! The sofa pulls down just like the standard room sofa's do. Here are some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!