Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

That and having the BW start enforcing the parking laws like the MK resorts do. We spend big bucks to be there too.

Well, we can't control Disney policy. That's why I mentioned the Minnie Vans. Or Uber, Lyft or taxi. Not everybody needs to have a rental car.

View attachment 254256 Here are the new toiletries. Not sure if anyone posted a pic lately. The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were in shower and I forgot to get a pic of them. They were in a tube like the body lotion above and were Sea Marine (my favorite). Love the extra stuff you get. It was very nice.

Thx for posting the pic. They look nice!

Well, we can't control Disney policy. That's why I mentioned the Minnie Vans. Or Uber, Lyft or taxi. Not everybody needs to have a rental car.
Yes I didn't say everyone needs a rental. We had one to look at properties offsite for 2 days so we decided to use the rental on our last rental night to go to a different resort for a little bit before returning it. I didn't say we should change disney policy. I said Disney needs to be consistent for all their properties if they want to enforce parking laws. It's not right or fair to the guests. We pay lots for a deluxe too. Just like the MK resorts.

Uber would definitely be cheaper.
But not necessarily for UberXl right? We need the larger vehicles and for us UberXL and the high top cabs are the same price about $20 to get around property. So we'd go with the Minnie Van just because it is cute!

IMG_1233.JPG
But not necessarily for UberXl right? We need the larger vehicles and for us UberXL and the high top cabs are the same price about $20 to get around property. So we'd go with the Minnie Van just because it is cute!
I've only taken a regular uber once in Disney so I guess the other that you mentioned would be the same as Disneys van service. It only cost us $6 in February to take an uber in Disney.

The Minnie vans are cute. They were all over the BW on our departure day.

The last time we stayed at the BWI, we were given parking passes as we rent a car. We also have a handicap placard. We noticed that the last time the majority of the cars did not have them. Then in May we stayed at the Beach Club. We asked about the parking passes. We were told they did away with them. Parking at the BC was limited because of the construction.

I will be attending a conference at the boardwalk in October. I need your help getting excited about this resort. I have never stayed here before but have gone over and eaten and I has not done much for me. I have been to disney a number of times and this is my 3rd trip this year. My previous resorts have been GF, POLY, WL, AKL, POR, POFQ, AOA. Please tell me I am going to love or at least be happy with this resort! I am excited about the proximity to epcot during food and wine. Please give me your resort tips! Thank you!
We love the BW area, especially at night. I love the lighting they do at night. Strings of lights all around and the light reflecting off the lake. It's really quite magical. IMO, the Boardwalk Bakery has the best chocolate chip cookies on property, so if that's your thing, you might want to check it out.

Have a great trip!

The last time we stayed at the BWI, we were given parking passes as we rent a car. We also have a handicap placard. We noticed that the last time the majority of the cars did not have them. Then in May we stayed at the Beach Club. We asked about the parking passes. We were told they did away with them. Parking at the BC was limited because of the construction.
As recently as July 4th, handicapped license or placard would allow you to valet park for free; if you would like. I use it for Pop (& pay if he is not with us). Didn't know if that would be of interest, but if you're having a hard time finding a space, it's pretty handy.

Just returned from our first stay at the Boardwalk. The room was beautiful, as is the rest of the hotel, but I must say, I was a little bit disappointed. I would describe it as "Deluxe-Light". I found it annoying that you had to exit the building to get to any food or store options. I definitely preferred our stays at the Yacht Club and Beach Club more so.

I was a little bit disappointed. I would describe it as "Deluxe-Light". I found it annoying that you had to exit the building to get to any food or store options.

Was that the only reason you would describe it as "Deluxe-Light", or were there other factors?

Looking forward to our first stay at Boardwalk....when you are on the INN side, and requesting a room facing E in the hopes of seeing the World Showcase....is it necessary to request the 5th floor as well, can you see the Eiffel Tower from lower floors such as 4?

IMG_0887.JPG
Looking forward to our first stay at Boardwalk....when you are on the INN side, and requesting a room facing E in the hopes of seeing the World Showcase....is it necessary to request the 5th floor as well, can you see the Eiffel Tower from lower floors such as 4?
We were on the 4th floor and could see Eiffel Tower, tops of America and Japan and I think Morocco too. We also could see Illuminations fireworks and lasers in the sky.

We want to drive to the Boardwalk for dinner and we will be taking my mother in law and her scooter with us. We will be coming from the CB resort. Can we park at Boardwalk in the evening?
Thanks!

We want to drive to the Boardwalk for dinner and we will be taking my mother in law and her scooter with us. We will be coming from the CB resort. Can we park at Boardwalk in the evening?
Thanks!

There was a discussion a couple pages back about parking at the Boardwalk. But if you have an ADR for dinner, they should let you park regardless of whether or not the parking rules are being enforced.

PERFECT! That is exactly the view we are looking for! Do you mind my asking what the room# was?
#4276. We actually asked for upper floor and quiet pool view. It turned out that we really enjoyed this room and view. It was very close to the elevator and very peaceful on the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter