Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

No just like the YC/BC having less than 100% day beds, the BWI also has a mix of combinations of bedding configurations. We have had 2 Q & a daybed, 2Q only, 1 King and a sleeper sofa & finally 1 King.

Generally the BWI has more rooms with a daybed due to the fact that the majority of the rooms are generally the same size except for Deluxe rooms or Suits. The YC/BC due to the building design(s) have some standard rooms on the small size which in my view results in fewer day bed options due to the reduced floor space in select rooms.

Note: I have found that the best way to improve my odds on receiving a room with a day bed is to have a 5 guest occupancy. Disney lists standard rooms at these resorts as "sleeps up to 5 adults".

ETA: fix spelling...

Dave

Last edited:
Hello Dave I thought if the queen rooms did not have a daybed they had a sleeper sofa. We are headed there in December and I was counting on a sleeper sofa or a daybed I have never stayed there and I am really hoping for one if the other thank you in advance if you know the correct answer

Hello Dave I thought if the queen rooms did not have a daybed they had a sleeper sofa. We are headed there in December and I was counting on a sleeper sofa or a daybed I have never stayed there and I am really hoping for one if the other thank you in advance if you know the correct answer

The BWV DVC studio villas (different from BWI hotel rooms) have one queen bed, a sleeper sofa and a not-quite-twin size Murphy bed. Might be source of confusion....

As I posted above a majority of the Boardwalk rooms will have a day bed but not 100% of the rooms. If you have 5 adults listed for your reservation then there is a 99.99% chance that you will be assigned a room with a day bed by default. However, for example if you have 3 adults, I would add a request for a room with a day bed to your reservation.

No sleeper sofa (sleeps 2) when a day bed (sleeps 1) is not included in a standard 2 Queen room. The simple reason for the lack of a sleeper sofa (Queen) is lack of room to fully fold out a queen sleeper sofa with two queen beds in the room.

The day bed sits opposite the the queen bed closest to the balcony / patio. The standard rooms sleep up to 5 adults and the 10 Deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 adults ( 2 Queens ) + a queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 2) in the alcove by the balcony.

Standard room with a day bed:

BW-Standard.jpg

Deluxe room with a Queen Sleeper Sofa:

BW-Deluxe-room.jpg

Dave

Hello Dave:

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me. I may need to rethink things. There are 4 of us on the reservation, but my boys one high school and 1 older do not like to share a bed. I could add it on as a request but that is not a guarantee. I really need the extra sleep space.

I am so sorry, one other question. If the room does not have a sleeper sofa or a day bed do they at least have a regular couch. One of my boys can just sleep on the couch even if it does not pull out into a bed. Thanks again, I am trying to make sure I have everything correct before I change resorts. I really want to stay at the boardwalk but the sleeping arrangements will make the decision for me.

As I posted above a majority of the Boardwalk rooms will have a day bed but not 100% of the rooms. If you have 5 adults listed for your reservation then there is a 99.99% chance that you will be assigned a room with a day bed by default. However, for example if you have 3 adults, I would add a request for a room with a day bed to your reservation.

No sleeper sofa (sleeps 2) when a day bed (sleeps 1) is not included in a standard 2 Queen room. The simple reason for the lack of a sleeper sofa (Queen) is lack of room to fully fold out a queen sleeper sofa with two queen beds in the room.

The day bed sits opposite the the queen bed closest to the balcony / patio. The standard rooms sleep up to 5 adults and the 10 Deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 adults ( 2 Queens ) + a queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 2) in the alcove by the balcony.

Standard room with a day bed:

View attachment 322958

Deluxe room with a Queen Sleeper Sofa:

View attachment 322959

Dave
Are there any Standard rooms with a Sleeper? Not talking Villa, just Inn
Deluxe rooms are a totally different category of rooms, right?
I mean, if you book a standard room you wouldn't be put in a Deluxe room, unless they just upgraded you (which I realize is possible). You shouldn't request that, or I wouldn't at least. Sure, folks can, and do, request things they don't book but it's ballsy to request a room that is more expense than what you book. Requesting a room in the same category that you book is something very different than requesting an upgrade, which I'm sure PP isn't talking about doing.

And if you have 5 adults what else would you get other than a room with a day bed? Where would the 5th person sleep?

I am so sorry, one other question. If the room does not have a sleeper sofa or a day bed do they at least have a regular couch. One of my boys can just sleep on the couch even if it does not pull out into a bed. Thanks again, I am trying to make sure I have everything correct before I change resorts. I really want to stay at the boardwalk but the sleeping arrangements will make the decision for me.
Yes there would be a standard sofa when a day bed is not included. I see a pattern of confusion still developing based on a simple question earlier in the thread. The question that is generating most of the confusion was relating to the question concerning "all" rooms at the Boardwalk having a day bed.

There is not a huge inventory of rooms at the Boardwalk that "don't" have a day bed but there are some. I would not make a hotel switch from the Boardwalk based on maybe not getting a day bed. Now if you were booking the YC/BC and needed a day bed there is a much higher possibility of not getting one by default but again it is not as high as a 50/50 chance.

I always recommend that if you want specific bedding selections, make sure to have your reservation updated to reflect this request. Don't wait and just try to select this option via online check-in, the per-selected options are very. Also bedding selections have a much higher priority vs room views or even locations. Yes all requests are just that "requests" and are not 100% guaranteed.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate your patience with my questions. As long as I have a couch in the room, even if it does not pull out to sofa bed or daybed, we are good. 2 queen beds and 1 couch is perfect. My one son sleeps on the couch at home alot, so it will be just like home to him, LOL.

Thank you again!!!

Are there any Standard rooms with a Sleeper? Not talking Villa, just Inn
Deluxe rooms are a totally different category of rooms, right?
I mean, if you book a standard room you wouldn't be put in a Deluxe room, unless they just upgraded you (which I realize is possible). You shouldn't request that, or I wouldn't at least. Sure, folks can, and do, request things they don't book but it's ballsy to request a room that is more expense than what you book. Requesting a room in the same category that you book is something very different than requesting an upgrade, which I'm sure PP isn't talking about doing.

And if you have 5 adults what else would you get other than a room with a day bed? Where would the 5th person sleep?
Nope no standard queen bed rooms with a Sleeper sofa in the Boardwalk Inn.

The deluxe room reference was showing the space needed in front of the Sleeper sofa to open. There is just no room in a standard room to open a Sleeper sofa unless the room was reconfigured completely differently.

For 5 adults you should always receive a room with a day bed but I only list it as 99.99%. On one of our visits we did not get it initially for our party of 5 adults even with paying the extra adult charges but after returning to the Front desk we were moved to a standard room with a day bed. I guess the other option would be to draw straws and see who gets to sleep in the tub.

Dave

Yes there would be a standard sofa when a day bed is not included. I see a pattern of confusion still developing based on a simple question earlier in the thread. The question that is generating most of the confusion was relating to the question concerning "all" rooms at the Boardwalk having a day bed.

There is not a huge inventory of rooms at the Boardwalk that "don't" have a day bed but there are some. I would not make a hotel switch from the Boardwalk based on maybe not getting a day bed. Now if you were booking the YC/BC and needed a day bed there is a much higher possibility of not getting one by default but again it is not as high as a 50/50 chance.

I always recommend that if you want specific bedding selections, make sure to have your reservation updated to reflect this request. Don't wait and just try to select this option via online check-in, the per-selected options are very. Also bedding selections have a much higher priority vs room views or even locations. Yes all requests are just that "requests" and are not 100% guaranteed.

Dave
Besides, right now, the only option during online check in at BWI, is Near Elevator. Unless something has changed in the past couple of days
The Online Checkin room request feature has been woefully broken for all resorts for the past few months. Some choices are working at some resorts, some resorts show choices that don't exist at that resort, some resorts show no choices at all, etc. We just use Touring Plans, and have had great success. Because I hate calling because I hate their phone system

Besides, right now, the only option during online check in at BWI, is Near Elevator. Unless something has changed in the past couple of days
The Online Checkin room request feature has been woefully broken for all resorts for the past few months. Some choices are working at some resorts, some resorts show choices that don't exist at that resort, some resorts show no choices at all, etc. We just use Touring Plans, and have had great success. Because I hate calling because I hate their phone system

I'm staying at BWI in August, so I've called in my request for a room with day bed. The options for online check in are fairly pointless. As of today, they are:

Capture.PNG

I do have a question I haven’t seen an answer for. Are you able to use your own devices (roku sticks, Nintendo switches, etc) with the new tv’s or do they have them locked down? I know the old smaller ones were open, but haven’t seen anyone say about the new ones.

Is your device something which gets plugged into a USB port on the TV? I seem to vaguely recall that the ports were on the back of the TV and looked like they would be hard to see and reach. But I know someone answered that they were able to use their device successfully, so maybe I'm wrong.

Is your device something which gets plugged into a USB port on the TV? I seem to vaguely recall that the ports were on the back of the TV and looked like they would be hard to see and reach. But I know someone answered that they were able to use their device successfully, so maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah, they would plug into the hdmi ports

I just checked Shamus' map, there is one dedicated one bedroom on each floor, rooms 2051, 3051, 4051, and 5051. They are all dedicated, so none can become 2 bedrooms.
Denise
Can you request one of these rooms??? Are these far away rooms from the boardwalk itself??

Can you request one of these rooms??? Are these far away rooms from the boardwalk itself??
Sure you can request them, but if they are taken the room assigner won't know where to put you. I would request Village Green area, and since you want a one bedroom, you should get one of those four. If they are taken, you will likely look over the main pool or community hall pool.
Denise

Sure you can request them, but if they are taken the room assigner won't know where to put you. I would request Village Green area, and since you want a one bedroom, you should get one of those four. If they are taken, you will likely look over the main pool or community hall pool.
Denise
Are these rooms a short walk back to main area- so an easy walk to get to boardwalk itself. I have heard many rooms are far away. I would like quick east access to main lobby to just be at board walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter