Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The Nemo suites must be the most popular since Disney prices them at a premium, but which of the 3 suite themes would you say is the least popular? We'll be in the Lion King section when we go because I think it appeals to everyone in our family the most. I'd guess that is the least popular one because the pool isn't super close, but I like that we won't have any pool noise nearby.

The Nemo suites must be the most popular since Disney prices them at a premium, but which of the 3 suite themes would you say is the least popular? We'll be in the Lion King section when we go because I think it appeals to everyone in our family the most. I'd guess that is the least popular one because the pool isn't super close, but I like that we won't have any pool noise nearby.

My guess is that the LK section is the least popular because it doesn't have a pool...but I have no data to back that up. I've read several posts over the years where a lot of people who choose the generic "Family Suite" when booking end up in LK so that makes me think it's the least "direct" booked section. The first time we stayed at AoA we were booked in a Cars suite but when we checked in and saw the location of our room, we were as far away from the food court and buses as you could be in a suite (and further than some of the LM rooms). I asked if they had a suite in any section that was closer to the food court/bus stops. The CM did his little computer search and said, "I have the perfect location for you in the LK section." He was right. We loved our room location in the LK section. We've stayed there twice now. Both times at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall. We could be at the food court in less than a minute (important to us because we use the refillable mugs a lot while we're there) and it was also a quick walk to the bus stops. We only swim 3 or 4 times during our stay, so being close to a pool isn't critical to us. And the reality is that the Nemo pool is a very quick walk. We found ourselves going to the LM pool most of the time when we were in the LK buildings because it wasn't *that* far and it was so much less crowded. We stayed in a Nemo suite the last time we were there and we loved our location. We were close to everything that was important to us. We were booked in a Nemo suite again for our upcoming trip in June, but when the Summer Meal Deal came out last week we had to switch to LK to get the deal. We didn't bat an eye at switching to LK...we really enjoy that section. I will say that the Cars section is my favorite outdoor themed area and we always make sure to walk over there one night.

Driving question - if I drive from AOA to Epcot, is there a preferred entrance to take? (ie. Main entrance or international gateway?).
Thanks again!

Driving question - if I drive from AOA to Epcot, is there a preferred entrance to take? (ie. Main entrance or international gateway?).
Thanks again!
I don't actually think you'll get much of a choice. The Epcot parking lot is at the main entrance. International Gateway is mainly for the resorts connected on that end, and they can sometimes be strict about parking as it's relatively limited. I think sometimes you have to either be staying at those resorts or have an ADR at one of the resort or Boardwalk restaurants to be allowed to park there.

I don't actually think you'll get much of a choice. The Epcot parking lot is at the main entrance. International Gateway is mainly for the resorts connected on that end, and they can sometimes be strict about parking as it's relatively limited. I think sometimes you have to either be staying at those resorts or have an ADR at one of the resort or Boardwalk restaurants to be allowed to park there.

One less decision to make lol Main entrance it is. Thanks!

Just got back from our week long vacation Jan 6 to 13th. We stayed in the Cars section and really enjoyed the visit

We had wife and I with two “kids”. One is 17 other is 19. 2nd visit so we knew what to expect

Random thoughts.

Only saw a few dogs around the property and no big deal. Never heard a peep from them. More noise from little kids and the melt downs then any pets.

Weather was great so we spend a few evenings at the pool bar. Good service and was great watching the NCAA championship game there Monday night.

Food court was pretty busy as expected. Had a few meals and one night was sooo packed we just went to pool bar, had a drink and went back 45 min later and was cleared out.

Buses were AMAZING. We never waited more then 10 mins to any location. And trust me we went everywhere. Kids went solo various times so we had us at different parts all the time and we kept track of waits. There is traffic around Magic Kingdom so rides can be slower, but no real waits for busses. Even after park closing we never waited more then 2 busses and there were times one was waiting right behind the one loading. They used some temp busses from NY (according to drivers). They were great but if you needed EVC it did not take them, so you had to wait for normal bus.

I looked at the beginning FAQ , and I didn't see this question. We're going to be staying in a family Suite with three adults and two toddlers. We actually will have two cars with us since we are coming on two different days from two different directions. Do the family Suites allow for two cars? And do those privileges include standard parking in the theme parks? Thank you

I looked at the beginning FAQ , and I didn't see this question. We're going to be staying in a family Suite with three adults and two toddlers. We actually will have two cars with us since we are coming on two different days from two different directions. Do the family Suites allow for two cars? And do those privileges include standard parking in the theme parks? Thank you

You are allowed 1 car for every registered guest over 16.

We’ve stayed in the LK and the cars suites. The cars suites, we were in the mater building and the walk to buses and food court felt significantly shorter. The lion king suite was a little more worn and we were right by the elevator and it was noisy!!! The cars suite we were on the second floor and it was much quieter, mostly because we were farther from the elevator. But the room also seemed newer, which it is, and cleaner.
Both were super cute though. If i had a choice I would do cars over LK.

Do the suites at AoA have pack n plays, or do I need to call housekeeping for one when I arrive? I remember having to call for one at CBR once, but I don’t remember if I called housekeeping or the front desk. I remember at BWV there was one in our closet, but maybe that was a dvc thing. Thanks!

I believe i read the coffee makers in the suites are Keurig. Has anyone found a better coffee on line that has pods that work with the coffee makers in the room?

Do the suites at AoA have pack n plays, or do I need to call housekeeping for one when I arrive? I remember having to call for one at CBR once, but I don’t remember if I called housekeeping or the front desk. I remember at BWV there was one in our closet, but maybe that was a dvc thing. Thanks!

You'll have to call housekeeping and request one. There is one in every DVC unit.

I read a few pages back in this thread that there were going to be refrubishments with the addition of a coffeemaker to the LM rooms? Has there been any more info on this?

I read a few pages back in this thread that there were going to be refrubishments with the addition of a coffeemaker to the LM rooms? Has there been any more info on this?

Not yet, no. I believe they are going to do the 3 All Stars first. And that won't start until Pop is done.

Does anyone know of any rooms that are in the Nemo section that are quiet? I would imagine all pools side rooms are pretty noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter