Disney's Eastern Fantasy July 14, 2018

joycsk

Red's my girl
Hi, everyone. Hope some of you will come join us on the Fantasy to Tortola and St. Thomas!

HI Joy! We are also on the cruise with you! It will me and my DD (5) on this cruise. 4th cruise for me and it will complete my being on every Disney cruise ship. We are really excited to be cruising again, only a short 462 days away!!

Welcome, MrsJ6713!:welcome:

This will be our 6th cruise, 1st as Gold. We are myself, my DH, DD (16) and DS(13) - all currently. We will also be with my dear parents. I _think_ they will be Platinum for this cruise, but I'm losing track! I'm glad you are counting. :worship:I was afraid to!o_O

Congrats on Gold Status!! I hope to reach that in the next few years!! Have you been on the Eastern Cruise before? Anyway looking forward to the Cruise and hope we get more people in the group! I have always wanted to do an ornament exchange :yay:

Thank you for the good wishes! We did the eastern once before with St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I have not been to Tortola and look forward to that. I also managed to find a group on fb. I know that DIS forbids me to link, but it is out there. So far, there are the beginnings of a FE, a meet/greet, and a mixology. I'm nervous about trying to merge the two, but I'm sure we'll figure it out as we go.

A last thought, I would enjoy an ornament exchange. However, as someone who lives in an area with lots of diversity, ornaments can be exclusionary to non-Christians. I love to collect ornaments from different ports and they make me happy to remember our trips in the cold of winter. At a friend's wedding, the favor was a Lenox Christmas ornament, and I ended up with my BFF's and other friends', since, as Jews, they had no use for them.

We are excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy on July 14, 2018. We'll be coming from Ontario, Canada and our daughters will be 5 (almost 6) and 2 (almost 3). We're really looking forward to it. Although I have already done a ton of research, if you have any tips for a family with two young girls we'd appreciate it.

:welcome:DisnEHCruisers!
My first cruise was in 2007 and at that time my kids were your kids ages. So very much has changed since then. I'm happy to answer any questions I can, but not all is as it once was. We will be on our 6th DCL, and can hardly wait!

Congrats on Gold Status!! I hope to reach that in the next few years!! Have you been on the Eastern Cruise before? Anyway looking forward to the Cruise and hope we get more people in the group! I have always wanted to do an ornament exchange :yay:
Trying to make sure I have my people correct. Have you started a FB doc for this?

Hello everyone!!
This will be our first Disney cruise!! We're from Texas, we will be spending a week at WDW and then boarding the ship .... so excited!!! It will be 3 of us. Me, my husband, and our 14 year old her b-day is the 18th of July, so we will actually be celebrating her 15th birthday on the cruise. I want to participate in the FE group!!! I need all the info... how it sign up, how to do it. How many gifts should I anticipate giving (per room, per person, per day??) Any and all info would be so much appreciated!! Thanks, and can't wait to see y'all!!

We are excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy on July 14, 2018. We'll be coming from Ontario, Canada and our daughters will be 5 (almost 6) and 2 (almost 3). We're really looking forward to it. Although I have already done a ton of research, if you have any tips for a family with two young girls we'd appreciate it.

Our first one too!!! Can't wait!! See y'all there!

Hey Ya'll, I'm trying to find a fish extender group or two for our cruise. If anyone can help me, I greatly appreciate it.

Hi, Jennifer! There is a growing FE group (as well as meet and mixology group) forming on the website we are not permitted to link to. Maybe pm me if that is not enough information. It is still small, but at some point soon, we may need to start discussing FE guidelines. I personally hope to do it, but since we fly, I can't personally handle a group of more than 10-15 cabins. It becomes way too much luggage. :(

Hi, Jennifer! There is a growing FE group (as well as meet and mixology group) forming on the website we are not permitted to link to. Maybe pm me if that is not enough information. It is still small, but at some point soon, we may need to start discussing FE guidelines. I personally hope to do it, but since we fly, I can't personally handle a group of more than 10-15 cabins. It becomes way too much luggage. :(
N

Thanks for the reply. I would love to talk more. Can you tell me how to PM you?? I don't see an option for that here. (This site doesn't seem user friendly, to me at least)

N

Thanks for the reply. I would love to talk more. Can you tell me how to PM you?? I don't see an option for that here. (This site doesn't seem user friendly, to me at least)
DRAT! I just tried to PM you. - Under inbox, "start a conversation." And it won't let me. Maybe you have your privacy really high? In any event - if you have a hyphenated last name where both names begin with the same letter, then you are already in the other group and know exactly what I do.

DRAT! I just tried to PM you. - Under inbox, "start a conversation." And it won't let me. Maybe you have your privacy really high? In any event - if you have a hyphenated last name where both names begin with the same letter, then you are already in the other group and know exactly what I do.
Hello!! Yes my last name is hyphenated and both names start with "N". I tried to start a conversation with you, but it doesn't even give me the option. It just says I have no conversation...

This is our first cruise ever, so we made it a Disney cruise!
Please send along your tips. We are newbies.
Welcome! We have quite the combo of newbies and veterans. If you use one of the most popular social media platforms for those over the age of 25, there is also a group there. This will be my 6th cruise, so though I am FAR from an expert, I'm happy to answer many basic questions. Have not cruised since 2014, though, so some things I only know from reading. This board is an AWESOME resourse!

Thanks, Joy. Please send along any Facebook groups that my wife and I should be members of.
We are not allowed to post those links here - part of dis rules, which is why I skirted around as I did. Let me see if I can find further means of skirting.

There is a DCL group and a DCL junkies group. There is also something (beware young padawan!) called Fish Extenders. There is a Fish Extender DCL group (please replace all DCL with the actual words the letters represent) Inside that Fish Extender group there is a group for the Disney Fantasy July 14, 2018 F E group. Please note, asking to join that group will NOT commit you to joining the actual Fish Extender group if you choose not to. I cannot say if I am typical, but I tend to be "on" FB much more than I am "on" the dis, so I tend to see things there, earlier.

Fish extenders are a ton of fun but can be overwhelming. The Spark notes version: Outside each stateroom there is a Fish shaped clip for the leaving of messages. Years ago, dis-ers and others formed group who essentially agreed to participate in a "secret santa" sort of affair. People in the group(s) hang pockets from the fish (hence - extender) and agree to trade small presents with each other during their cruise.

Granite, I hope this has not been too confusing. Feel free to come back with more questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter