Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I've just booked a boardwalk view club level room (which we've stayed in before) but checking on the Disney site it states - boardwalk, crescent lake, boardwalk inn gardens view? Does a boardwalk view room not guarantee a view of the boardwalk?

I understand that a deluxe club room has a boardwalk view but assumed that boardwalk view meant as stated.

Thanks
I was wondering the same thing. We just changed our reservation to BW view club level. Not sure what room to request.

Anyone have any recommendations about room requests for a standard view studio villa that I'm renting on points?

I thought maybe close to DHS so we could just use the side door. But then maybe upper floor. We aren't very picky.

Anyone have any recommendations about room requests for a standard view studio villa that I'm renting on points?

I thought maybe close to DHS so we could just use the side door. But then maybe upper floor. We aren't very picky.

No suggestions but just wanted to make sure you know that you can't make the room request yourself, the person you are renting from has to do it.

Hi all. First time staying at BWI. Have an AP rate CL standard from 3/5/17-3/10/17. Would appreciate any help in selecting a great room number that is a bit 'quieter'. Not our first time at CL in Disney Resorts- so know what to expect with that, just need some help with room selection- a range of numbers would be great. Am making my way through this massive thread- and figure it has been asked and answered before- just haven't come across it yet. TIA.

I'll log your dates, @Happy_2_B :)

10 Days until we arrive at the Boardwalk for our first ever stay (in a 1 BR Villa). Just a few last minute questions:

1) Are there coffee pots in the 1 BR Villas ? If so, do I need to bring my own filters and coffee ? And what size filters (10 or 12cup) ?

2) Do they have corkscrews in the room ? Critical Information.

3) Finally, I assume the villas have a blanket and sheets for the foldout couch. We are also planning on bringing an aerobed for my 11 year old, since our boys won't sleep together. Will there be an extra sheet and blanket for that in the room? If not, should we bring something in luggage or can we request more ? I know the rules are different for DVC rentals than a regular hotel rental ... this is our first time renting points so I just want to make sure I'm prepared.

Thanks in advance. Super excited over here !

Last edited:
10 Days until we arrive at the Boardwalk for our first ever stay (in a 1 BR Villa). Just a few last minute questions:

1) Are there coffee pots in the 1 BR Villas ? If so, do I need to bring my own filters and coffee ? And what size filters (10 or 12cup) ?
Yes, bring flat-bottom 12 cup filters and your own coffee. You'll find a packet or two in the room when you check in (and will receive another packet or two every 4 days, if you stay that long) but it's not nearly enough if you like coffee every day!
Oh yes indeed there are!
3) Finally, I assume the villas have a blanket and sheets for the foldout couch. We are also planning on bringing an aerobed for my 11 year old, since our boys won't sleep together. Will there be an extra sheet and blanket for that in the room? If not, should we bring something in luggage or can we request more ? I know the rules are different for DVC rentals than a regular hotel rental ... this is our first time renting points so I just want to make sure I'm prepared.
No, there are no extra sheets or blankets beyond what's supplied for the sofa bed. So you should bring some.
Thanks in advance. Super excited over here !

BWV is our home resort - hope you enjoy your stay!

We requested "close to bus stop" and ended up just around the last corner, facing out towards the tennis courts. It is far from the lobby, but we did not mind. We liked being close to the bus stop, the parking lot and the walkway to DHS. Oh, and the quiet pool is there, too. We usually like high floors and at first were not thrilled to be on the first floor, but in the end the room was lovely. We had 1024.

We requested "close to bus stop" and ended up just around the last corner, facing out towards the tennis courts. It is far from the lobby, but we did not mind. We liked being close to the bus stop, the parking lot and the walkway to DHS. Oh, and the quiet pool is there, too. We usually like high floors and at first were not thrilled to be on the first floor, but in the end the room was lovely. We had 1024.

I’ve asked her to put in “close to DHS.” If we don’t get it no big deal but hoping for the best.

BWV is our home resort - hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks ! I'm sure we will. Glad I checked about a blanket ... kind of stinks to be hauling that down ... luckily we usually leave lots of room in the bags (for souvenirs). Also we're doing Magical Express for the first time .. the idea of not having to worry shuffling the bags around is nice.

It's official! I changed my reservation from Port Orleans Riverside to Boardwalk Inn for 1/27 to 2/3. This will be my first time at BWI, so I'll be watching this thread a lot.

Here's a quick walk through of a Standard room, garden view from our recent stay at the Boardwalk Inn.

Ok....wait....is that the smallest balcony ever? Only 1 chair, no table? What’s with the bathroom door opening into the sink area? Don’t they normally open into the toilet area?

I was wondering the same thing. We just changed our reservation to BW view club level. Not sure what room to request.
I have a bwv cl room in 2 weeks. I couldn't decide what to request so I didn't. I am arriving early and decided 1st available would be best for Mom.

However some request "inside cl door" or near elevator(outside of the secure area). Looking at touring plans all the views look good. The ones outside the door have more of a side view but for Christmas they have a large tree there and I think mom would love to see that.

Last edited:
10 Days until we arrive at the Boardwalk for our first ever stay (in a 1 BR Villa).

3) Finally, I assume the villas have a blanket and sheets for the foldout couch. We are also planning on bringing an aerobed for my 11 year old, since our boys won't sleep together. Will there be an extra sheet and blanket for that in the room? If not, should we bring something in luggage or can we request more?

1) Yes there are coffee pots. Flat-bottom basket 12-cup Mr. Coffee. I believe there was 1 packet of regular coffee and 1 packet of decaf (meaning enough for 1 pot). Bring more or buy in gift shop.

2) Yes there will be a corkscrew, and you can call Housekeeping if it's missing from your kitchen. But it's a cheap one which might be hard to use. You might want to bring your own.

3) No extra sheet. Maybe an extra blanket. You probably could request an extra blanket if you say you're cold. You cannot request an extra sheet. When I was there over Labor Day weekend, I found a blanket and a pillow in the dresser in the bedroom. Also look on the shelves in the closets. There should be 2 closets.

You didn't ask, but people have been reporting that when they remodelled, they missed a few rooms when they put USB ports and electrical outlets near the beds. You might want to bring a power strip for charging in case you get one of those rooms. There is usually a electrical outlet near the table, and it's easy to reach.

When I post about DVC, other people sometimes pop in to correct my info but at least this gets you bumped up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!