Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

FYI, for those looking into pre-check... some credit cards will reimburse the cost. My Delta Amex also either reimbursed or paid a portion (I can’t remember) of a Clear membership, which is why I signed up for that earlier this year.

@mickeynut1 , thank you for weighing in! It is very much appreciated :)!

You're welcome :goodvibes.

3 weeks from today and I will be back at my favorite club level, Boardwalk Inn! I am so excited to finally be there again. Cannot wait to celebrate my 65th birthday with my favorite cast members and enjoy the holiday decorations.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Today is 99 days for me before first visit to GF CL!

Hope you have a great time :).

FWIW, my resort decisions are usually driven more by the resort than by CL. If I can check the box in terms of room, view, and location/transportation needs, then I’m good - CL is just the ‘icing on the cake’ to some extent.

This is us as well. We choose by resort theme/decor, etc., with CL just being an extra perk ;).

KerryCM, your reports on the BWI is one of the reasons my husband and I booked that amazing resort in October 2015. We have been back October 2016 and May 2017 (with our adult kids) all club level stays, and are currently booked to return in May 2018. BWI feels like home to us. We found it to be everything we wanted in an adult Disney vacation. The club level CM’s are simply the best. We love the rooms, the decor, and the boardwalk. We cannot wait till our trip back.

I love reading posts like this. I am tentatively booked for BWI CL in April (first time), so it's nice to read about others making multiple trips back :goodvibes.

Just so you know, once you book a bounceback you can continue to change your dates, resorts and categories provided there’s availability. Many more months to debate the right decision. :hyper2:

:thumbsup2

So... I’m down to 5 DAYS!!!!!! This week has literally felt like a month!!!!! I cannot wait for Tuesday morning!!! Come on already!

:cool1::banana::jumping1:

AKL looks like a gorgeous, peaceful, fantastically themed resort.

It is a gorgeous resort! One of the things I love most about it is that it is peaceful (at least to me). It is somewhat isolated and out away from everything, but that's what makes it quiet and peaceful :cloud9:.

Only thing we didn't love is the non-daybed. We are only a family of 4, but with 2 teens so we really need that daybed to spread out for sleeping. But that's not really a CL issue, just more a resort issue.

We're the same way. We are a family of 4 with 2 adults sons and while we love AKL, it's hard to go back without a daybed :(.

Positive experiences with certain private car companies for airport transfers? Need to have car seats provided also. The news of ME picking up four hours prior to departure time now is crazy!!! TIA!!!!

Another vote for Tiffany Town Car :thumbsup2.

@trishadono , thank you for your feedback! I'm surprised to hear about the quick transportation! I really appreciate hearing about your experience. :)

We've never had a problem with transportation at AKL. We've had 2 stays and visit every trip to eat at Boma and the buses have always been great. In our experience, it's taken maybe 5 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts ;).

I think three hours is bad enough.. but four hours in advance, NO WAY. Waiting that long at the airport with kids my age (at the end of a Disney trip) is like he** on earth, for me at least!

I agree! We've never used DME as I like being on my own schedule (especially for getting back to the airport), but 4 hours prior seems way too early :sad2:.

@GADisneyDad14 , WOW- thank you!!! In your experience, is it worth booking the private transport, or is ME just as good?

This wasn't directed at me, but for us, it is ::yes::.

Do you get to/ from your resort much faster which the private car (I'm guessing 'yes' on this one)? About how long before your flight would you book the car?

With a car service, there are no other resort stops along the way like there could be with DME. As has been mentioned, Tiffany's default time is 2 hours prior to your flight :).

Tiffany is one of the companies I was thinking of using for next month.

We love Tiffany as that's the only one we use ;).

We've booked with Tiffany for years. Our most recent experience was Sept 2017. The driver is always waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator to baggage claim. Very helpful.

This has been our experience with them as well. Drivers have always been very friendly and helpful :flower3:.

I’d generally rather pay for the time savings on the front and back end of the trip that comes with a car service, especially the back end. I’m in the minority on this sentiment though.

Us too! :goodvibes

i think you'll like rpc better . Lots of comfy couches and seating areas.....

::yes:: :thumbsup2

I feel that mine has paid for itself several times over. And I paid for my whole family and they have also gotten good use out of it. Add global entry on for $15 if you are planning any international trips in the next 5 years (as long as you have a convenient processing location).

FYI, for those looking into pre-check... some credit cards will reimburse the cost. My Delta Amex also either reimbursed or paid a portion (I can’t remember) of a Clear membership, which is why I signed up for that earlier this year.

Great tips! :thumbsup2 I'll look into both of these.

Thanks for the heads up - if I was more organized, I would have signed up for that before our upcoming trip ... but we've got ones planned in 2018 and 2019 with the whole family; shaving some money off the signup would be a nice perk.

We all have the GOES pre-check thing (paid for by our AMEX but it would be worth it even if they didn't reimburse us.) When we left MCO we were in the pre-check line but something went wrong with my DD's ticket (she was on a diff. flight and it did not give her the pre-check) and I think we waited for her for about 35 mins that day. So it does make a BIG difference when flying out of MCO. Last trip this past June we all had it and security was quick but the regular line was very long. We were able to leave the hotel at 2hrs before our flight time (early on a Sat morning so no traffic) and made it to both flights with time to spare. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to chance things and get there late. Not sure how the extra food swipes are affecting all of this, though.

Chase Sapphire Reserve will also reimburse
We all have the GOES pre-check thing (paid for by our AMEX but it would be worth it even if they didn't reimburse us.)

Does your AMEX reimburse the cardholder or anyone whose GOES is charged to the card? I think Chase Sapphire Reserve only allows $100 for GOES per year. Not sure if it will pay for others each year.

Hey guys, so I have a question... are you allowed to bring an ‘adult’ drink down to the lobby at GF from RPC? Just wondering! Thanks!
For the monorail, we use the coffee “to-go” cups, but if we’re just going to the lobby, we will even take wine in a wine glass! In October, my husband wasn’t thinking and put champagne and POG in a clear plastic cup for the monorail, but it was fine because when asked by security what it was, it suddenly became POG and Perrier (which is very good too BTW):rotfl:!

So...I don't want to place this in the black hole that is the Transportation board but my question is can you check your bags and get your boarding passes at the resort even though you aren't taking ME?

So...I don't want to place this in the black hole that is the Transportation board but my question is can you check your bags and get your boarding passes at the resort even though you aren't taking ME?
Yes, we do this frequently. We check our bags with RAC. They give us our boarding passes and then we use a car service to get to MCO.
The main thing is to check for the current rules for RAC-how far ahead you have to check your bags before flight, and what time they close.

For the monorail, we use the coffee “to-go” cups, but if we’re just going to the lobby, we will even take wine in a wine glass! In October, my husband wasn’t thinking and put champagne and POG in a clear plastic cup for the monorail, but it was fine because when asked by security what it was, it suddenly became POG and Perrier (which is very good too BTW):rotfl:!

That's great!!!! I am beyond excited they have POG juice, especially since we changed our breakfast from Ohana to Cape May this year!! I will definitely be making a "POGosa" as soon as I step in the lounge!!

Last edited:
Chase Sapphire Reserve will also reimburse

Does your AMEX reimburse the cardholder or anyone whose GOES is charged to the card? I think Chase Sapphire Reserve only allows $100 for GOES per year. Not sure if it will pay for others each year.

I'm not sure I totally understand your question, but I believe it's for every person on the account who has a card (we have 3 cards for 3 people, but all linked to the same account - my DD is in college so has her own but that wouldn't work for a younger kid).

Poly usually puts out two POG versions: one juice one adult. I add more white wine to the adult version because I think it needs some fortifying. A CM told me it was already alcoholic. I said I know and kept pouring. pirate:

:lmao:

I’ll be keeping this in mind next month! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter