Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

...Plus, we're staying there for a couple days, and we'd like to have our requests fulfilled (a room with a king-size bed near the lounge), which means we expect having to wait until the afternoon as we believe most guests traveling as couples have the exact same request. Or, another option would be to take whatever room they're willing to give us, and ask for a change at a later time. (As always when planning a WDW trip, it seems that, the more you plan, the more new options comes to mind!)
Just be ready not to have any of your requests fulfilled. Like you said, anyone traveling as a couple is competing for a King Room. Also, fwiw I can't imagine Disney would let you have use of a room for free and then move you to the room you want unless they really screwed something up. (That would take a room out of inventory and add an additional housekeeping service for free.) Also, I'd be wary of being stuck in the first room they put you in if they allowed you to try that. (Even moving the next day to a different room can result in you having to be out of one room by check-out time and being "homeless" until check-in time rolls around.) Sorry for sounding all Debbie Downer.

Just be ready not to have any of your requests fulfilled. Like you said, anyone traveling as a couple is competing for a King Room. Also, fwiw I can't imagine Disney would let you have use of a room for free and then move you to the room you want unless they really screwed something up. (That would take a room out of inventory and add an additional housekeeping service for free.) Also, I'd be wary of being stuck in the first room they put you in if they allowed you to try that. (Even moving the next day to a different room can result in you having to be out of one room by check-out time and being "homeless" until check-in time rolls around.) Sorry for sounding all Debbie Downer.

Obviously we will not be room-surfing until we find a room that we like. My point was certainly not being rude to the staff that help us have the most magical stay!
My wife and I are staying routinely in hotels at Disney hotels (99% of the time at Disneyland Paris, but procedures a look-alikes), and we know perfectly how Disney operate their resorts, trying to accomodate guests with so many different room categories and room requests.

It so happens that, sometimes, some requests simply cannot be fulfilled. Based on our experience, the best, and probably only way, to improve something that you don't like in your room, is to go back to the check-in desk at a quiet time, state your worries, and ask the staff for advice about what options might be best to improve your stay. Sometimes, no magic can be done, sometimes, solutions exists, be it paid upsells or a nice complimentory room change.

The key is to stay polite at all time, and absolutely and positively be prepared to actually deal with the consequences of what you're asking: sometimes you need to pay a little more, sometimes you need to leave your room in the morning and keep bags with Bell Services, sometimes they offer to help transfer bags…

Just so you know, if there is something that absolutely bother you in the room they gave you on check-in day (such as when you paid a different room catgegory) and you get back to reception, they have a procedure where they can send a manager check if the room is still clean (Disney calls such room “VCI”, “vacant, clean, inspected”) so as to minimize the downtime when the room will be unavailable for other guests.

First WDW trip, staying GF CL Sugarloaf end of Nov/ early Dec! So incredibly excited! I will be combing this very extensive board for great information!
On the GF CL general information post here, it gives a link to a typical GF CL welcome/informational packet. However, I'm unable to view this attachment for some reason. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hi there. Just stayed there this past April so can probably help but I'm not at a spot where I can write in more detail. Hold tight and I'll respond tomorrow, if someone else doesn't by then.

PS: What a great time to be at GF!

Last edited:

:eek: You're a plant from the Darkside!!!

But in all seriousness that's a really great idea for maximizing the benefits of CL on a last minute trip :)
Sorry about that.

Originally, I came to the DIS to find deals. I always think in terms of time is money. Something that saves time/aggravation, might be worth an upcharge, but the reverse is also true. Some tips to save money aren't worth the time/aggravation. (though I'm fine losing a little time pre-vacation to save a little.)

A few last minute trips is kinda how we ended up swapping our WDW AP's for US AP's. The total deal we got at US was just so much better, but I still like WDW.

From reports I've seen they are really are not allowed because they are a serious hazard to the animals if they get away from the guests and end up on the plains. I think (but not positive) I read a report back when I was researching AKL of a guest who brought a balloon to AKL and had to check it at bell services. If OP wants confirmation on the balloon issue I recommend asking on the AKL thread here in the Resorts section. They'd know!

I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last Oct/Nov and got a birthday package right from Disney to be in our room when we arrived for my Mom's birthday and it came with a balloon. It was there waiting for us when we arrived.

I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last Oct/Nov and got a birthday package right from Disney to be in our room when we arrived for my Mom's birthday and it came with a balloon. It was there waiting for us when we arrived.
Nice! Decided it was time to put this question to bed so I went over to the AKL thread here to find out what the deal is now. Looks like at least as of Feb 2017 a balloon was spotted being let in, but "no balloons" did indeed used to be an enforced policy. https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...ormation-thread.3567178/page-21#post-57191375

Hi there. Just stayed there this past April so can probably help but I'm not at a spot where I can write in more detail. Hold tight and I'll respond tomorrow, if someone else doesn't by then.

PS: What a great time to be at GF!

Thank you! Can't wait to hear!

From reports I've seen they are really are not allowed because they are a serious hazard to the animals if they get away from the guests and end up on the plains. I think (but not positive) I read a report back when I was researching AKL of a guest who brought a balloon to AKL and had to check it at bell services. If OP wants confirmation on the balloon issue I recommend asking on the AKL thread here in the Resorts section. They'd know!

I have stayed at AKL twice. NO BALLOONS ALLOWED, must be checked.

Thank you! Can't wait to hear!

Sorry, slow to get back to you here. Below are some links to posts I did after our stay that may be helpful. Please note, you may notice a bit of a negative bent to some of my comments. Please don't read too much into that. I won't deny that GF SL hasn't been our favorite CL of the MK resorts, but it has a lot going for it that shouldn't be dismissed.

As far as the welcome packet... for us it was just a piece of paper with some "welcome" commentary, an outline of lounge hours, info on the texting service, etc. When I get home I'll take a pic of it and post it here.

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Hope that helps... feel free to ask lots of questions. There are some very knowledgeable GF folks around here.

Sorry, slow to get back to you here. Below are some links to posts I did after our stay that may be helpful. Please note, you may notice a bit of a negative bent to some of my comments. Please don't read too much into that. I won't deny that GF SL hasn't been our favorite CL of the MK resorts, but it has a lot going for it that shouldn't be dismissed.

As far as the welcome packet... for us it was just a piece of paper with some "welcome" commentary, an outline of lounge hours, info on the texting service, etc. When I get home I'll take a pic of it and post it here.

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Hope that helps... feel free to ask lots of questions. There are some very knowledgeable GF folks around here.

WOW! Thank you so much! What wonderful, extensive posts. This is our first family WDW trip, and we loved the idea of a CL that's so close to MK and how amazing GF is supposed to be during the holidays. Obviously, that's where we're staying this year. However, we are considering both POLY CL and WL CL for a bounce-back in 2018 (it just about killed me to pay rack rate for this trip, so we'd better get a bounce-back offer for the next!). In regards to your comment that GF CL isn't your favorite... any recommendations for alternate CL stays for 2018? Thanks again!

WOW! Thank you so much! What wonderful, extensive posts. This is our first family WDW trip, and we loved the idea of a CL that's so close to MK and how amazing GF is supposed to be during the holidays. Obviously, that's where we're staying this year. However, we are considering both POLY CL and WL CL for a bounce-back in 2018 (it just about killed me to pay rack rate for this trip, so we'd better get a bounce-back offer for the next!). In regards to your comment that GF CL isn't your favorite... any recommendations for alternate CL stays for 2018? Thanks again!

Ooh, the holidays are lovely, but also crowded. PLEASE keep that in mind, any time they seem frustrating.

I strongly suggest taking some time this trip to explore the deluxe hotels. Each resort is like a little treasure box. I have to preface everything by saying my first trip to WDW predated almost all the hotels, and my first onsite stay was many years after my first visit. So I already knew MK very well. For us, the hotels were the only places we hadn't seen before, so we tried to save seeing most of them until we were booked at each.

But you'll be in the opposite position. Over the holidays, resort exploring will be your least crowded amusement, while park touring will be busy. Plus, it will give you an idea of where you want to go next.

At your hotel, look in the booklet in your room to find any bounceback. If you don't see one, you're still likely to be able to get some kind of discount almost any other time of year. Also, oddly the desk staff doesn't always know about the current offer.

We've tried all the CL's. We generally like them all, but each has pluses and minuses. Also, they ALL change over time. Menus and staff change quite frequently, though some menu constants seem to stay. Like they all offer yogurt every day, but the flavors and brands and how it is served changes. All offer some kind of juice/lemonade/iced tea daily, but again the flavor and how it is decanted changes. Even the rooms get soft-item remodels fairly frequently (new bedding, drapes, shower curtains, etc.), and even more extensive remodels over time. All three monorail hotels have changed quite a bit in the last ten years, though the general vibe/theme stays the same.

Ooh, the holidays are lovely, but also crowded. PLEASE keep that in mind, any time they seem frustrating.

I strongly suggest taking some time this trip to explore the deluxe hotels. Each resort is like a little treasure box. I have to preface everything by saying my first trip to WDW predated almost all the hotels, and my first onsite stay was many years after my first visit. So I already knew MK very well. For us, the hotels were the only places we hadn't seen before, so we tried to save seeing most of them until we were booked at each.

But you'll be in the opposite position. Over the holidays, resort exploring will be your least crowded amusement, while park touring will be busy. Plus, it will give you an idea of where you want to go next.

At your hotel, look in the booklet in your room to find any bounceback. If you don't see one, you're still likely to be able to get some kind of discount almost any other time of year. Also, oddly the desk staff doesn't always know about the current offer.

We've tried all the CL's. We generally like them all, but each has pluses and minuses. Also, they ALL change over time. Menus and staff change quite frequently, though some menu constants seem to stay. Like they all offer yogurt every day, but the flavors and brands and how it is served changes. All offer some kind of juice/lemonade/iced tea daily, but again the flavor and how it is decanted changes. Even the rooms get soft-item remodels fairly frequently (new bedding, drapes, shower curtains, etc.), and even more extensive remodels over time. All three monorail hotels have changed quite a bit in the last ten years, though the general vibe/theme stays the same.

Thank you for that wonderful advice! If we can fit it into our trip, we will certainly check out the other resorts!

It is our first time on CL as well as first stay at BWI in 30 trips! Strange observation I have noticed is the food at other CL's as in WL or YC are some yummy looking items! But BWI looks so so....Is it just the pics I am seeing or do CL's rank better in food (refreshment/dessert) areas more than others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter