Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

....can someone tell me how comfortable the beds are? Just diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica and it might be difficult to sleep comfortably/get out of bed in the mornings.....TIA.

So happy to have found this thread! Hubby and I are considering renting DVC points through DVC Rental Store for our next trip but it's quite a long stay. How hard is it to secure a 14 night BWV Studio for the first 2 weeks in November? Am I better to plan on splitting our stay? I want to run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon which is why I selected BWV and would prefer to stay in one spot the whole trip if possible. Moving after the half marathon weekend wouldn't be so bad though. Thoughts?

So happy to have found this thread! Hubby and I are considering renting DVC points through DVC Rental Store for our next trip but it's quite a long stay. How hard is it to secure a 14 night BWV Studio for the first 2 weeks in November? Am I better to plan on splitting our stay? I want to run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon which is why I selected BWV and would prefer to stay in one spot the whole trip if possible. Moving after the half marathon weekend wouldn't be so bad though. Thoughts?
....um, THIS November? [I've done a split-stay, and it's actually not that bad...it was a 13-day trip and the time spent moving from one resort to the other is minimal, especially if it's Disney-resort-to-Disney-resort...]

....um, THIS November? [I've done a split-stay, and it's actually not that bad...it was a 13-day trip and the time spent moving from one resort to the other is minimal, especially if it's Disney-resort-to-Disney-resort...]

November 2018. Like I said, plenty of time to plan/book

.....oh. you. had. me. WORRIED. there. for. a sec.
[...if you DO do a split-stay, make that 'moving day' a resort day. Or, the other alternative is to advise Bell Service and have them transfer your belongings to the other location while you head to a park. With on-line check-in there's no need to be at the Check-in counter - they'll even send you a text when your room is ready.]

Is the Wine and Dine the very first weekend of Nov next year or will it be the second? It gets to be a more difficult time because you also get into Jersey Week, Food and Wine is getting towards the end and there's Veterans Day so that second weekend is busy. That time just gets more and more difficult to secure a DVC reservation each year. Pool/garden view will be the easiest for someone to book and if they get the first part of the reservation at Boardwalk they can easily add on for the entire stay. I'd call it a more difficult reservation to get just because Boardwalk studios are so popular for that time but it's definitely not impossible. In cases like this working directly with a savvy owner might provide the best chance but the Rental Store working with the right owner can probably secure it.

You should plan to line up a BWV owner in time for them to book as soon as the 11-month window opens, i.e. December 2017, same day of the month as your planned check-in. It might be difficult to find a single BWV owner who has enough points to rent to cover 14 nights - if they do, wonderful, if not, a split stay shouldn't be bad at all, given that Disney will transfer your luggage as explained by PP above.

We just got back from a week stay at BWI. We stayed through Hurricane Irma. Disney did a great job during the hurricane, though our bedding wasn't changed the entire week & my DH had to go & grab towels from wherever (he didn't say) because we were out & there weren't any housekeepers around. I'm not complaining, nor did we while there, it was unusual circumstances & Disney did their best. We had a boardwalk view room, that actually face the green area, but if you turned right, you'd see the boardwalk. We also had a little window, which was cool. We had a wonderful stay.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 64
Glad to hear you had a great visit @tsme and made it through the hurricane safely. I was reading about all the stories from others riding out the storm in Disney and it sounds like Disney did a fantastic job.

Thanks for the pics too.

Is there still any construction going on with refurb? Last time I was there in 2016, there was refurb going on all around the grounds but I can't imagine it's still going on. However, somebody I know told me they were just there last month and there's still refurb going on? Any info? Thanks..we rent DVC so will be in the villas.

Is there still any construction going on with refurb? Last time I was there in 2016, there was refurb going on all around the grounds but I can't imagine it's still going on. However, somebody I know told me they were just there last month and there's still refurb going on? Any info? Thanks..we rent DVC so will be in the villas.

I was there over Labor Day weekend and they were working on the luggage storage room. Some bags were stored in a tent out front. Don't know if it's done yet.

Garden/Pool

Thank you. If we rent points thru another site (not Disney), I know we're basically renting points from other people (I think), the reservation is still under our name, right? And how would we add the reservation to our Disney account? Sorry for the dumb questions, right now we're trying to figure it all out for next year. Thanks for taking your time to read & respond.

Totally off topic, as I mentioned, we just got back & I noticed my fingernails grew twice as fast in Disney as they do at home. Maybe it's Disney magic, or the water, or the air, or the food, who knows but they're so pretty.

Arrived yesterday for a week long stay at BWI Club Level. It's been a couple years since we were here because we have been trying out other resorts. Today and yesterday have reminded us why we love Boardwalk and the Club level here so much! The cast members are second to none. Most of them were here when we came previously and recognized us and told us they had missed us. Especially Jackie who checked us in and Lorenzo who is always amazing! We have been enjoying the Contemporary for convenience and view but after the couple days we have had we are thinking our February trip will be back at BWI CL. The food offerings have also increased with an omelette bar on Sundays and evening dinner offerings from nearby restaurants. We had flying fish steak and fish last night that was so good we didn't need dinner in the parks. Needless to say we love the boardwalk and we are excited to continue our stay for the next week with these awesome people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter