Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is shower gel generally part of the toiletries given in the moderates? We have a split stay with CSR and YC so I want to be prepared to bring shower gel if needed.
It used to be for CSR. Some people are reporting the are getting it but we did not.

So I just heard Pepper Market is going down for refurbishment in January? Anyone else hear this or know any further details?

I saw that, too!! We will be there Jan 1-9. I am so bummed....:sad:

I was looking through the restaurant calendars to see if Disney buried advance notice of the closure the way they do with the Early Morning Magic and Disney After Hours event dates (for those who don't know, the early 2018 dates showed up as "ticketed event: 7:45 - 9 a.m." or "9 - 12 p.m." on the MK daily calendar well before the dates and ticket sales were officially announced).

Right now, Disney appears to have the hours posted for resort QS locations through January 6 and Pepper Market is showing as open for that timeframe. This is no guarantee, of course - Disney does sometimes change things up after hours are released - but my guess is that this means that if the rumored rehab is coming, it won't start until after marathon weekend. None of this helps my decision-making in the least since we're not traveling until March, but I thought it might be reassuring for @Ericandus and others traveling in early Jan.

I was looking through the restaurant calendars to see if Disney buried advance notice of the closure the way they do with the Early Morning Magic and Disney After Hours event dates (for those who don't know, the early 2018 dates showed up as "ticketed event: 7:45 - 9 a.m." or "9 - 12 p.m." on the MK daily calendar well before the dates and ticket sales were officially announced).

Right now, Disney appears to have the hours posted for resort QS locations through January 6 and Pepper Market is showing as open for that timeframe. This is no guarantee, of course - Disney does sometimes change things up after hours are released - but my guess is that this means that if the rumored rehab is coming, it won't start until after marathon weekend. None of this helps my decision-making in the least since we're not traveling until March, but I thought it might be reassuring for @Ericandus and others traveling in early Jan.

Uh oh wonder if that's why a low rate was being offered for a standard room the last week of Jan

Thank you, Colleen27! My hubby is a super early riser and the only breakfast eater in our family...I hope he has Pepper Market for his early mornings!

Checking in tomorrow--I can't wait! Anyone have questions or info you'd like me to report back?
Hope you are having a wonderful time DisMommyTX!
Thanks for the offer of answering questions. Curios to know what room you requested and received. Also, any updates on the Casitas room renovations (if you can easily tell). I think lots would love to know the latest status of the room renovations.

I stayed at CSR last week in Casitas 4103, my third stay at the resort since it opened in the 1990's. Upside: the room was as close to bus stop 2 as you can be without pitching a tent in the parking lot. My room was an "original," but it was in very good condition. I didn't remember the long florescent light above the bed--way too bright and no way to dim it. (I moved the desk lamp to the bedside table instead, and never used the over bed light.)

The quiet pool between Casitas 3 and 4 was closed, which meant going across to the main pool or to the other quiet pool, which was an inconvenience. Renovation was in full swing for part of Casitas 3, the other half was occupied. They were painting the exterior of Casitas 4 when I arrived on Wednesday, but they had moved on by Friday.

When you arrive at CSR, the view of the tower construction is unavoidable. There are two very tall cranes and lots of activity on the ground. Most of the ground level work is behind screens and fencing, but a long section between bus stops 4 and 1 is open and you can get a peek at the foundation. I never heard construction noise near my room, and it was minimal when walking to/from El Centro.

My one breakfast was very disappointing. The Southwestern omelet has more chunks of gristle than ham, didn't have any salsa, and was bland. The breakfast potatoes were in a puddle of clear thick liquid--I have no idea what it was. On my last night, I grabbed a chicken Caesar wrap at Cafe Rix, which was very tasty and generously sized.

The rest of my meals were at parks or at Disney Springs. Best food was at Homecomin' at Disney Springs and Geyser Springs at Wilderness Lodge--the best burger I've ever had at Disney.

I look forward to staying at CSR in the future, and hope the food quality becomes more consistent. Not sure how they'll add transportation services for a 15 story building full of guests...that will be interesting.

Hi! Thanks for your review!

We have a reservation for next summer at CSR. We've been wanting to stay here for a long time because of the Mexican theme (we love Mexico), but with two kids, we've always opted for options where they don't have to share a bed (usually deluxes). This time, it's an adults-only, anniversary trip. We booked CSR, but I've been having thoughts. Is the tower construction very visible? Are we going to be reminded every time we step outside that there's construction?

Unfortunately, POR, POFQ, YC, and BC are all out because of the possibility of dogs in the resort grounds. We are not in love with the monorail resorts. So that does not leave many options....

Hi! Thanks for your review!

We have a reservation for next summer at CSR. We've been wanting to stay here for a long time because of the Mexican theme (we love Mexico), but with two kids, we've always opted for options where they don't have to share a bed (usually deluxes). This time, it's an adults-only, anniversary trip. We booked CSR, but I've been having thoughts. Is the tower construction very visible? Are we going to be reminded every time we step outside that there's construction?

Unfortunately, POR, POFQ, YC, and BC are all out because of the possibility of dogs in the resort grounds. We are not in love with the monorail resorts. So that does not leave many options....
Did they extend the dog trial to POFQ and BC? They weren't part of the original dog friendly resorts.

Did they extend the dog trial to POFQ and BC? They weren't part of the original dog friendly resorts.

No they didn't. But since there have been reports of dogs being walked aroundvthe grounds at BC and POFQ some consider them off their list.

Last edited:
Urgh! Have you ever invited your in-laws thinking it will be nice, but it’s just more stressful? We have a HS graduation in June. We are treating my two sons, a gf and a best friend to a three day trip. The plan was AoA. Tight squeeze, but doable. I thought , let me invite my in laws. Probably last trip with the boys and they will enjoy it. Didn’t think the Little Mermaid section sold out so fast! We want to stay at the same resort and with the construction prices, 3 standard rooms at CSR is very close to what we were paying. Hoping for 2 joining rooms and one separate room. How bad will the construction be in June? Hard to predict I know....but my MIL is a complainer. The other mods would be even more $. I hope I made the right decision moving to CSR!

We are having a wonderful trip! The weather has been great, just a bit of rain. The resort us lovely as always. There is obvious construction on the tower, but nothing which has inconvenienced us in any way.

We had a complicated set of reservations which the resort did not handle as well as I had hoped. We have two separate rooms which we requested as connecting. We also had to book two separate reservations for each room because we could not get the full length of our stay on the same offer. All four reservations are for standard rooms, and we called multiple times and faxed noting the continuing stay and requesting connecting rooms. I also included upper floor in Cabanas 8A, but repeated that connecting rooms for the entire stay was the top priority.

The first nights we had two great rooms in 8A, nearby but not connecting. The renovated rooms are very spacious, comfortable with lots of storage. Everything is clean and functional, and I love the Three Caballeros accents!

Each of our rooms had a connecting door, and one of the rooms was empty, so I asked the next morning if there was anyway to move us into a connecting room at some point during our 10 night stay. I was told that we were not scheduled to stay in those rooms and would be moving to separate buildings. She confirmed that both 'continuing stay' and the 'connecting rooms' requests were noted on the reservations. She tried to offer an excuse about availability, but even she couldn't figure out why we were assigned that way. After a few minutes she was happy to report that while we were both still moving, we would at least be near each other, but I wasn't as pleased as she was. I would much rather stay where we were. Our reservation change was still two days away--if they were making us move, I wanted to at least be moved into connecting rooms. After multiple phone calls they were able to move us into two connecting rooms in 7A. I still don't like being on the first floor, and it is the farthest possible building from the food court and Main Building, but as they are still renovated rooms I was happy to take it.

They said we could check our bags through bell srvices, and they would be delivered to our next room before we got back. That didn't happen. When we returned from the Magic Kingdom at midnight, one room wouldn't open at all with any of the magic bands. We had to walk a mile back to the front desk. She said the magic bands had to be reprogrammed, which she managed to do for all of the bands in the room without us doing anything at all. I don't know why they couldn't have done this before I was standing in front of them as it was a massive inconvenience. The bags weren't there either. They said this was because of the same reason that the magic bands didnt work??? Since they were backed up, it would be at least 45 minutes before luggage could be delivered. This was particularly frustrating after a very long park day, but at least it resulted in a couple anytime fast passes for out next park day.

7A renovated rooms look just like 8A. I was surprised with their differences outdoors, that they are identical inside, but they really are nice. We have tried both the main pool and the Ranchos quiet pool. Both are heated but chilly when it's 65 degrees out. I wish they had more than one hot tub, as it had over 30 people in it when we were there. The pool bar is good, but food options are extremely limited. El Centro is a LONG walk, and the only other option is the Dig site QS which closes at 9. I wish they had places to refill mugs at least in each area.

Bus service has been excellent so far, with one glaring exception. When we arrived at the bus stop yesterday morning to go to EPCOT, the bus was supposed to arrive at 9:10, but the time just kept extending every couple minutes. By 9:45 there were over 30 people waiting for an EPCOT bus. We were the second stop, so there was no way we would actually fit on a bus even if it did arrive. In this time, five empty buses to Winter Summerland came through-- how can a company that is so good at logistics and tracking people's movements be so bad at this!?! We finally filed 7 people into one car and drove to Epcot to make our dining reservation. Other than this one incident, traveling by bus has been faster than driving. Of all the resorts we have stayed at, Coronado Springs is still the best in terms of bus service.

Off to enjoy another magical day!

Last edited:
For any of you who have been at the resort in the evenings, what fireworks (if any) can you see, and from what section? I'm staying next summer (can't wait) on a solo trip (did I say, can't wait?) and don't want to miss the little things!

We are booked here for middle of March! Yay! I am excited about the pool for the kids I think they are going to love it. I have some confusion though about the QS availability. Can someone break it down for me simply?

Here is what I've heard. Pepper tree is "Marche" style where you sit and get a punch card for the items you choose from the market. You sit at a table and have a server for beverages. Cafe Rix and Dig Site are also 2 QS there. (???)

Our routine is hubby gets up in the morning and gets simple breakfast for us while I get the kids ready. Usually just toast, yogurt, banana, bagels. Could we get this at Peppertree, cafe Rix or the dig site?

During our stay this week, the Cantina at the pool has not been open for breakfast, at least none of the times that we tried to visit it. We only got breakfast at the resort at once because it was such a long walk from the back of Ranchos to the Pepper Market. The best strategy is to have everyone ready to go then hop on any bus to the front of the resort. After eating, catch the bus to your desired park. It takes forever to get from pepper Market back to your room because you have to wait for a Disney Springs bus. We have found this to be the consistently worst part of the service. Especially in the evening takes forever as the buses arriving from other parks will switch to Disney Springs but still skip Bus stop 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter