Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

You really need to try the BWI CL! They have been our favorite club level for years, with the nicest CM of any of the CL in our opinion. My 24 year old son and his girlfriend went for just a short three day stay and even they were impressed. He kept texting me to tell me how nice everyone was and that they both felt so welcomed there, like they were old friends though he had only stayed there twice before with us when he was a kid. One of the CM even offered him a late check out. They were trying to get a lot of park time in because his girlfriend had never been to Disney before but it was really sweet for them to offer. Lorenzo also jokingly told him they were holding the night time options open for them so that they could have a bite to eat and a drink before the car service picked them up to take them to the dark side (Universal)! Just above and beyond service.

I'd love to but my daughter is terrified of the clown pool

I am currently booked at Yacht Club but Boardwalk Inn is only about $150 more. Which one would you choose? We have not stayed at either.

I'm getting so excited! DSS called yesterday to introduce themselves and offer their services, then I got the mail and that beautiful heavy card stock invite was in my box. Squeal!! Can't wait!

The calls are always nice, aren’t they? :-)

Do you mind if I ask, did DSS mention the extra FP purchase trial program? I’m trying to keep tabs on how/if Disney is marketing it in any way to CL guests. Thank you!

The calls are always nice, aren’t they? :-)

Do you mind if I ask, did DSS mention the extra FP purchase trial program? I’m trying to keep tabs on how/if Disney is marketing it in any way to CL guests. Thank you!

No they did not mention the new program. Only mentioned that they could make our FP selections for us.

I am currently booked at Yacht Club but Boardwalk Inn is only about $150 more. Which one would you choose? We have not stayed at either.

BWI all the way. I do like the YC but I'm another one who won't stay as they now have the dog policy. The BWI has the best CL staff on property in my humble opinion. We've stayed many times and they can't do enough to make your stay memorable. The addition of the chef in the lounge is excellent although I did think that the other food options weren't up to the usual standard at Christmas. It was still fabulous however!

Been reading through and confused does the Yacht Club still offer turndown service?

We had turndown 2 weeks ago at YC; housekeeping was great. Quite disappointed in the lounge this time though. Food choices were poor and CMs (in the lounge) not friendly or very helpful. Exceptions were the 2 male CMs in there ~ they were wonderful!

We also had turndown service at the YC three weeks ago. They were a little more generous with the chocolates than Poly CL had been earlier the same week. ;)

I agree with @CPer'sMom's comment about the CMs, but I had read similar comments prior to arriving so my expectations weren't high (not that that makes subpar service okay). It was slightly annoying to have to leave the lounge area to ask the CL desk CMs about getting a glass of wine when a ton of time would pass without someone coming through the lounge (and I also felt like I was bothering them, even though they didn't act that way, just because I know that isn't their primary job). It was especially annoying after coming from the Poly where there was always a CM available in the lounge and wine was self-serve in the evenings.

My family is 11 days from our trip to WDW. We are staying at the Poly CL. My husband does not know we are staying CL, it’s a suprise. I want add to the suprise by including a parasailing trip from the Comtemporary. In the past he has expressed an interest. So my question is do you all have any opinions or reviews of the parasailing at WDW? Thanks in adnvance.

My family is 11 days from our trip to WDW. We are staying at the Poly CL. My husband does not know we are staying CL, it’s a suprise. I want add to the suprise by including a parasailing trip from the Comtemporary. In the past he has expressed an interest. So my question is do you all have any opinions or reviews of the parasailing at WDW? Thanks in adnvance.

What great surprises for your husband! I can't help with parasailing, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Thanks for the update! Not sure if you covered this but...do they schedule all six of them for you, or just open your window for those three days for you to schedule your "regular" 3? Considering doing it and curious how they keep straight which three adhere to tiers and such and which ones don't - just curious!

they will schedule all 6 for you and any that needs modification will have to be done via phone with DSS. At 60 Days you can begin to make changes yourself on non purchased fast passes like you normal would be able to....... Purchased 3 still can only be modified via phone thru dss

We took our 2 daughters last summer to parasail and they loved it. The marina folks at poly helped us make the same day appointment.

We showed up at the contemporary marina and there were two captains. The trip was around 30min and me, my DH, and DS were able to ride along.

I believe there were two heights they could go but they chose the lower one since it was their first time. For a fee they would take lots of pics and give them to you on a memory card.

My girls thought this was their favorite part of our trip and want to do it again this summer.

they will schedule all 6 for you and any that needs modification will have to be done via phone with DSS. At 60 Days you can begin to make changes yourself on non purchased fast passes like you normal would be able to....... Purchased 3 still can only be modified via phone thru dss
I actually have been able to modify my regular, non purchased FPs and I'm only around 80 days out. You should be able to modify those yourself, unless you want to change parks for the regular FPs; then you would have to call. I've only called DSS to change my purchased FPs. And then again because I decided to change parks for my regular FP's.

I'm getting so excited! DSS called yesterday to introduce themselves and offer their services, then I got the mail and that beautiful heavy card stock invite was in my box. Squeal!!

Yay! Counting down is so exciting!

Question - I can see from your sig that you are just under 3 months out from yours. Is that the normal window when you get the phone call? Asking because we booked CL for the first time for a September trip and I'm curious to know how soon this process would start.

TIA!

I can upgrade from a Garden/Woods View Room at the YC to a standard Club Level Room for around $40/night for our honeymoon at the end of April. I'm considering doing this, but was wondering.. do the standard club level rooms have terrible views? And are they extremely far away from the club level lounge area?

We enjoyed our standard view room in November. We had the corner room of the shared balcony in the front. We heard very little noise but we sleep with white noise too. We loooooved the location to the lounge. We were just about 4 rooms away. It was perfect. We also found the cm’s to be great! It’s so interesting how people can have different opinions of the same thing.

I see you did make the change. It’s so hard to decide with these things. I do think DDP might be a little much with club level. It’s already so much food but to add on lounge food.

I have a standard CL room booked for May. Would the rooms with loading/dumpster view be close to the lounge or far down the hall? I want to request the option where I have the least chance of a dumpster view! ;) Thank you!
yep as someone else said, go with close to lounge.

View attachment 296598

Although DD says we have received before... these are new to me. If old news I apologize. Also DSS called promptly on a couple of new reservations. In the past that was very hot or miss for me. Don’t know if it is luck or if they are improving there process.
I’ve never received that... it is pretty.

Yay! Counting down is so exciting!

Question - I can see from your sig that you are just under 3 months out from yours. Is that the normal window when you get the phone call? Asking because we booked CL for the first time for a September trip and I'm curious to know how soon this process would start.

TIA!

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but just FYI, there’s no particular “normal” window to get a call from DSS. Some people hear from them, some people don’t, for no apparent reason. Sometimes they’ll call a week or two before your 180 day if you booked that far in advance, sometimes it’s more random.

I guess point being, if you don’t hear from them, don’t worry too much about it. It happens. :-)

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but just FYI, there’s no particular “normal” window to get a call from DSS. Some people hear from them, some people don’t, for no apparent reason. Sometimes they’ll call a week or two before your 180 day if you booked that far in advance, sometimes it’s more random.

I guess point being, if you don’t hear from them, don’t worry too much about it. It happens. :-)

agreed. I got a call and believe it was about two weeks before I could book dining. Missed the call but the voicemail introduced themselves, reminded me that dining was coming up, and that if they could be of any service they are available :)

Thank you for this! Again, I'm very new to all this, and hadn't found too many mentions of exactly what to expect re: DSS ahead of a trip. We are about 8 months out still, so I will sit tight. :-)

agreed. I got a call and believe it was about two weeks before I could book dining. Missed the call but the voicemail introduced themselves, reminded me that dining was coming up, and that if they could be of any service they are available :)
Thank you (too)! :-) I have my key dates all noted, so I'm paying attention. Even getting a voicemail reminder would be nice, but I won't hold my breath. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!