Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

FYI. I emailed DSS to change some extra FPs. I also asked about the no FP availability for TSMM 4/15-4/17 and if I should just keep checking. This is the response:

For Toy Story Mania! you can absolutely continue to check for availability, however at this time we are anticipating some refurbishment time for the attraction due to the opening of new experiences at Disney's Hollywood Studios this summer!

If this is true, I'm having a hard time seeing any value in the paid additional FPs (besides the prestige factor, of course). Everyone's touring style is different. For our family, the one thing that made this attractive (besides getting to show off how fabulously wealthy we are) was the ability to get an extra FP for FOP, TT, TSM and 7DMT. I understood you couldn't use the 3 paid FPs all on the same ride (but man, if you could!). But I thought you'd at least be able to use the paid FPs to get extra rides on things you already had FPs for.

If you can't overlap time, and you can't get a paid FP for the same ride you have a regular FP for, then what is the value of this? I'm not asking in a moral sense or an ethical one, and I'm not questioning why someone else would do this (we all know people who stay club level are rich, snobby jerks, with more money than sense). I can't see needing to pay for the extra FPs in any park if you can't overlap or double up your regular FPs. So I figure I'm missing something.

What am I missing?
The value has to do with your touring style. I think the big thing here is getting FP's for multiple tier one rides ahead of time on the same day. Here are my examples of what I think would be the best use of these extra FP's for me. I could go to Epcot and get FP for FEA, Souring and TT all tier one, all on the same day. I can't do that with the current system. It would save me time of trying to see if I could get one later as my 4th or 5th FP. I would have them all at once and I could use my other three for other rides or meet and greets so I wouldn't have to wait in any lines. I could go to HS and do TSMM and RR in the morning and then use my third to go to AK for FOP later in the day and use my regular three for TOT at HS before going to AK and use my other two for Navi River and KS. Then I would use the preferred seated for ROL its like getting an extra FP for it. There are many more scenarios that you can do. It is all about what is important for you. For me having special seating at some of the night time shows without doing a dessert party is a better value. You don't have multiple tier one rides in the different parks so I can see why it wouldn't be of value for you.

If it were $50 for three extra fp's that I could use at 60 days out then I agree it wouldn't be a great value. Being able to get 3 unrestricted FP's at 90 days out and booking your other 3 at the same time adds to the value but the icing on the cake is the preferred seating IMO.

BTW, I hope you were being sarcastic in your post. An LOL or laughing emogee would go a long way to make it clear.

The value has to do with your touring style. I think the big thing here is getting FP's for multiple tier one rides ahead of time on the same day. Here are my examples of what I think would be the best use of these extra FP's for me. I could go to Epcot and get FP for FEA, Souring and TT all tier one, all on the same day. I can't do that with the current system. It would save me time of trying to see if I could get one later as my 4th or 5th FP. I would have them all at once and I could use my other three for other rides or meet and greets so I wouldn't have to wait in any lines. I could go to HS and do TSMM and RR in the morning and then use my third to go to AK for FOP later in the day and use my regular three for TOT at HS before going to AK and use my other two for Navi River and KS. Then I would use the preferred seated for ROL its like getting an extra FP for it. There are many more scenarios that you can do. It is all about what is important for you. For me having special seating at some of the night time shows without doing a dessert party is a better value. You don't have multiple tier one rides in the different parks so I can see why it wouldn't be of value for you.

If it were $50 for three extra fp's that I could use at 60 days out then I agree it wouldn't be a great value. Being able to get 3 unrestricted FP's at 90 days out and booking your other 3 at the same time adds to the value but the icing on the cake is the preferred seating IMO.

BTW, I hope you were being sarcastic in your post. An LOL or laughing emogee would go a long way to make it clear.

These are all the reasons I booked it. Also, I LOVE that we can visit 3 parks in one day and use a FP at each.

View attachment 296598

Although DD says we have received before... these are new to me. If old news I apologize. Also DSS called promptly on a couple of new reservations. In the past that was very hot or miss for me. Don’t know if it is luck or if they are improving there process.

Same for me recently as well. Made a reservation last week, got a call on Saturday. I've also been getting those postcards pretty regularly, although the timing from reservation is totally erratic. Go figure! :-)

Us either but anniversary. It was noted on our reservation too. BC cl service totally underwhelmed me..

This makes me nervous. DH is not going to be happy if we have crappy service. We love the YC/BC though and I'm having a hard time getting him to try another resort.

No, you have to book different attractions.

If this is true, I'm having a hard time seeing any value in the paid additional FPs (besides the prestige factor, of course). Everyone's touring style is different. For our family, the one thing that made this attractive (besides getting to show off how fabulously wealthy we are) was the ability to get an extra FP for FOP, TT, TSM and 7DMT. I understood you couldn't use the 3 paid FPs all on the same ride (but man, if you could!). But I thought you'd at least be able to use the paid FPs to get extra rides on things you already had FPs for.

If you can't overlap time, and you can't get a paid FP for the same ride you have a regular FP for, then what is the value of this? I'm not asking in a moral sense or an ethical one, and I'm not questioning why someone else would do this (we all know people who stay club level are rich, snobby jerks, with more money than sense). I can't see needing to pay for the extra FPs in any park if you can't overlap or double up your regular FPs. So I figure I'm missing something.

What am I missing?

I'm wondering if this is because booking all 6 at 90 days make all the FP+'s "special" ones and the rules are that the "special" fp+ can't be duplicates.

In our case I had booked our regular 60+10 day FP+ right at 7AM the morning the 60 day window opened for me which just happened to be the first day of the new CL offer. I decided to book 3 days of the CL FP+ offer and called in on the same morning.

For 2 of the 3 days we're park hopping --- so our regular fp+ are at 1 park and the 3 purchased ones are at a different park. For one of those days we're staying in Epcot all day and I was able to book a Test Track in the morning with my regular fp+ and then the DSS services rep booked another Test Track for me in the evening with the purchased fp+ .

As far as overlapping... since my regular fp+ were in the morning and the purchased ones were in the evening there was no overlap in terms of mixing regular and purchased fastpasses... but DSS were able to overlap times within the purchased fp+'s (ie. fp1 is at 6PM-7PM, fp2 is 6:45-7:45PM where the rides were close together.) All 3 days of our purchased fp+ have at least one overlap.

I can modify my 60+10 day fast passes normally through MDE but not the purchased ones -- so the system must see them differently.

View attachment 296598

Although DD says we have received before... these are new to me. If old news I apologize. Also DSS called promptly on a couple of new reservations. In the past that was very hot or miss for me. Don’t know if it is luck or if they are improving there process.
I have not seen these before with our reservations. What a nice souvenir. I like my paper for scrapbooking!

On a totally different topic... I'm going to Wilderness Lodge Club level for the first time with my daughter and her two children (11 & 8). We usually leave a tip for Mousekeeping each day. How much do you normally leave?
Thanks!

That makes a ton of sense! We don't park hop. And we'll usually have 3 Epcot days so that we can get all three tier one rides in. Plus on our last trip, we had no trouble getting Soarin' FPs same day.

Something else I forgot: the reserved seating for night time shows. Dessert parties seem a waste for us with so many good desserts back in the lounge. We had one scheduled last year for HEA and cancelled it.

Finally, yes, my post was riddled was sarcasm. I forget not everyone knows my sense of humor.
I couldn't find a sarcasm emoji and I fundamentally refuse to use LOL. I've gone back and added a parenthetical so as not to offend.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this is because booking all 6 at 90 days make all the FP+'s "special" ones and the rules are that the "special" fp+ can't be duplicates.

In our case I had booked our regular 60+10 day FP+ right at 7AM the morning the 60 day window opened for me which just happened to be the first day of the new CL offer. I decided to book 3 days of the CL FP+ offer and called in on the same morning.

For 2 of the 3 days we're park hopping --- so our regular fp+ are at 1 park and the 3 purchased ones are at a different park. For one of those days we're staying in Epcot all day and I was able to book a Test Track in the morning with my regular fp+ and then the DSS services rep booked another Test Track for me in the evening with the purchased fp+ .

As far as overlapping... since my regular fp+ were in the morning and the purchased ones were in the evening there was no overlap in terms of mixing regular and purchased fastpasses... but DSS were able to overlap times within the purchased fp+'s (ie. fp1 is at 6PM-7PM, fp2 is 6:45-7:45PM where the rides were close together.) All 3 days of our purchased fp+ have at least one overlap.

I can modify my 60+10 day fast passes normally through MDE but not the purchased ones -- so the system must see them differently.

Fascinating! So you were able to both overlap AND get paid FPs redundant of your free FPs! That makes the $50 worth it for us. I'll be interested to see if your experience becomes the norm. And if so, then as long as we only have DSS book the paid FPs, they can overlap free FPs and we can get redundant FPs.

On a totally different topic... I'm going to Wilderness Lodge Club level for the first time with my daughter and her two children (11 & 8). We usually leave a tip for Mousekeeping each day. How much do you normally leave?
Thanks!

Highly subjective topic! Two things no one on DIS can agree on.... the best CL... and Mousekeeping tipping etiquette. Not to be dismissive of your question, but I'd tip whatever you are personally comfortable with. It's really a personal choice. I'm assuming the tipping habits of DISers are all over the board.

Sorry for the non-answer!

PS: Love WL CL, hope you have a great stay!

I have a standard CL room booked for May. Would the rooms with loading/dumpster view be close to the lounge or far down the hall? I want to request the option where I have the least chance of a dumpster view! ;) Thank you!

They are down at the far end of the hall - away from the lounge. Requesting close to the lounge would put you overlooking the front entrance & porte cochere. I don't know how noisy those rooms are since I usually stay water view. Your welcome & congratulations on your wedding!

That makes a ton of sense! We don't park hop. And we'll usually have 3 Epcot days so that we can get all three tier one rides in. Plus on our last trip, we had no trouble getting Soarin' FPs same day.

Something else I forgot: the reserved seating for night time shows. Dessert parties seem a waste for us with so many good desserts back in the lounge. We had one scheduled last year for HEA and cancelled it.

Finally, yes, my post was riddled was sarcasm. I forget not everyone knows my sense of humor.
I couldn't find a sarcasm emoji and I fundamentally refuse to use LOL. I've gone back and added a parenthetical so as not to offend.
I agree with you about the dessert parties. You are mainly paying for the reserved seating because there is no way you are eating that much dessert to make the $79 price tag worth it. That was the biggest draw for DH and myself was the seating. At $50 compared to $79 for desserts we don't need it just seemed like a bargain especially with the FP's thrown in.

Thanks!

I don't leave a different tip than a normal room, usually $5-10 a day depending on what I have on hand. If/when they have turn down and I am back between (which I don't know about at WL but hasn't been much of a thing my last couple stays) I leave a couple $ more. I am sure there are lots of different answers to this.

As far as overlapping... since my regular fp+ were in the morning and the purchased ones were in the evening there was no overlap in terms of mixing regular and purchased fastpasses... but DSS were able to overlap times within the purchased fp+'s (ie. fp1 is at 6PM-7PM, fp2 is 6:45-7:45PM where the rides were close together.) All 3 days of our purchased fp+ have at least one overla

Just some additional information for those who are planning this. I was not able to overlap at all. I didn't push, but asked "innocently" if I could several times feigning a misunderstanding. Just wanted people to know that there results may vary depending on the CM they talk to and their powers of persuasion. Also, I made our reservations at 80 days out and was not able to get 9-10 FP+s for MK for any ride for some reason. Had to start at 9:25 and switch to the half hour at some point. Perhaps there something is going on the morning, computer glitch was happening, or they are limiting the # of these FP+s per time slot?

Just some additional information for those who are planning this. I was not able to overlap at all. I didn't push, but asked "innocently" if I could several times feigning a misunderstanding. Just wanted people to know that there results may vary depending on the CM they talk to and their powers of persuasion. Also, I made our reservations at 80 days out and was not able to get 9-10 FP+s for MK for any ride for some reason. Had to start at 9:25 and switch to the half hour at some point. Perhaps there something is going on the morning, computer glitch was happening, or they are limiting the # of these FP+s per time slot?
I had the same issue regarding the 9:25am start. However, I always booked my normal FPs early. Then I just went on MDE and had no problem moving them to 9:00.
Also, I had to call DSS to change a day around. She also gave me the 9:25 start, but then said "let me try to modify"- she did and it gave her 9am start.
I also couldn't overlap either.

Been reading through and confused does the Yacht Club still offer turndown service?

We had turndown 2 weeks ago at YC; housekeeping was great. Quite disappointed in the lounge this time though. Food choices were poor and CMs (in the lounge) not friendly or very helpful. Exceptions were the 2 male CMs in there ~ they were wonderful!

This makes me nervous. DH is not going to be happy if we have crappy service. We love the YC/BC though and I'm having a hard time getting him to try another resort.
You really need to try the BWI CL! They have been our favorite club level for years, with the nicest CM of any of the CL in our opinion. My 24 year old son and his girlfriend went for just a short three day stay and even they were impressed. He kept texting me to tell me how nice everyone was and that they both felt so welcomed there, like they were old friends though he had only stayed there twice before with us when he was a kid. One of the CM even offered him a late check out. They were trying to get a lot of park time in because his girlfriend had never been to Disney before but it was really sweet for them to offer. Lorenzo also jokingly told him they were holding the night time options open for them so that they could have a bite to eat and a drink before the car service picked them up to take them to the dark side (Universal)! Just above and beyond service.

Still waiting for the internet gods to come up with a sarcasm font. This past Christmas I got my wife the best present ever, the "Official Dictionary of Sarcasm".

The marriage was saved when the other present were tickets to Hamilton in NYC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!