Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We're also going to be there 10/4 to 10/7 pre-cruise

Got it, @gometros.

Recently added more BWV points so we will be staying here a lot. We love the location.

Trips booked....
Oct 1-5 in studio for DH and I and I booked studio for SIL and BIL
March 3-10, 2018 in studio for DH and I and booked studio for MIL and FIL

Will be booking F&W 2018 at BWV as well. Not sure what dates we want though.

Everyone there now...stay safe!

Congratulations, @lovin'fl, I'll log all your dates:)

Can you log our dates? We will be there 11/9 - 11/16. So excited for our first delux resort!

I'd be happy to add you, @kimieko :)

We just got back from a week stay at BWI. We stayed through Hurricane Irma. Disney did a great job during the hurricane, though our bedding wasn't changed the entire week & my DH had to go & grab towels from wherever (he didn't say) because we were out & there weren't any housekeepers around. I'm not complaining, nor did we while there, it was unusual circumstances & Disney did their best. We had a boardwalk view room, that actually face the green area, but if you turned right, you'd see the boardwalk. We also had a little window, which was cool. We had a wonderful stay.

Thank you for posting your BWI toiletries, @tsme.

Here are the toiletries which were in my 1-bedroom villa over Labor Day weekend. Sorry, I didn't smell them. I have allergies.

Thanks for posting all your BWV toiletry photos, @Best Aunt. I'm going to add them to the BWV chapter.

Last edited:
I loved BWI. But my only complaint about our stay was that the beds in our room were not comfortable. We've stayed at GF, CR, Beach and Yacht Clubs, and the BWI beds (or at least the ones in the room we had) were not comfortable. Too firm, not luxurious at all. I'm not a complainer about these things normally. That said, when I came back and posted my largely-positive review of our first stay at BWi, a few people here chimed in to say that some rooms had older mattresses than others, so we may have gotten a bad lot. I am still planning to stay there again this year, though!
....thanks for the honest assessment of the bed situation....we'll be staying on the BWV side of the resort, so hopefully they will be a little more comfy and easier to get in and out of....

Going to book a mommy and daughter trip for May 7th and debating between a studio or regular room at the boardwalk resort....anyone have any suggestions that would sway you one way or another?? daughter is 8! thanks :)

Going to book a mommy and daughter trip for May 7th and debating between a studio or regular room at the boardwalk resort....anyone have any suggestions that would sway you one way or another?? daughter is 8! thanks :)

What is your preference regarding where daughter sleeps? If you want her to have a real bed, you need to get a regular room. The studio has a bed, a sofa bed and a pull-down bunk which is smaller than a twin-size bed.

What is your preference regarding where daughter sleeps? If you want her to have a real bed, you need to get a regular room. The studio has a bed, a sofa bed and a pull-down bunk which is smaller than a twin-size bed.

The pull-down bunk should be fine for an 8 year old. So a studio would have more open floor space, assuming both bunk & couch are folded up during the day.

For those of you who have stayed in a BWV studio- do you think a pack n play would fit in the entryway near the door? I'm obsessing over where to put it. Only 25 more days!!

For those of you who have stayed in a BWV studio- do you think a pack n play would fit in the entryway near the door? I'm obsessing over where to put it. Only 25 more days!!

Yes, I believe it would. We always store our large suitcase, extra waters, other beverages, etc. there on the luggage rack. It should fit nicely.

Hello everyone! I was wondering what the current pool opening hours are for the different pools. Would very much appreciate if anyone has the info! Do all pools close in the evening, or are the quiet pools accessible even at later hours? We love to go for a brief dip into the pool after a long park day, but with gated pools this has become more and more difficult.
The Inn side quiet pool does have a fence around it now but when we were last there (Dec.) it was not locked and I enjoyed a peaceful night time swim. YMMV

The Inn side quiet pool does have a fence around it now but when we were last there (Dec.) it was not locked and I enjoyed a peaceful night time swim. YMMV

When we were there a year ago, along with Matthew, there weren't even locks in the gates to the quiet pools--no locking mechanisms, just a ground bolt on one side of the gate. The opening mechanism was just a push bar.

Has anyone happened to have tried the Yoga on the Lawn at BW? I can't find any reviews or info besides what's listed under "Recreation" on the Disney website. I'm curious as to what kind of style of yoga it incorporates and if its worth the time!

Wish I had found this thread earlier. We are arriving at BWV this Friday in a Garden/Pool View Studio. Really wanted a Boardwalk View, but it was completely booked. I did request a Village Green view through Touring Plans, but in the times we've used it, we haven't had much luck. Has anyone had luck with Touring Plans Fax Request at the BWV? We really want to see the Epcot Fireworks and we have a young son who goes to sleep at 7:30pm, so going to the park is not an option. Cranky Toddler equals no fun. It also looks like those are also close to the elevators, which again, with a toddler is important to us. Fingers crossed we luck out this time. Hubby hasn't had a day off since Labor Day because of Irma, so really hoping for a view of the Epcot fireworks from our room. We really want to see Sundays, for the anniversary.

I haven't stayed at BWV yet (arriving on Friday), but we stayed at the BCV in February. And I believe they are the same layout. That is where we put our son, near the doorway. We did have to move the Pack n Play every morning after he got up, but it did block him a little from the firework booms and the light from the windows. The only issue we had was a bunch of kids running and screaming down the halls one night around 10:30 which woke him up (they were THAT loud). But I did find that little nook worked well for the most part.

I'll report back after our trip this weekend.

One week before we check in for a short pre-cruise stay. Curious to see what construction is going on for the skyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter