• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if you can get the bread pudding at Banana Cabana that they serve in Sebastian's? I thought I saw it on the Banana Cabana menu at one point, but I don't see it now.

Thanks.
It was there last summer when we stayed 👍🏼

We are considering booking the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) for our next Walt Disney World (WDW) trip scheduled for September 2025. From my research, I have learned that the Aruba section of CBR is in close proximity to the Riviera Resort. It would be wonderful to be close to the newest deluxe resort without paying the deluxe price. However, that's not the main purpose of this post. I was hoping to hear from some of you about why you love CBR and whether it's worth it to splurge on this moderate resort. Thank you in advance!

We are considering booking the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) for our next Walt Disney World (WDW) trip scheduled for September 2025. From my research, I have learned that the Aruba section of CBR is in close proximity to the Riviera Resort. It would be wonderful to be close to the newest deluxe resort without paying the deluxe price. However, that's not the main purpose of this post. I was hoping to hear from some of you about why you love CBR and whether it's worth it to splurge on this moderate resort. Thank you in advance!
The obvious one for me is the Skyliner. If you plan on spending a lot of time in Epcot and Studios, CBR may just have the best location in all of Disney World. Not having to transfer like you do from Pop and AoA saves a ton of time both coming and going.

The second would be the resort pool and public areas. The main pool is huge and has a great waterslide, while each section of rooms also has its own quiet pool. There is also a good playground right in the middle of the resort and a few food options near the main pool. The Skyliner also gives you access to food at the Boardwalk area, Swan and Dolphin, and Riviera.

The last reason to maybe upgrade is the size of the room. It's noticeably larger than the value resort rooms. The decor is nothing special, but IMO having a bit of extra space really helps.

The obvious one for me is the Skyliner. If you plan on spending a lot of time in Epcot and Studios, CBR may just have the best location in all of Disney World. Not having to transfer like you do from Pop and AoA saves a ton of time both coming and going.

The second would be the resort pool and public areas. The main pool is huge and has a great waterslide, while each section of rooms also has its own quiet pool. There is also a good playground right in the middle of the resort and a few food options near the main pool. The Skyliner also gives you access to food at the Boardwalk area, Swan and Dolphin, and Riviera.

The last reason to maybe upgrade is the size of the room. It's noticeably larger than the value resort rooms. The decor is nothing special, but IMO having a bit of extra space really helps.
Thank you!

We stayed at CBR last summer in the Aruba section. This is our favourite moderate resort mainly because of the skyliner and easy access to boardwalk and two parks. Aruba section is super convienient to use the riviera skyliner, buses and dining options. Topolinos breakfast is a must do for us!

The main pool and splash pad were great and the food court was clean, spacious and has everything you need. We enjoyed watching the Epcot fireworks from the pool area or with a drink at banana cabana.

Rooms were basic but clean with enough space for our 5. I believe the rooms have been refurbished since we stayed.

So we liked CBR and enjoyed the skyliner and overall amenities. We preferred the Jamaica section over Aruba for proximity to the CBR amenities, the bus stop and the skyliner station. We liked Jamaica also since it was the first bus stop but overall the bus stops were our least favorite aspect of the resort. Just a lot of bus stops. We loved the skyliner but didn't enjoy when it goes down. If you're going in the storm season, summer time, you'll definitely experience this and when the skyliner goes down, the bus service transition is slow so that's just something you should be heads up on that. And then my last negative is the rooms. Even with some of the soft goods updates, the rooms still feel fairly dated. It's not a deal killer for us for most trips since we don't hang around the room all day.

We did visit RIV during our stays, but we'd either walk or skyliner over. I felt like it was easier for us to be closer to the CBR lobby and pool than RIV. I liked the proximity to RIV though, we love the QS there and the coffee shop and it's just pretty to walk around. Overall, the skyliner is a big benefit to CBR and makes visiting Ep and DHS a breeze and we enjoyed the food court too.

We stayed at CBR last summer in the Aruba section. This is our favourite moderate resort mainly because of the skyliner and easy access to boardwalk and two parks. Aruba section is super convienient to use the riviera skyliner, buses and dining options. Topolinos breakfast is a must do for us!

The main pool and splash pad were great and the food court was clean, spacious and has everything you need. We enjoyed watching the Epcot fireworks from the pool area or with a drink at banana cabana.

Rooms were basic but clean with enough space for our 5. I believe the rooms have been refurbished since we stayed.
Definitely,that is such a nice "perk" about CBR.

The Epcot fireworks are so loud and reflect off of the water-really adds to the CBR experience.

And the Magic Kingdom high fireworks can even be seen "in the distance".

We have a standard 5th sleeper booked and my parents have a standard view booked (2 queen beds). Does anyone know if these two types of rooms can be in the same section of the resort? We put in a request to be near each other (and I know it’s just a request not a guarantee) but I wasn’t sure how that would work with the reservations being two different types of rooms. Thanks!

We have a standard 5th sleeper booked and my parents have a standard view booked (2 queen beds). Does anyone know if these two types of rooms can be in the same section of the resort?
Yes, there will be quite a few of each type in the same building.

I just saw the May activities calendar posted on another thread. Could someone please tell me what these items are?

Caribbean Glow Festival: 8-10 pm, Main pool deck

Pineapple Social: 8 pm, Caribbean Cay Island

Thanks!

The other items are pretty self-explanatory 😋 Tie Dye, Trivia, etc.

I just saw the May activities calendar posted on another thread. Could someone please tell me what these items are?

Caribbean Glow Festival: 8-10 pm, Main pool deck

Pineapple Social: 8 pm, Caribbean Cay Island

Thanks!

The other items are pretty self-explanatory 😋 Tie Dye, Trivia, etc.

Pineapple Social
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 8:00 PM | Caribbean Cay Island Movie Lawn

Show us your moves, or learn some new ones, in this Cast Member-led dance party on the Movie Lawn!

Caribbean Glow Festival
Saturdays from 8:00-10:00 PM | Fuentes Del Morrow Pool Deck

Join us for poolside fun and games for the whole family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter