Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall tell me if this could be a good plan. We get to CSR around 2 or so on our first day, we then take a Disney Bus to Disney Springs to do some shopping then take a bus to Yacht Club for dinner at the Yachtsman. Then could I go to the front desk at Yacht Club and get them to set up the Lyft app to get a Minnie Van back to CSR? That seems like it might work out great! I wanted to at try the Minnie Van service while we are there and that just might be a good way.

You have to be a registered guest at a Deluxe for them to activate the Minnie Van service on the Lyft App.

Is this true? I have seen a number of reports of people activating the service at a deluxe and using it at others.

Once it's enabled, you can use it on future trips and no matter where you're staying. But unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks, you have to be a registered guest at a Deluxe in order to get it enabled.

Hi there, we are going to be there early March , which rooms have been renovated so far? Do you think it is worth asking for a refurbished room.

Once it's enabled, you can use it on future trips and no matter where you're staying. But unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks, you have to be a registered guest at a Deluxe in order to get it enabled.
Well that is disappointing, I would like to be able to use the service to get back to CSR just once.

You have to be a registered guest at a Deluxe for them to activate the Minnie Van service on the Lyft App.
We were staying with our DVC points at Old Key West when we set up Lyft app in order to get Minnie Van from Contemporary on NYE but it didn't show on app so we just did regular Lyft car...was only $10 too.

Someone talk me off the ledge - or confirm my fear. We are booked for CSR in 59 days ...so March Break-ish. I am reading a lot of negative comments about the buses - I've been good with Disney transport at AKL, POR and CBR (the wait doesn't bother me). I'm concerned about the overcrowding - my little guy 6 has mild autism and (if overtired) may melt down if he and his sister aren't "safe" in a seat. I'm thinking about switching to POR or POFQ ... but was really excited about the pool/rec area at CSR. Also concerned as Peppertree may be under some partial Reno during our stay.

How bad is it?
I can't say for CSR (but I will be there in 16 days). I was at CBR in December. For weeks I read posts on DISBoards and Facebook about how the buses at CBR were horrible. I was panicking because the messages were painting a picture of doom and gloom. We went and had no issues. Made me wonder about all those posts/messages. If you aren't in a rush you could always wait for another bus.

We have just returned from CS, definitely my new favourite Disney Resort. We stayed Jan 8-12 and everything from check-in to check-out was amazing. We were thrilled when we arrived to find out that our room was a newly renovated room in Casitas 1. There were 3 Pardon our Pixie Dust Construction pins on the night stand and chocolates on the bed. We didn't have any busing issues and used stop 2 to go to the parks and got off at El Centro on the way home as it was closer! The electronic board at the bus stop is great and gives you live bus arrival times. We also really enjoyed the food options in Pepper Market as well as the selection of desserts and snacks at Cafe Rix. The walk to the main pool is beautiful, adults can use the water slide , the fitness room is well stocked, Panchitos Gift Store has a large variety of souvenirs and hand crafted items and has a large pin board as well as a large Burro with pins for trading! Our family of 4 enjoyed all the amenities at CS and would highly recommend this Resort!

Hey all,
I'd love some room request help! We've been to CSR before but not for at least 5 years. We have a water view king booked arriving February 23rd, and it's my understanding that these rooms are only in Casitas and Cabanas. Our priorities are:
  • Quiet, meaning away from any possible construction noise
  • Corner room
  • Near bus stop
  • Refurbished
We don't care much about how far we are from El Centro or the dig site. Quiet is probably our highest priority. We're considering Casitas 5 for quiet (I gather that it's not refurbished) or Cabanas 8A (refurbished) but I wonder if that might be too close to the construction.

Also, if I do online check in, how do I request things like a specific building or a corner room. I don't see those as options.

Thanks for your help!

Also, if I do online check in, how do I request things like a specific building or a corner room. I don't see those as options.

Thanks for your help!

It's best to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. Also, list your requests in order of importance and try to keep it to 1 or 2. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Hey all,
I'd love some room request help! We've been to CSR before but not for at least 5 years. We have a water view king booked arriving February 23rd, and it's my understanding that these rooms are only in Casitas and Cabanas. Our priorities are:
  • Quiet, meaning away from any possible construction noise
  • Corner room
  • Near bus stop
  • Refurbished
We don't care much about how far we are from El Centro or the dig site. Quiet is probably our highest priority. We're considering Casitas 5 for quiet (I gather that it's not refurbished) or Cabanas 8A (refurbished) but I wonder if that might be too close to the construction.

Thanks for your help!

Being that you don't want to be near the construction, you'll have to go to Casitas 4 or 5 for a water view. 4 is near the pool. The options in cabanas will most likely leave you in 9A next to tower construction.

Just switched from POR to CSR in a Preferred Room. Hoping all buildings will have been renovated by May 22.

Just switched from POR to CSR in a Preferred Room. Hoping all buildings will have been renovated by May 22.

Sorry to say, but they all wont , but all the preferred rooms should be.

Here is the most current list of the refurb process .........
Thanks for Mario on the CSR facebook group for keeping this info updated regularly .

• Casita 1 - COMPLETE
  • Casita 2 - under rehab
  • Casita 3 - COMPLETE
  • Casita 4 - TBD
  • Casita 5 - TBD
  • Rancho 6a - TBD
  • Rancho 6b - TBD
  • Rancho 7a - COMPLETE
  • Rancho 7b - TBD
  • Cabana 8a - COMPLETE
  • Cabana 8b - TBD
  • Cabana 9a - TBD
  • Cabana 9b - DEMOLISHED - Tower being build (completed 2019)

Last edited:
0AD0BB67-DF0C-42B3-8B4A-0BB0F038AF69.jpeg 5DFEB4EE-44DD-4957-9B87-286F69EB1E60.jpeg 98351B46-D849-43C9-BB1A-DF4A6B84EAAA.jpeg

Just checked out of CSR this morning. Of course the temps today are supposed to be nice and warm since we flew back to NY this morning‼️ We had a good time. We spent 3 nights in a preferred king room in Casitas 1 room 1125. We faced a courtyard. They were painting the exterior of Casitas 2 and you could smell paint sometimes when walking but never smelled it in the room.

We did not use the buses since we had a rental and drove to the parks. It was way too chilly for us to swim but we did sit by the Dig Site pool a few times. They did close all the pools the first day becaus of the cold. It is definitely closer to walk to the dig site pool via the new temporary bridge by the marina from Casitas 1 than by the other bridge (to the left) by Casitas 4/5

We also did not eat at the resort. Just got tea one evening. All in all we had a good visit. Room was refurbished.

Top pic is the new bridge
Next is a view of el centro from the path
Last is the new tower construction

Oh and I did not do online check in. We got to the resort about 4 pm

MJ

As an FYI - while we had a bad experience at CSR this last time due to issues with the individual rooms we were assigned (non-refurbished - wet floor first one, non-working AC second one) - we did not think the construction noise was an issue at all. I think they didn't start making noise at the site until about 9 am - and it was quiet as a tomb around the resort when we arrived (about 7:30 pm). So - unless you plan to sleep late every morning - I don't think the construction noise will be an issue. It is clear the resort needs refurbishment - and you'll see them working/prepping for it - but I think unless you plan to sleep at times most people consider daytime - I think that won't be an issue.

Question for anyone who knows, are there still laundry facilities near the cabanas buildings now that they’ve started the construction?

Sorry to say, but they all wont , but all the preferred rooms should be.

Here is the most current list of the refurb process .........
Thanks for Mario on the CSR facebook group for keeping this info updated regularly .

• Casita 1 - COMPLETE
  • Casita 2 - under rehab
  • Casita 3 - COMPLETE
  • Casita 4 - TBD
  • Casita 5 - TBD
  • Rancho 6a - TBD
  • Rancho 6b - TBD
  • Rancho 7a - COMPLETE
  • Rancho 7b - TBD
  • Cabana 8a - COMPLETE
  • Cabana 8b - TBD
  • Cabana 9a - TBD
  • Cabana 9b - DEMOLISHED - Tower being build (completed 2019)

:-) Happy to hear that! I meant all rooms in the "preferred" category. That is the category I booked.

As an FYI - while we had a bad experience at CSR this last time due to issues with the individual rooms we were assigned (non-refurbished - wet floor first one, non-working AC second one) - we did not think the construction noise was an issue at all. I think they didn't start making noise at the site until about 9 am - and it was quiet as a tomb around the resort when we arrived (about 7:30 pm). So - unless you plan to sleep late every morning - I don't think the construction noise will be an issue. It is clear the resort needs refurbishment - and you'll see them working/prepping for it - but I think unless you plan to sleep at times most people consider daytime - I think that won't be an issue.
We will be taking naps every afternoon probably. Hoping the construction doesn't keep us up but it will probably be ok. Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!